Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:56 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:44 am McShay's first mock draft of the year

1) Lawrence - Jags
3) Smith - Dolphins
4) Wilson - Falcons
7) Chase - Lions
8) Pitts - Panthers
15) Fields - Pats
16) Etienne - Cards
17) Waddle - Raiders
18) Bateman - Dolphins
19) Lance - Football Team
20) Elijah Moore - Bears
21) Mac Jones - Colts
25) Olave - Jets
28) Harris - Pitt
31) Marshall Jr - Packers
Raiders with the 2021 Ruggs :lol:
I actually really like Waddle but surely they don't go back to back speedsters to go along with with Agholor, 100% speed with 0% size, what a fun offence that would be.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:03 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:56 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:44 am McShay's first mock draft of the year

1) Lawrence - Jags
3) Smith - Dolphins
4) Wilson - Falcons
7) Chase - Lions
8) Pitts - Panthers
15) Fields - Pats
16) Etienne - Cards
17) Waddle - Raiders
18) Bateman - Dolphins
20) Elijah Moore - Bears
21) Mac Jones - Colts
25) Olave - Jets
28) Harris - Pitt
I actually really like Waddle but surely they don't go back to back speedsters to go along with with Agholor, 100% speed with 0% size, what a fun offence that would be.
I mean if your trying to build the chiefs offense
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:06 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:03 pm
AussieMate wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:56 pm

1) Lawrence - Jags
3) Smith - Dolphins
4) Wilson - Falcons
7) Chase - Lions
8) Pitts - Panthers
15) Fields - Pats
16) Etienne - Cards
17) Waddle - Raiders
18) Bateman - Dolphins
20) Elijah Moore - Bears
21) Mac Jones - Colts
25) Olave - Jets
28) Harris - Pitt
I mean if your trying to build the chiefs offense
Then you start with Mahomes :lol:

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:49 pm

What about Dolphins takling 2 Wr out of 2 1sts round picks?

Weird Mock all around.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:15 pm

ravn88 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:49 pm What about Dolphins takling 2 Wr out of 2 1sts round picks?

Weird Mock all around.
haha I didn't even see that, surely they would be fine with Smith, Parker, Preston, Bowden.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:22 pm

I really really want Bengals to take Chase for 2 reasons, pairing him with Burrow would be just great just as an NFL fan, and I don't want Chase to go to the Eagles WR wasteland. I'm serious when I say I don't think WR's are likely to hit their potential in that system.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:28 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:22 pm I really really want Bengals to take Chase for 2 reasons, pairing him with Burrow would be just great just as an NFL fan, and I don't want Chase to go to the Eagles WR wasteland. I'm serious when I say I don't think WR's are likely to hit their potential in that system.
It would truly be a horrendous pick for the Bengals though. Like actually atrocious. Hard to think of worse picks in the moment in recent memory than the Bengals picking Chase would be

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:46 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:28 pm
AussieMate wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:22 pm I really really want Bengals to take Chase for 2 reasons, pairing him with Burrow would be just great just as an NFL fan, and I don't want Chase to go to the Eagles WR wasteland. I'm serious when I say I don't think WR's are likely to hit their potential in that system.
It would truly be a horrendous pick for the Bengals though. Like actually atrocious. Hard to think of worse picks in the moment in recent memory than the Bengals picking Chase would be
I agree it wouldn't be a great pick, but it might be the only thing saving Chase from Eagles

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:53 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:46 pm
I agree it wouldn't be a great pick, but it might be the only thing saving Chase from Eagles
You really think the Eagles are going to go after another WR in the draft? Maybe in FA.. but I'd think they'd rather target one in a rich FA class and/or let their draft picks develop.

I'm thinking they're much more likely to go QB, DB, LB or trade down.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:53 pm

You really think the Eagles are going to go after another WR in the draft? Maybe in FA.. but I'd think they'd rather target one in a rich FA class and/or let their draft picks develop.

All I've got to go on is all the mocks and analyst saying WR is one of their biggest needs, at first I thought it was crazy and thought surely that LB would be the best pick (Parson) for the team but I've seen many many many teams take shiny players over smarter choices.
It just wouldn't shock me if we saw them take a WR and I'd prefer the choice to not even be there.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:04 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:10 pm

All I've got to go on is all the mocks and analyst saying WR is one of their biggest needs, at first I thought it was crazy and thought surely that LB would be the best pick (Parson) for the team but I've seen many many many teams take shiny players over smarter choices.
It just wouldn't shock me if we saw them take a WR and I'd prefer the choice to not even be there.
I mean, anything can happen.. but that's really not relevant imo.

Haven't followed a ton of teams mock drafts out there.. but every. single. year they mock a TE to TEN. Now they're mocking a WR :lol:

"Team needs" is driven by national perception more than football know-how. I remember a lot of people saying LAR's needed to go OL in last year's draft... and then they drafted a RB and WR. Then their O-line ended up playing pretty well this year. The average fanbase considers Reagor a bust; largely because they're impatient, don't take into account overall offensive issues, and are comparing him to Justin Jefferson who set the world on fire just because the media mocked Jefferson to the Eagles all off-season. (Last I checked, 3 other teams passed on Jefferson and the 49ers were deciding between Lamb/Aiyuk... not Lamb/Jefferson).. so WR is deemed a "team need".

wouldn't put too much stock into it :thumbup:

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Haven't followed a ton of teams mock drafts out there.. but every. single. year they mock a TE to TEN. Now they're mocking a WR :lol:

"Team needs" is driven by national perception more than football know-how. I remember a lot of people saying LAR's needed to go OL in last year's draft... and then they drafted a RB and WR. Then their O-line ended up playing pretty well this year. The average fanbase considers Reagor a bust; largely because they're impatient, don't take into account overall offensive issues, and are comparing him to Justin Jefferson who set the world on fire just because the media mocked Jefferson to the Eagles all off-season. (Last I checked, 3 other teams passed on Jefferson and the 49ers were deciding between Lamb/Aiyuk... not Lamb/Jefferson).. so WR is deemed a "team need".

I'm a Reagor guy and still have hope for him, just not a fan of the Eagles atm, also I thought it was just dumb mocks when Zeke was projected to the Cows that year, all I'm saying is if the eagles took a WR I wouldn't bat an eyelid.
In no way will I sit here and say any position is out of the question for a team that seems to make so many bad choices haha

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:19 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:04 pm

So you don't think the Eagles have a need at WR?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:33 pm

I see a much bigger issue at LB, DB and think their offense will likely take a step forward once they get their O-line healthy.

If they really, really want WR help right now they should pick one up in FA while they let their receivers develop

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:07 pm

I doubt the Dolphins stay at 2. Think Flores, growing up in the Pats organization, is gonna move it and pile more picks. Been working for them so far no need to stop now.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu