cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:48 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:40 am
cantguardjake wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:54 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:39 am

Whether or not you think he is good, NFL GMs and coaches have big egos and think they can take traits and fix all the other stuff

Sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong
What are his traits though, he doesn’t have a Josh Allen arm and I don’t think he will test athletically as well as everyone thinks (he doesn’t have game changing rushing ability like Kyler or Lamar, or a frame like Allen or Newton).

You're thinking of the wrong guy then, because he absolutely has a huge arm and is a big time rushing threat. Those two things will be highlighted among the top positives in just about any scouting report you see on him.
Yea I know those are allegedly the top positives because he is average at everything else - but like I said his arm isn’t Allen strong, or even Herbert strong and doesn’t look like it has any special velocity.

IMO he has build up speed as a rusher, usually breaks a tackle early and is off but I’d prefer someone like Ridder who seems to get out of the pocket quicker.

Each to their own though, I guess we’ll see what the scouts think of him, the combine should be fun.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:01 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:48 am
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:40 am
cantguardjake wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:54 am

What are his traits though, he doesn’t have a Josh Allen arm and I don’t think he will test athletically as well as everyone thinks (he doesn’t have game changing rushing ability like Kyler or Lamar, or a frame like Allen or Newton).

You're thinking of the wrong guy then, because he absolutely has a huge arm and is a big time rushing threat. Those two things will be highlighted among the top positives in just about any scouting report you see on him.
Yea I know those are allegedly the top positives because he is average at everything else - but like I said his arm isn’t Allen strong, or even Herbert strong and doesn’t look like it has any special velocity.

IMO he has build up speed as a rusher, usually breaks a tackle early and is off but I’d prefer someone like Ridder who seems to get out of the pocket quicker.

Each to their own though, I guess we’ll see what the scouts think of him, the combine should be fun.
His mechanics need a little work when driving the ball, but his armstrength is very apparent when you watch his deep ball. He hits 50 yard bombs effortlessly with regularity. His arm talent is closer to Mahomes than Josh Allen/ Justin Herbert

I really dont know how his rushing ability will translate given the strength of competition, but he’s definitely a plus athlete; somewhere in the 4.45 to 4.55 range.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:43 pm

Trey Lance has lovely footwork to go with his big arm, too. His fantasy upside - if he hits - will be immense. If he gets drafted by a good GM/team with a stable office - think like when the Ravens took Jackson - then I will be extremely intrigued, and probably actively trying to get him.

I'm only just getting into my Rookie scouting now, but this is what first tipped me off to him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gFE6J ... =emb_title

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Following
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:30 pm

mild wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:43 pm Trey Lance has lovely footwork to go with his big arm, too. His fantasy upside - if he hits - will be immense. If he gets drafted by a good GM/team with a stable office - think like when the Ravens took Jackson - then I will be extremely intrigued, and probably actively trying to get him.

I'm only just getting into my Rookie scouting now, but this is what first tipped me off to him:
I like the mental makeup profile. He has been overlooked his entire life and his biggest drawbacks are a lack of decision making and decisiveness when it comes the run pass. That comes with seasoning and game experience. He has only played in game at North Dakota St for one season, being behind Easton Stick for a year. He is a big, physical runner and I think his mechanics can be fixed (which is what the NFLers are harping on). I absolutely agree with you, as he is my number one target in this draft. Hope to get him 3rd round.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:27 pm

mild wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:43 pm Trey Lance has lovely footwork to go with his big arm, too. His fantasy upside - if he hits - will be immense. If he gets drafted by a good GM/team with a stable office - think like when the Ravens took Jackson - then I will be extremely intrigued, and probably actively trying to get him.

I missed horribly on Herbert so maybe I am overcorrecting but Lance intrigues me greatly

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:35 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:27 pm

I missed horribly on Herbert so maybe I am overcorrecting but Lance intrigues me greatly
He should be intriguing to everyone for fantasy purposes, his skillset is extremely fantasy friendly. I will be adding him everywhere I can for the same reason I got as many Lamar shares as I could when he was a rookie: I don't know if he will be a good NFL QB, but I do know that if he is good that he will be a star in fantasy. You have to take those chances sometimes.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:45 pm

Sermon will probably start shooting up boards after tonight too. Kinda giving me CEH vibes
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:03 am

ThunderTung wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:45 pm Sermon will probably start shooting up boards after tonight too. Kinda giving me CEH vibes
I was super impressed by him too. Sort of reminding me more of the Josh Jacobs / Damien Harris situation a couple years ago, personally... gifted runner stuck behind an incumbent, questions about why he's not playing ahead of Master Teague, flashes any time he gets opportunity... and so on...

All I know is that he absolutely deee-stroyed Clemson tonight. He was a 4 Star recruit. If he tests well or gets a good landing spot (or both) then the secret will be truly out on him.

If you'd gotten me blind, knowing nothing, and had me watch that game and asked me who the best player on the field was - he'd have been on the shortlist for sure.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:12 am

Lance to me isn't getting enough respect and love. When I study him he reminds me so much of Mahomes. His mechanics, his ability to throw on the run, excellent deep ball guy. Pocket awareness is great. I love the kid.

I loved Herbert last year and Lance is my guy this year.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:16 am

Sermon's definitely turned it up down the stretch, but last night had damn-near perfect blocking. ESPN was showing some of them at halftime and his YBC was around 6-7 yards. It was a similar story in the Big 10 title game.

mls
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mls » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:24 am

ThunderTung wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:45 pm Sermon will probably start shooting up boards after tonight too. Kinda giving me CEH vibes
This is annoying. He was a guy you COULD have drafted late second or into the 3rd. That is not happening now.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:32 am

mls wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:24 am
This is annoying. He was a guy you COULD have drafted late second or into the 3rd. That is not happening now.
You're right, not anymore. :)

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:33 am

mls wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:24 am
I would feel bad for you but I had CEH has my number one running back a year ago. Traded up to the 1.04 to get him in one of my leagues figuring nobody was drafting him that I besides me. Then The Chiefs really f that up

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm

So potential QB landing spots (not including Jaguars because it's obvious what's happening there) for the top guys: Panthers, 49ers, Jets, Patriots, Falcons, Lions, Washington, Bears, Broncos, maybe Colts/Steelers/Saints/Bucs

Potential RB spots: Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets, Seahawks, Steelers, Falcons, maybe 49ers/Broncos

What would you consider good, average and bad ones