2021 Rookie Tiers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: 2021 Rookie Tiers

Postby CGW » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:12 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 pm
blemly wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:04 pm In SF, there is a clear T5 to me making up the first tier: Lawrence, Fields, Harris, Etienne, and Chase.
In SF Lawrence is tier 1 by himself.
Yep. Lawrence in T1. It might then skip T2 as no1 is very close to Lawrence. You can then lump the other 4 in T3 together.

Despite the little hype beginning to roll, I'm not super excited about this class beyond QB and chase/smith. Hopefully the combine and draft change that for me. I normally dont dig into the WR until later, but the RBs are not impressing me much in comparison to 2020(nothing but eye test to back it up). Landing spot is really going to matter.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:33 am

CGW wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:12 am
blemly wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:04 pm In SF, there is a clear T5 to me making up the first tier: Lawrence, Fields, Harris, Etienne, and Chase.
Yep. Lawrence in T1. It might then skip T2 as no1 is very close to Lawrence. You can then lump the other 4 in T3 together.

Despite the little hype beginning to roll, I'm not super excited about this class beyond QB and chase/smith. Hopefully the combine and draft change that for me. I normally dont dig into the WR until later, but the RBs are not impressing me much in comparison to 2020(nothing but eye test to back it up). Landing spot is really going to matter.
Its funny you say that, the more I see of this RB class the more excited I get lol. I think its incredibly underrated (only the eye test for me as well)

I think if we had a normal season there would be a lot more hype surrounding the RB's
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:36 am

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:33 am

Its funny you say that, the more I see of this RB class the more excited I get lol. I think its incredibly underrated (only the eye test for me as well)

I think if we had a normal season there would be a lot more hype surrounding the RB's
It could have a lot to do with the strange season, I just dont see the dynamic players I did last year out of Taylor, Dobbins, and Swift. Again, maybe the combine and landing spot will change that for me.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:38 am

CGW wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:36 am
ThunderTung wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:33 am

It could have a lot to do with the strange season, I just dont see the dynamic players I did last year out of Taylor, Dobbins, and Swift. Again, maybe the combine and landing spot will change that for me.
oh yea im not gonna argue against that, last years class was incredible. I just think there will be some solid value in the middle-late first, interesting how different people see things when looking at the same thing though lol
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:45 am

ThunderTung wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:37 pm Najee scares me a bit. Hoping he has more of a Henry start to his career so I can get him for cheap later on lol
What about him scares you?
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:58 am

Hankybro21 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:45 am
ThunderTung wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:37 pm Najee scares me a bit. Hoping he has more of a Henry start to his career so I can get him for cheap later on lol
I don't see the explosiveness. He's got great contact balance, and vision but he just doesn't wow me.

Really interested to see what he runs at the combine because he just looks so sluggish to me. But its mostly a gut feeling tbh...and I always trust my gut
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:38 am

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:58 am
I don't see the explosiveness. He's got great contact balance, and vision but he just doesn't wow me.

Really interested to see what he runs at the combine because he just looks so sluggish to me. But its mostly a gut feeling tbh...and I always trust my gut
It sounds like he's expected to run a sub 4.5 40. If that happens, he's going to be the consensus 1.01 in non superflex.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:44 am

briank wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:38 am

It sounds like he's expected to run a sub 4.5 40. If that happens, he's going to be the consensus 1.01 in non superflex.
Pre-draft, maybe. Situation between Harris, Etienne and maybe Chase will determine 1.01.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:52 am

I don't think he has elite burst or top end speed to run away from defenders. That's where I think the Henry comparisons are lazy, as I don't see him going off for 90 yard runs. To me, he has very good vision and ability to pick through traffic, very good lower body strength and very good catching ability, especially outside of his frame. He's a better version of James Robinson. I think Etienne probably has the higher upside as an athlete but Najee just seems to be rock solid in so many areas that I can see him being super consistent and translating to NFL play very quickly. He'll be a top end RB2 and that has a lot of value.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:09 am

Might be his running style though...he seems to kind of hop and skip through the holes...has patience and then kicks it into gear. He’s definitely a 3 down back too...would draft him 1.1 right now I think.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:37 am

hoos89 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:44 am
briank wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:38 am

Pre-draft, maybe. Situation between Harris, Etienne and maybe Chase will determine 1.01.
Excellent point. I just expect him to be the first off the board in the NFL draft to a good situation if he runs sub 4.5.
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

RB Harris/Etienne
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:01 am

failblazer wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:52 am

I don't think he has elite burst or top end speed to run away from defenders. That's where I think the Henry comparisons are lazy, as I don't see him going off for 90 yard runs. To me, he has very good vision and ability to pick through traffic, very good lower body strength and very good catching ability, especially outside of his frame. He's a better version of James Robinson. I think Etienne probably has the higher upside as an athlete but Najee just seems to be rock solid in so many areas that I can see him being super consistent and translating to NFL play very quickly. He'll be a top end RB2 and that has a lot of value.
I agree that the Henry comp is lazy, but Najee does things Henry doesn't. He makes people miss like Henry can't. I'm not sure if he has the same top end speed, but I'm not seeing him get caught from behind. Like I mentioned above, he is expected to run sub 4.5. I don't think he'll have a problem running away from defenders like he did at the end of this highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6AZ4nT6vA

