WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Re: WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:48 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:15 am That was easily Jeudy's worst game of the season and really the only game where you can't look at Lock for the primary reason for underwhelming.

As I said in the Diontae Johnson thread, I'll gladly buy players if you're discounting them because of drops.
Wrong.

He's had several games where he was his own worst enemy.

Also we're discounting him because he sucks at football.

I sold him for Ruggs, which was stupid, but only because I should have got Higgins or Aiyuk instead. The Claypool owner wasn't having it.

He's trash.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:55 am

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:48 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:15 am That was easily Jeudy's worst game of the season and really the only game where you can't look at Lock for the primary reason for underwhelming.

As I said in the Diontae Johnson thread, I'll gladly buy players if you're discounting them because of drops.
Wrong.

I sold him for Ruggs, which was stupid, but only because I should have got Higgins or Aiyuk instead. The Claypool owner wasn't having it.

He's trash.
Well that settles that. Who needs objective information anymore.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:06 am

Wrong.

He's trash.
It is always fun to see such strong bias come out on these forums. A few weeks ago these same sentiments were thrown around about JT and Akers. Oh how quickly things change in the NFL and how wrong so many opinions are so frequently.

Good chance hes not the top 10 WR we expected, but with his capital there's a good chance hes given every opportunity to improve and succeed for several years to come.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:14 am

CGW wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:06 am

Wrong.

He's trash.
It is always fun to see such strong bias come out on these forums. A few weeks ago these same sentiments were thrown around about JT and Akers. Oh how quickly things change in the NFL and how wrong so many opinions are so frequently.

Good chance hes not the top 10 WR we expected, but with his capital there's a good chance hes given every opportunity to improve and succeed for several years to come.
People pick and choose the players you need to wait for improvement for. It's amusing.

Jeudy was deemed a very pro ready WR, so it is surprising to see him have a game like yesterday and have ups and downs this season, but it would be weird to put a tombstone on his career after one season.

GWA87
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby GWA87 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:23 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:14 am
CGW wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:06 am

Wrong.

He's trash.

People pick and choose the players you need to wait for improvement for. It's amusing.

Jeudy was deemed a very pro ready WR, so it is surprising to see him have a game like yesterday and have ups and downs this season, but it would be weird to put a tombstone on his career after one season.
Could be a good buy low candidate, if the Jeudy owner is frustrated.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:32 am

I really think this was one of Jeudy's better games. Got open and literally could've won the damn game if he didn't alligator arm every reception (dropped TD reception, dropped bomb that would've gone for an 60+ yard TD, dropped bomb to get them into field goal range on the final drive).

Way too much talent to say he's trash. He needs to grow up and realize he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is and rededicate himself to improving his catching technique and body control. Perhaps this is the humbling experience he needed and I agree with Fangio that this is a possible career turning point for him. He can either man up, recognize his weakness and attack to strengthen it this off-season or continue to blame everyone else but himself and have a middling WR3 career.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:10 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:32 am I really think this was one of Jeudy's better games. Got open and literally could've won the damn game if he didn't alligator arm every reception (dropped TD reception, dropped bomb that would've gone for an 60+ yard TD, dropped bomb to get them into field goal range on the final drive).

Way too much talent to say he's trash. He needs to grow up and realize he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is and rededicate himself to improving his catching technique and body control. Perhaps this is the humbling experience he needed and I agree with Fangio that this is a possible career turning point for him. He can either man up, recognize his weakness and attack to strengthen it this off-season or continue to blame everyone else but himself and have a middling WR3 career.
The good news for you Jeudy owners is that hands can be improved. He still has a lot of natural talent, you can't really teach speed and quickness
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Jerry Rice struggled with drops his 1st year in the league. No I'm not comparing the 2 in that way just saying alligator arms can be fixed.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:31 pm

burntfire wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:03 pm Jerry Rice struggled with drops his 1st year in the league. No I'm not comparing the 2 in that way just saying alligator arms can be fixed.
I would say there is a difference between poor catch technique drops and focus drops. It's a lot like route running, some guys can fix it but most only see marginal gains throughout their career. Let's hope Jeudy is the former because he's way too much fun to watch on film.

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:54 pm

What’s a price that you’d buy jeudy ? What’s claypool’s value?
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:16 pm

Meretc01 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:54 pm What’s a price that you’d buy jeudy ? What’s claypool’s value?
Probably mid to late 1st for both--personal preference could obviously swing both values up to a mid 1st or down to an early 2nd but that would be the median value IMO

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:02 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:16 pm
Meretc01 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:54 pm What’s a price that you’d buy jeudy ? What’s claypool’s value?
Probably mid to late 1st for both--personal preference could obviously swing both values up to a mid 1st or down to an early 2nd but that would be the median value IMO
At this point I'd rather have Chase, Rondale, Devonta, Bateman ahead of him. He's right before the Waddle tier for me.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:24 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:02 pm
At this point I'd rather have Chase, Rondale, Devonta, Bateman ahead of him. He's right before the Waddle tier for me.
Agree except Rondale--so probably 1.7-1.10 depending on QB settings

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:00 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:24 pm

What do you have against Rondale? :think:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:00 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:24 pm

What do you have against Rondale? :think:
He is tiny. I can’t think of many players that small who became consistent fantasy options and his durability concerns have already shown

I still love his skillset but even Tyler Lockett is a bit bigger and didn’t have the injury history

I’d take the three you listed above him for now and maybe Waddle as well. Still would be happy with him i the late 1st but it’s a risky pick

In general too I just don’t like investing high in speed type WRs