Selling Studs this Offseason

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Selling Studs this Offseason

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:26 pm

Who are the studs you are looking to sell this offseason and what type of value are you seeking in return?

I am looking to move:

Dalvin Cook
Derrick Henry
Amari Cooper

I just feel that all three of the players listed are at their highest value. For Cook and Henry, I am expecting a Sanders/Jacobs caliber type RB plus either an early first or a WR like McLaurin / AJB / Moore. For Cooper, I am going to try and milk out two firsts or a first plus a WR prospect such as Ruggs.

Lastly, I am going to openly shop Christian McCaffrey. I honestly don't believe he will be as elite as he was last season ever again. I know this was an injury ridden year for him, but now still may be the best time to sell as everyone is still a believer. I don't know, though...tough!

Who are you trying to sell?
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Selling Studs this Offseason

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:41 pm

If I could sell Cook for Jacobs and AJB I'd do it in a second. I wouldn't care if Cook was 21. That would be shocking if that trade got accepted, but all the power to you if you can pull it off

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:42 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:26 pm Who are the studs you are looking to sell this offseason and what type of value are you seeking in return?

I am looking to move:

Dalvin Cook
Derrick Henry
Amari Cooper

I just feel that all three of the players listed are at their highest value. For Cook and Henry, I am expecting a Sanders/Jacobs caliber type RB plus either an early first or a WR like McLaurin / AJB / Moore. For Cooper, I am going to try and milk out two firsts or a first plus a WR prospect such as Ruggs.

Lastly, I am going to openly shop Christian McCaffrey. I honestly don't believe he will be as elite as he was last season ever again. I know this was an injury ridden year for him, but now still may be the best time to sell as everyone is still a believer. I don't know, though...tough!

Who are you trying to sell?
Good luck with that, AJB is equal or more valuable than those guys. All those hypothetical trade combos are going to be rejected by most people, need to get a little more realistic on your valuations.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:25 pm

x3 with the above.

Jacobs is one thing but I'd only be adding a much smaller prospect like a Landry type.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:32 pm

I'm just talking hypotheticals here and referencing players of certain tiers if ya'll catch my drift!
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Well those tiers are a bit optimistic. I don't even think many owners will give you Jacobs or Sanders for Henry straight up. This sounds like a team advice thread

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:43 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:32 pm I'm just talking hypotheticals here and referencing players of certain tiers if ya'll catch my drift!
But when you lead with that and plant that seed in people's heads, then it changes the outcome of the conversation entirely. Yes, I would trade Cook for those things you mentioned. No, I wouldn't trade AJB for Cook straight up.

Am I willing to trade away Cook? Yes. Am I actively seeking to, no. I will trade him away if I think the trade helps my team win next year. I'm all about next year. I thought I had a good enough team to win this year but it just didn't happen for me.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:43 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:35 pm Well those tiers are a bit optimistic. I don't even think many owners will give you Jacobs or Sanders for Henry straight up. This sounds like a team advice thread
Yup, I'm not giving up a 3rd year RB1 for a 6th year RB that is going to be coming off a 400 touch season (he's at 363 right now with another game and playoffs still to come), history is not kind to RBs coming off that level of workload in a single season.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Rankings are based on FantasyPros' ECR aggregate dynasty ranking. Here are a few guys I'd be willing to move at current value.

CMC (RB1) -- If you can get the monster haul, then I think you do it. There are too many other candidates waiting to come and take that RB1 crown.

Michael Thomas (WR6) -- I don't think this is controversial.

Justin Jefferson (WR7) -- This one probably *is* controversial. Not *looking* to sell, but if someone wants to pay top 7 WR value for him, I'd take it. He could sustain. He could also get stuck in a complete quagmire in Minny. [Side note, if I had the time and the access, I'd love to look at December/January rankings for WRs, and see what happens to fast rising rookie/soph WRs two years down the road. Maybe I've been too badly burned by OBJ/Godwin, but it felt like we worked really hard to push them way up in the rankings in their respective breakout years and then actually football circumstances pushed them right back down].

Aaron Jones (RB10) -- Too much FA risk; I haven't dug in yet, but I think history is not kind to big name RBs who leave for a pay day and I don't see him staying.

Austin Ekeler (RB15) -- Maybe this is too far down the list to be considered a stud, but I would bet he will never be ranked this high again.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Kamara
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:31 pm

I'll be looking to potentially move Hopkins, Jones, and Evans.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:35 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:31 pm I'll be looking to potentially move Hopkins, Jones, and Evans.
Evans? Surprised to see that. I think a ready off-season with Brady will clean up their inefficiency.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:40 pm

So....now what do we do with Diggs? It seems that he can be a WR1 for years to come with Allen under the gun. On the other hand, will his value ever peak more than this?
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:41 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:58 pm Kamara
He was my call last offseason and now I look pretty stupid. Honestly, I think sometimes we're in too big of a rush to sell studs, because we care more about looking smart instead of winning leagues.

At some point, I don't care about my players trade value that much as long as I'm contending.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:41 pm

Due to my team make up I am going to try to move R Wilson (1 QB league and I have Josh Allen), and A Cooper and Lockett since I have a lot of depth at WR (Diggs, higgins, Juju, J Jefferson, Aiyuk, Claypool) I will likely need to sell some of these for 80 cents on the dollar but I need to consolidate.