ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:19 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:28 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:08 am
KingsKing wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 pm

Right here, opinion hasn't changed . Am I supposed to be impressed he took a hit playing football and stayed in the game? . I implied his softness was more mental than physical anyways , I don't think I ever said anything about him not being able to take a hit, I said he seemed fragile in his head. He played good today, full credit. Ohio was on a mission and blew Clemson out of the water. I've been wrong on prospects before and this is a long term game, he could turn out to be the greatest qb to ever play the game but I stand by what I said. I like Lawrence and Wilson better and Mac Jones is no slouch either, Lance is an interesting prospect but very raw. Pre draft and before all the declarations and landing spots are determined I rank them

1.Lawrence
2.Wilson
3.Fields
4.Jones
5.Lance
That hit? yes lmao. Dude took a helmet to the ribs at full speed. I can't even imagine how excruciating it was to throw after that. Not only Is the physical toughness impressive, but the mental toughness to ignore it is impressive. You don't have to believe in the guy, I don't think one good performance makes him a lock to be a superstar or anything, but don't discount what he did last night
I agree but you are sort of doing the same thing King is doing, some hits look massive yet players don't seem fazed at all, other times a player will get what looks like a small bump and bam! Broken ribs. It did look like it must have done some sort of damage but who knows.
Fields did do a great job silencing all the reactionary viewers from a couple of bad games, his over all body of work in college has been been great and NFL teams will likely view it accordingly. I fully expect him to go 2nd over all whether it's to the Jets or a trade partner.
Unless fields is just an incredible actor, you could tell he was in a lot of pain. im sure the drugs at the half helped, still doesn't make you invincible though
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:38 pm

I admittedly haven't dug into the research on this draft class yet but the Fields hate is starting to feel eerily similar to the Herbert hate. That didn't work out so well for many.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:45 pm

saw061600 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:38 pm I admittedly haven't dug into the research on this draft class yet but the Fields hate is starting to feel eerily similar to the Herbert hate. That didn't work out so well for many.
There were reasons to ding/dismiss Herbert, but one thing I'm taking away from him is to be willing to take the value gamble. In some of my deeper non SF leagues, he went mid/late 3rd.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:12 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:45 pm
saw061600 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:38 pm I admittedly haven't dug into the research on this draft class yet but the Fields hate is starting to feel eerily similar to the Herbert hate. That didn't work out so well for many.
There were reasons to ding/dismiss Herbert, but one thing I'm taking away from him is to be willing to take the value gamble. In some of my deeper non SF leagues, he went mid/late 3rd.
I never looked too much into Herbert in college but from what I've read he's done things that no one (or close enough) saw coming. Even analyst I've heard who liked him a lot were shocked about his rise, something about showing traits that he never did in college, or potentially never got the opportunity to show.
I don't think Fields hate can be compared to Herbert's as they come from different directions.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:05 am

ThunderTung wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:19 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:08 am

That hit? yes lmao. Dude took a helmet to the ribs at full speed. I can't even imagine how excruciating it was to throw after that. Not only Is the physical toughness impressive, but the mental toughness to ignore it is impressive. You don't have to believe in the guy, I don't think one good performance makes him a lock to be a superstar or anything, but don't discount what he did last night
I agree but you are sort of doing the same thing King is doing, some hits look massive yet players don't seem fazed at all, other times a player will get what looks like a small bump and bam! Broken ribs. It did look like it must have done some sort of damage but who knows.
Fields did do a great job silencing all the reactionary viewers from a couple of bad games, his over all body of work in college has been been great and NFL teams will likely view it accordingly. I fully expect him to go 2nd over all whether it's to the Jets or a trade partner.
Unless fields is just an incredible actor, you could tell he was in a lot of pain. im sure the drugs at the half helped, still doesn't make you invincible though
I just saw the the highlits from the Ohio-Clemson game, i dont know the rules apparently, can someone explane why there was a penalty on that hit ?

I see it as Fields going forward, the defender goes for the tackel and then at the end Field turns to the side.

That hit in the back is his own fault right?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:24 am

Clemson LB lowered his head and led with the crown of his helmet, this is considered "targeting" in CFB. It was a questionable call, that probably wouldn't have been made if Fields didn't get hurt. It's an extremely subjective rule, and one that while well intentioned is not at all consistently officiated.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:45 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:05 am

I just saw the the highlits from the Ohio-Clemson game, i dont know the rules apparently, can someone explane why there was a penalty on that hit ?