He's also a much bigger threat as a receiver. I'm no expert, but I'm impressed by watching him. He seems like he can do it all.
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

RB Harris/Etienne
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 am

I have a weird feeling we’re going to see Hubbard blow the roof off the combine and he’ll wedge himself in with Javonte Williams as either Tier 2 or the four all land in good spots. I need to watch more tape, Williams tape legitimately pops to me in a huge way. If a team gives him day 2 capital (more importantly round 2) I feel good with him if I need a rb.

I’m in an interesting spot. I have 1.04, I know Lawrence is going 1.01 but Fields will not go 2 or 3. I have Dak and Burrow so I’m not interested in Fields there, it’s a 10 team 2 QB league but I also have 13 and 17.

I’d much rather get a rb at 4 than take chase but it’s likely Harris and Etienne leave. That means I might need to determine if Williams is worth taking over chase. I could then go to a tier 2/3 wr at 13 or a tier 2 QB if one falls. I think like most leagues you just can’t get an rb if you don’t have a top 5 pick.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

wheath.sharp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby wheath.sharp » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm

Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 am I have a weird feeling we’re going to see Hubbard blow the roof off the combine and he’ll wedge himself in with Javonte Williams as either Tier 2 or the four all land in good spots. I need to watch more tape, Williams tape legitimately pops to me in a huge way. If a team gives him day 2 capital (more importantly round 2) I feel good with him if I need a rb.

I’m in an interesting spot. I have 1.04, I know Lawrence is going 1.01 but Fields will not go 2 or 3. I have Dak and Burrow so I’m not interested in Fields there, it’s a 10 team 2 QB league but I also have 13 and 17.

I’d much rather get a rb at 4 than take chase but it’s likely Harris and Etienne leave. That means I might need to determine if Williams is worth taking over chase. I could then go to a tier 2/3 wr at 13 or a tier 2 QB if one falls. I think like most leagues you just can’t get an rb if you don’t have a top 5 pick.
I'm in the same boat. Team 1 in sig - I have the 1.03 in a 1QB and am grappling with whether I can pass up Chase for Javonte. Obviously a lot still to play out with the combine/draft but would be curious to see what you end up deciding to do.
Team 1; 2017, 2018 Champs
12 Team 0.5 PPR
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-F-F-TE

QB-Herbert, Wentz
RB-Taylor, Dobbins, Edmonds, D. Williams, T. Williams, Hines, Penny, G. Edwards, J. Jackson, R. Freeman, Wilkins,
WR-Metcalf, JuJu, Chark, Gallup, Reagor, Mims, Peoples-Jones, T. Johnson, C. Johnson, Coutee
TE-Gesicki, Jonnu

2021 Picks-1.03, 2.03, 2.11, 2.14, 3.03, 3.08, 3.13, 4.03

Team 2
12 Team 2QB TEp PPR
QB-QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-F-F

QB-Watson, Tannehill, K. Allen
RB-Hines, Vaughn, D. Williams, Mack, Burkhead, Guice, J. Hill, T. Williams, Hyde
WR-AJB, JuJu, Mims, Gallup, Campbell, T. Johnson, Bowden, Tate, Hurd, Merritt
TE-L. Thomas, OJ Howard, Oliver, Firkser, H. Bryant

2021 Picks-1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.08, 2.02, 2.06, 3.03, 3.07, 4.10

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:21 pm

wheath.sharp wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm
Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 am I have a weird feeling we’re going to see Hubbard blow the roof off the combine and he’ll wedge himself in with Javonte Williams as either Tier 2 or the four all land in good spots. I need to watch more tape, Williams tape legitimately pops to me in a huge way. If a team gives him day 2 capital (more importantly round 2) I feel good with him if I need a rb.

I'm in the same boat. Team 1 in sig - I have the 1.03 in a 1QB and am grappling with whether I can pass up Chase for Javonte. Obviously a lot still to play out with the combine/draft but would be curious to see what you end up deciding to do.
My team is as follows rn:

Start 2 QB: Dak, Burrow, Fitz, Rivers, Mariota
Start 2 RB: CEH, Swift, McKinnon, DeeJay Dalla
Start 3 WR: MT, Chark, Jeudy, Claypool, B Edwards, Hollywood; AB, Higgins, Cephus, Collin Johnson, Tyler Johnson
Start 1 TE: Kittle, Tonyan
2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

So long story short I am THIN at RB. I think I’ll need to go RB, so I really hope someone sneaks in with Etienne, Harris. Harris looks like he’s legit, Etienne outcomes look more varied to me. As you said we gotta see how it shakes out but I’ll be hard pressed to take Chase unless those other rbs go round 3 late.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst