Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:45 pm

PTW32 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:09 pm I have shares of both JT and CEH. I had picks 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 and took Dobbins then Taylor then CEH but the order obviously didnt matter so I didnt worryabout seriously ranking them.

With that said I believe this idea that everyone picked CEH bc of landing spot and ignored talent is false.

I believe alot of fantasy football players know in there hearts that they are not professional football scouts. They thought that if Andy Reid believed CEH was the most talented RB they should put more weight into that than whatever youtube clips they had used to make their predraft rankings.

Obviously the NFL gets it wrong all the time but some of you act like it was so obvious CEH was the 5th most talented RB and he only went 1.01 because he went to a sexy offense which I just dont see as factual.
Respectfully, I really think it’s the exact opposite of this. A lot of these guys are so deluded that they think they’re better. Why? Because while a scout will watch every play of multiple games for every important player at the position, these guys think that they can watch a few YouTube clips of CEH highlights and tell you how the way he plants his foot before he cuts really matters. You can see how they’re so obviously scrambling to convince themselves that CEH is still the best back in this class.

The thing is, these guys miss on guys like Taylor all the time. I suspect it’s because watching a freak like Taylor or Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb run through and then away from people doesn’t satisfy that scouting cosplay urge.

Just draft the guys who are big, fast, and productive at legit programs. Ignore what some guy who watched an 8 minute highlight clip thinks about Derrick Henry’s vision. Trust me, you’ll be better for it.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Vick2Crumpler87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Vick2Crumpler87 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:46 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:38 pm
Vick2Crumpler87 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:33 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:22 pm It is pretty funny how many are bashing CEH.

CEH played 13 games with 1100 combined yards prior to his injury.
Dobbins also played 13 games with 925 combined yards.
D. Swift also played 13 games with 878 combined yards.
A. Gibson played in 14 games with 1042 combined yards.

All these players look to have bright futures. CEH simply didn't score the TD's this season most expected.

I doubt the Chiefs have any regrets they drafted him.
It's also funny that those defending him probably took him at 1.01, perhaps like yourself ;)
I had him 4th in dynasty and still do. Really like him as a pure runner. Really don't like him much as a pass catching back in a league moving that direction annually. As good as his career game was 9th best ever in rushing yards he only had a single reception for 1 yard, his first in 2 weeks.
I was talking about CEH. I had 1.01 in two leagues and the only trouble I had deciding on who to take was JT or Dobbins, CEH never even crossed my mind. I took JT twice and never looked back. It seems those who invested their 1.01 in CEH are p!ssing on JTs parade a bit.
12 Team SF PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SFLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB (TE 1.5 ppr)
2018 Runner up, 2019 champion 2020 champion

QB - Matty Ice, K. Cousins, G. Minshew, J. Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, J. Robinson, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. White
WR - Julio, Nuk, JuJu, C. Ridley, Tyrell, KJ Hamler, K. Cole, J. Meyers, C. Johnson, V. Jefferson
TE - Z Ertz, T. Higbee, B. Jarwin, L. Thomas
K - T. Bass
DB - J. Chinn
DL - Chandler Jones, H. Reddick
LB - D. Leonard

10 Team PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-2RB/WR/TE-1K-1DST
2018 Runner up, 2019 3rd place, 2020 Runner up

QB - Matty Ice, Big Ben, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, M. Gordon, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. Williams
WR - Julio, Nuk, C. Ridley, AJ Brown, A. Cooper, JuJu, TY Hilton, N. Harry, KJ Hamler, S. Miller, D. Peoples-Jones, V. Jefferson
TE - D. Waller, Z. Ertz, B. Jarwin
K - R. Blankenship
DST - Bucs

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:59 pm

Vick2Crumpler87 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:46 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:38 pm
Vick2Crumpler87 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:33 pm

It's also funny that those defending him probably took him at 1.01, perhaps like yourself ;)
I had him 4th in dynasty and still do. Really like him as a pure runner. Really don't like him much as a pass catching back in a league moving that direction annually. As good as his career game was 9th best ever in rushing yards he only had a single reception for 1 yard, his first in 2 weeks.
I was talking about CEH. I had 1.01 in two leagues and the only trouble I had deciding on who to take was JT or Dobbins, CEH never even crossed my mind. I took JT twice and never looked back. It seems those who invested their 1.01 in CEH are p!ssing on JTs parade a bit.
JT like all these RB's have had bad games. I see the opposite that people are going after CEH.

My choice was CEH or Swift in most leagues I could move high enough. I thought Dobbins and Taylor were better pure runners but didn't like their versatility as much.

Obviously, Taylor could end up when all said and done the best. I don't think so but he was certainly the best this year football wise. Robinson was the best fantasy back of the rookies.

For me it was never really an either or situation. I really liked 5 RB's. I own the most shares of Gibson by far because I could get him in the 2nd round.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:10 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:48 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:11 pm So many nfl gms and fantasy owners outsmarted themselves with JT
Fantasy owners, yep, not sure about GM's, not many teams were after RB's in general, and other then the Chiefs taking CEH ahead of 4-5 obviously superior RB's, were there any other misses that were pure dunderheaded inanity?
I think what I meant is that Taylor was a Zeke/Fournette/Gurley type of prospect but he was not viewed as such by NFL GM's, at least that's what the buzz was around draft time. Those sentiments were made stronger when not only was JT not a top 10 pick, but he wasn't even picked in the 1st round... and add onto that, he was not even the first RB picked. I'm talking macro view, a historical perspective view. I'm sure you could look at it from a micro perspective and go down every teams needs and players available on the board, but I'm just not interested in doing that. Seeing guys like Jacobs and CEH drafted higher just doesn't compute to me.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:26 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:22 pm It is pretty funny how many are bashing CEH.

CEH played 13 games with 1100 combined yards prior to his injury.
Dobbins also played 13 games with 925 combined yards.
D. Swift also played 13 games with 878 combined yards.
A. Gibson played in 14 games with 1042 combined yards.
Taylor played in 15 games with 1468 combined yards. (Great Game 253 yards.)

All these players look to have bright futures. CEH simply didn't score the TD's this season most expected.

I doubt the Chiefs have any regrets they drafted him.

Taylor is a very good RB. Could be the next Henry type. His concern is the same.

2 Total Targets the last 2 games which resulted in 1 reception for 1 yard. PPr Liability is the real reason many decided to drop him in fantasy rankings.
Coming into the game, JT had 35 receptions on the year (good for #19 in the NFL among RBs). 298 receiving yards (good for #17 in the NFL). Averaged 8.5 yards per reception (#5 in the NFL). Averaged 1.72 yards per route run (#8 in the NFL), and posted an 89.7% catch rate (#1 in the NFL).

It's a bit of take lock to latch onto the receiving concerns he had coming out of Wisconsin. We didn't know he was a bad receiver in college, just that he wasn't used as one. Based on pretty much every metric out there, he's at least serviceable in this area and possibly better.

Also would like to add that your comparison of total yards is a bit unfair given that Swift, Gibson, and Dobbins were not leadbacks in their offense since week 1. CEH was gifted the best possible scenario for fantasy success and has been lackluster.

CEH has proven to be an above average rusher at best in a class full of studs. He'll need to become an elite receiver to be thought of in the same vein as these other RBs, imo.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:31 pm

College Target Share is a pretty reliable indicator in my opinion. JT's was 10.3% or 76th percentile. Fournette's was 11.9% or 85th percentile. Typically guys who actually can't catch are more around 5%, such as Jordan Howard and Chris Carson. Derrick Henry 3.8% or 14th percentile.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:28 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:04 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:53 pm So the real question is what is the over/under on 253 yard rushing performances in a game for the remainder of his career?
This question could also be rephrased as: Will he be the only RB to own 2 top 10 rushing performances of all time?
oh yes! yes he will! Image

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:22 pm Taylor is a very good RB. Could be the next Henry type. His concern is the same.

2 Total Targets the last 2 games which resulted in 1 reception for 1 yard. PPr Liability is the real reason many decided to drop him in fantasy rankings.
and yet, he had more catches than swift in their last season in college. also, he has the same number of targets zeke got in his first year (but with more catches). so it seems that's a bit of a lazy narrative. and that's without considering that hines is really good at what he does.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:54 am

PTW32 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:09 pm Obviously the NFL gets it wrong all the time but some of you act like it was so obvious CEH was the 5th most talented RB and he only went 1.01 because he went to a sexy offense which I just dont see as factual.
I completely disagree with this. CEH was nobody's #1 before the draft. He moved up solely because of the KC and Andy Reid narrative. That is a fact.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:28 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:54 am
PTW32 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:09 pm Obviously the NFL gets it wrong all the time but some of you act like it was so obvious CEH was the 5th most talented RB and he only went 1.01 because he went to a sexy offense which I just dont see as factual.
I completely disagree with this. CEH was nobody's #1 before the draft. He moved up solely because of the KC and Andy Reid narrative. That is a fact.
Sure but part of the "Andy Reid narrative" is that Andy Reid had his choice of all the RB in the draft and choose CEH. Which would lead most reasonable people to believe Andy Reid thought he was the most talented back.

The idea the picking CEH at 1.01 was picking "situation over talent" is bs because most of us wouldnt know talent if it slapped us in the face. Its very possible that picking CEH at 1.01 was preceived to the owners as picking the best talent if they relied on Reids talent evaluation over some guy on the internet.

It may or may not workout out but this is not the same as moving up Vaughn because he was drafted by TB in the 3rd.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:34 am

PTW32 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:28 am

Sure but part of the "Andy Reid narrative" is that Andy Reid had his choice of all the RB in the draft and choose CEH. Which would lead most reasonable people to believe Andy Reid thought he was the most talented back.

