Where would you take CJ2K if you had a start-up draft today?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Where would you take CJ2K if you had a start-up draft to

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:44 pm

tstafford wrote:
MilwaukeesBest wrote:
MARKinMI wrote: yeah, i thought about that too but i just dont like RBs that get most of their yards thru the passing game. i like my rbs to be able to run between the tackles while catching a few passes each game. im not a big fan of catch first rbs like forte, best, r. bush etc. forte is undoubtedly better than those guys but im not convinced hes a good pure runner.
Mark, how do you view McCoy in that regard? I own him and he is doing great, but I have this inner sense of hesitation for similar reasoning. Any thoughts?
Maybe I'm missing something here. But Forte is number six in the league in rush yards so far this season. And only 3 yards behind McCoy. And he's averaging 5.4 yards per carry. What's wrong with that?
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's hard to explain... Have you ever had a player than no matter how well they are performing, or how high they are ranked, you just can't bring yourself to completely buy in? I'm an owner, I think he is an elite RB and it's not like he will ever be on an owners bench... I just have a mild hesitation like I am being fooled slightly by smoke and mirrors... it's a horrible analogy... I'm trying to think of an example of a player in recent memory.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:05 pm

MilwaukeesBest wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:
tstafford wrote: This is about what I think too. Although I admit I'm wondering what Forte has to do to convince me he's in this mix as well.
yeah, i thought about that too but i just dont like RBs that get most of their yards thru the passing game. i like my rbs to be able to run between the tackles while catching a few passes each game. im not a big fan of catch first rbs like forte, best, r. bush etc. forte is undoubtedly better than those guys but im not convinced hes a good pure runner.
Mark, how do you view McCoy in that regard? I own him and he is doing great, but I have this inner sense of hesitation for similar reasoning. Any thoughts?
McCoy plays in a better offense and just looks more explosive. i can't explain it but i traded off Forte after a few yrs because he was so up and down. i just don't think forte is an elite talent. i realize CJ is also up and down on a weekly basis but were talking about 1-3 rb spots difference in my rankings.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:35 am

MARKinMI wrote:
MilwaukeesBest wrote:
MARKinMI wrote: yeah, i thought about that too but i just dont like RBs that get most of their yards thru the passing game. i like my rbs to be able to run between the tackles while catching a few passes each game. im not a big fan of catch first rbs like forte, best, r. bush etc. forte is undoubtedly better than those guys but im not convinced hes a good pure runner.
McCoy plays in a better offense and just looks more explosive. i can't explain it but i traded off Forte after a few yrs because he was so up and down. i just don't think forte is an elite talent. i realize CJ is also up and down on a weekly basis but were talking about 1-3 rb spots difference in my rankings.
''

I think I was reacting to the comment that he gets most of his yards thru the passing game. That's not really accurate.