I see it as Fields going forward, the defender goes for the tackel and then at the end Field turns to the side.

I think it was a weak call. If Fields would have been sliding I could see making that call, but he was still running when he was hit by the LB.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:36 am

its because the defenders head was down. had it been his facemask that made contact instead of the top of the helmet, he would have been fine.

Also because (lets be honest here) it was the QB and he got hurt, I don't think that's an insignificant piece
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:18 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:36 am

its because the defenders head was down. had it been his facemask that made contact instead of the top of the helmet, he would have been fine.

Also because (lets be honest here) it was the QB and he got hurt, I don't think that's an insignificant piece
So every tackel where the defender uses his helmet is a violent hit ?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:29 pm

ravn88 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:18 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:36 am

under the rules yea lol, the only reason it was called was because fields got hurt during it. Remember they didn't flag it originally, they went and looked at it again. Had fields been fine they probably wouldn't have done that at all
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:07 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:12 pm
I never looked too much into Herbert in college but from what I've read he's done things that no one (or close enough) saw coming. Even analyst I've heard who liked him a lot were shocked about his rise, something about showing traits that he never did in college, or potentially never got the opportunity to show.
I don't think Fields hate can be compared to Herbert's as they come from different directions.
Count me as one of these people. I thought Herbert was much closer to Burrow and Tua than most people were giving him credit for, given that he started for roughly three years all told, had good functional mobility, and went early in the draft to a good situation despite not playing with a bunch of NFL talent. I had no idea he would be this good this soon.

Fields is a different prospect. He’s only played for two years, but he’s been great during those two years, but his teammates have been outstanding as well. I’ve done no research at this point into Wilson, but I like that he’s a three year starter, and I’m concerned that BYU doesn’t play great competition.

I also hope Fields runs at the combine. I’d like to know how fast he is.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:25 pm

if you try to use your imaginary rhino horn, yea. He risked a significant head/neck injury to himself, now imagine if Fields had ducked his head as well... process over results.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:16 am

Krypto_King wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:25 pm
if you try to use your imaginary rhino horn, yea. He risked a significant head/neck injury to himself, now imagine if Fields had ducked his head as well... process over results.
Yup leading with the front of your face is fine thats a proper form tackle , leading with the top of your head..... yeah thats how people were snapping there spine if your head goes down. It's a rule Moreso to protect the tacklers than the guy getting hit

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:45 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:07 pm
Count me as one of these people. I thought Herbert was much closer to Burrow and Tua than most people were giving him credit for, given that he started for roughly three years all told, had good functional mobility, and went early in the draft to a good situation despite not playing with a bunch of NFL talent. I had no idea he would be this good this soon.

Fields is a different prospect. He’s only played for two years, but he’s been great during those two years, but his teammates have been outstanding as well. I’ve done no research at this point into Wilson, but I like that he’s a three year starter, and I’m concerned that BYU doesn’t play great competition.

Remind me to check your QB rankings come July hahaha, one guy I'm looking more into is Chris Simms, seems to have been a controversial rankings in the past but his rankings look better and better as the players careers flesh out.

FYI I have been a big Wilson fan for over 1 1/2 years now, I also really enjoyed someone say he looked like a mix of Johnny Manziel and Patty Mahomes which just tickled the hell out of me, I don't even know how that would work as a comp but it was funny anyway.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:55 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:45 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:07 pm

Remind me to check your QB rankings come July hahaha, one guy I'm looking more into is Chris Simms, seems to have been a controversial rankings in the past but his rankings look better and better as the players careers flesh out.

FYI I have been a big Wilson fan for over 1 1/2 years now, I also really enjoyed someone say he looked like a mix of Johnny Manziel and Patty Mahomes which just tickled the hell out of me, I don't even know how that would work as a comp but it was funny anyway.
He's got a different take on players, but I'd hesitate to say he's that much better than anyone else.

Still good to look at for a different perspective. When people were calling JJ a slot receiver he was quick to point out that he played primarily outside the year before for instance. When people were bemoaning DK's 3 cone, he said it won't matter given his elite downfield traits.

He missed big on Michael Thomas, AJB, though