When the Chiefs took CEH they also had Damien Williams expected to play. They took, IMO, CEH as a luxury pick to complement their PASS game. He wasn't drafted to be their bell cow, just how it worked out and that shot him up draft boards. My point is his expectations where always over inflated and his talent was not 1.01.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:56 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:34 am

When the Chiefs took CEH they also had Damien Williams expected to play. They took, IMO, CEH as a luxury pick to complement their PASS game. He wasn't drafted to be their bell cow, just how it worked out and that shot him up draft boards. My point is his expectations where always over inflated and his talent was not 1.01.
People keep saying Reid took him because they thought he was the best when it's proven (it's in writing and quoted) that they asked Mahomes who HE wanted and HE said CEH, and they're like yeah sounds good.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:05 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:56 am
murphysxm wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:34 am

People keep saying Reid took him because they thought he was the best when it's proven (it's in writing and quoted) that they asked Mahomes who HE wanted and HE said CEH, and they're like yeah sounds good.
Even if that were true (I believe Reid has said he had CEH at the top of his board and just seeing if Mahomes agrees) . Mahomes opinion on talent still means more than yours.

All I'm saying is that people that took CEH 1.01 had reasons to believe they were picking based on both talent and situation and not just situation.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:12 am

PTW32 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:05 am
All I'm saying is that people that took CEH 1.01 had reasons to believe they were picking based on both talent and situation and not just situation.
I mean he is an NFL RB, of course he has talent. I just don't think a single owner takes him 1.01 if he wasn't drafted by the Chiefs. I took JT and I am happy I did.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:16 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:10 pm
stoneghost28 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:48 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:11 pm So many nfl gms and fantasy owners outsmarted themselves with JT
Fantasy owners, yep, not sure about GM's, not many teams were after RB's in general, and other then the Chiefs taking CEH ahead of 4-5 obviously superior RB's, were there any other misses that were pure dunderheaded inanity?
I think what I meant is that Taylor was a Zeke/Fournette/Gurley type of prospect but he was not viewed as such by NFL GM's, at least that's what the buzz was around draft time. Those sentiments were made stronger when not only was JT not a top 10 pick, but he wasn't even picked in the 1st round... and add onto that, he was not even the first RB picked. I'm talking macro view, a historical perspective view. I'm sure you could look at it from a micro perspective and go down every teams needs and players available on the board, but I'm just not interested in doing that. Seeing guys like Jacobs and CEH drafted higher just doesn't compute to me.

I don't think that's right either though. Look at what's happened at RB:

You have the '09-'14 drought. It's not that a philosophy changed in that era, it's that the RB prospects of that era were generally garbage, every once in a while teams reached, but not very often. Then you get '15-'18 and look whats happened:

'15: Gurley top pick, Gordon top 15ish pick: looks like wasted draft capital by 2019

'16: Zeke top pick: looks to be a bit sketchy by 2020

'17: Fournette top four: wasted draft capital.

'18: Barkley top 3: torn acl in 2 of 3 years, guice, projected to go top 15-already out of league, Michel taking first round-bust

'19: Raiders take Jacobs top 20, he never is used properly and isn't worth the investment through two years.

One could go on and on, but I know there were some, maybe you, who posted about the draft capital used as meaning the guys weren't seen as the same quality of the top guys from '15-'18, I didn't see it that way. I saw it as the NFL finally really learning that not only should they not give RB's 2nd contracts, but #2, they also shouldn't waste top 10 or 20 or 30 draft capital on RB's, period, no matter the evaluation.

Look at what teams picked these guys as well, were they cutting edge?

Idiots in Dallas take Zeke top 5, Fisher's retirement tour and whomever was in San Diego at the time waste top draft capital on Gurley/Gordon, Jag's and Panthers since fired F.O. bungles Fournette while the Panthers nail McCaffrey, Idiot Gentleman takes Barkley over a QB in '18 etc. Most of the F.O.'s that violated they rule either got ---- canned for their trouble in short order, or are basically family run so can't be fired or are billichek and won't be etc.

I don't think Taylor and the rest went 2nd round (save CEH) because they weren't as good as the studs from '15-'18, I think they went 2nd round because slowly but surely the NFL is learning how to do this by bashing it's head against a wall enough times in a decade to finally let logic sink in, even for the idiot franchises, like my own, and I also think the fact that the '15-'19 classes restocked what was largely bare after the '09-'14 drought also left few openings around the league.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:43 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:12 am
PTW32 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:05 am
I mean he is an NFL RB, of course he has talent. I just don't think a single owner takes him 1.01 if he wasn't drafted by the Chiefs. I took JT and I am happy I did.
Take names and landing spots away for a second: Where do you think the first RB drafted in the NFL draft, that happened to get drafted in round 1 of the NFL draft, is going to go in dynasty rookie drafts?

9 times out of 10 that player is your 1.01. The 1 time it isn't is when you have a Megatron in that draft class.

Suggesting CEH was a faux 1.01 is ignoring dynasty rookie draft history entirely.