took over halfway decent orphan

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

took over halfway decent orphan

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 am

Looking for some general guidance on moves to make to get this middle of the pack team competitive. 24 team league, 1 copy of each player in each conference. So basically two 12 team leagues that play each other week 16 for the overall championship. 4 teams from each conference make playoffs. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, PPR

QB- Ljax, Big Ben, Jake Fromm
RB- Gibson, Conner, Duke, J RIchard, Ito Smith, McFarland, Ty Montygomery
WR- OBJ, Golladay, Lamb, Hollywood, Crowder, Gallup, Washington, E Sanders, Hurd, A Tate, C Conley, R Foster, D Duvernay, Bryan Edwards,
TE- Mark Andrews, Darren Fells, A Okquegunam

Quick look rolling with Ljax and Andrews for the QB and TE works for me. Big Ben probably retires but can get a scrub QB2 as a toss in for a trade sometime.

That leaves RB and WR. WR isn't bad, if healthy. Golladay I love, Lamb looks good once they get Dak back and young. Just gonna ride the rollercoaster of OBJ as I doubt anyone touches but I'd be interested in selling him for an RB or pick if possible. Crowder and Hollywood aren't bad flexes but not great. RB Gibson looks solid and is undervalued. Conner can he stay healthy ever? Will he even stay in Pit? RB2 and the utter lack of RB3 appears to be the biggest problem.

Have pick 1.06 as well as the rest of the "6" picks along with an extra late 2nd and 2 late 3rds.

Getting a competitive team into the top 4 to make playoffs rather than top 6 to be in the dance will be more unusual for me, and difficult without stud RBs. And we all know how easy it is to get a true RB1 by trading :crazy:
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: took over halfway decent orphan

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:33 am

Hopefully you can land a decent option at RB in the draft. The 1.06 might be a bit high to take a RB after Harris and Etienne go, but landing spots could change that a bit post NFL draft. I would shop Beckham. It's a long shot but maybe you could find RB help that way also. Other then that, this team could take a year + to get competitive based on the RB core but I also don't think you are in terrible shape. The draft will be key for you this year. Good luck.

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am

I like all the advise Gator mentioned but I would personally also try to shop Marquise Brown, he had a nice stretch at the end of the year and has potential to be a sell high. I think the Ravens bring in a better receiver next season either through trade or the draft and Brown will continue to be hard to feel comfortable putting in your line up.
I’d also try to see what you can get for Ito imo.
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:58 am

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, PPR

QB- Ljax, Big Ben, Jake Fromm

Fromm can be dropped. Ljax and Ben are perfectly fine to have without a backup for your QB3.

RB- Gibson, Conner, Duke, J RIchard, Ito Smith, McFarland, Ty Montygomery

Not a fan of this group. I'm a little lower on Gibson than others. No telling what happens if Football Team brings in another RB. I think if you are in need of a rebuild, selling Gibson now may be worth it. The rest of your guys don't inspire much. I think the most interesting pieces are Ito and McFarland for people that may get a bump due to situation next year. Definitely will need to improve this position to be a contender.

WR- OBJ, Golladay, Lamb, Hollywood, Crowder, Gallup, Washington, E Sanders, Hurd, A Tate, C Conley, R Foster, D Duvernay, Bryan Edwards,
An interesting group here. Lamb and probably Gallup are your future here. I like the idea of holding onto Washington and seeing what he does next year. Likewise I still like Edwards, just unsure of whats going to happen with that offense there. OBJ I would hold on until he comes back and is on a new team and then immediately trade him. Golladay I'd be looking to move now. I think you have the start of some good potential here, but nothing in this group inspires much confidence for now.

TE- Mark Andrews, Darren Fells, A Okquegunam
Andrews and Albert O should be sufficient here. Dropping fells for a open roster spot is fine.

Have pick 1.06 as well as the rest of the "6" picks along with an extra late 2nd and 2 late 3rds.
This should really tell you where you are. You are middle of the road and you don't have a lot of upside in the future.

Overall:
This screams tear down and rebuild. I'd be willing to basically move everyone that is not a young WR on your team (Lamb, Hollywood, Gallup, Edwards) including LJAX (assuming someone will overpay) and Andrews and really look to build from the ground up. Could you patch something together to get to the playoffs? maybe, but I think you're more likely to sit where you are. Not good enough to win, not bad enough to get an early pick. I think this is a multi year project.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:25 am

If you’re dead set on winning now you likely need to really go all in. This team seems fairly far away from true contender so that would entail moving guys like lamb for multiple established vets. Lamb carries a ton of value so that’s feasible, but also really sets you back after the next year or 2.

Personally I’d go the route Abloom suggested and tear it up or at least partially tear him up and go young.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:28 am

Like others have said, I'd blow this thing up before trying to push for a title run.

If you choose the title run, I'd move LJax for RB or WR help. Go cheap & old at QB.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe I’m just being too optimistic that if I can hit on 1.06 for an rb and move some WR deth for another RB I could have a chance with a healthy Golloday and rolling the dice on obj
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

sumnerjw
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby sumnerjw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:40 pm

Agree with a lot of the advice given. I'd blow it up too, with goal of winning in 2022/3. The only untouchable guy that I would hold would be Lamb. Trade it all for 2021 and 2022 picks. The trouble with being in the middle is that you need to land a stud RB in the rookie draft and in a 1 QB league, you need to pick in the top 2 or 3 picks... and only way to get there is to ride the struggle bus.