Complete teardown and rebuild

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Complete teardown and rebuild

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:25 pm

Yes...it’s ugly. Yes...you may have to google some of these names. Yes...it’s a complete rebuild.

Quick backstory...I considered myself a strong contender prior to the season. Made a bunch of win-now moves including moving my own picks. Realized very quickly that this was not going to be my season, so I made some moves to get my picks back, and then blew it up big time in an attempt to lose out and secure that 1.01 and get Trevor. Mission success. Not all of my trades were wins. Hell, some might even be considered losses. But hopefully they help my team in the long run.

16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP

COMPLETE TEARDOWN AND REBUILD

QB - Jalen Hurts, Garrett Gilbert, Josh Dobbs, Steven Montez, Logan Woodside, Trace McSorley
RB - Samaje Perine, Rodney Smith, LeVante Bellamy, Raymond Calais, Trent Cannon, Jason Huntley, Scottie Phillips, Darwin Thompson, Austin Walter
WR - DK Metcalf, Odell Beckham Jr, Jalen Guyton, Quez Watkins, Tyron Johnson, Isaiah Wright, Jamal Agnew (WR/CB), Josh Malone, Riley Ridley, Vyncint Smith, Miles Boykin, Desean Jackson, James Proche
TE - Durham Smythe, Dalton Keene, Jared Pinkney

2021 - 1.01, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, late 1st TBD, 2.01, 2.03, 3.01, 3.08, late 3rd TBD, late 4th TBD, 5.01, 5.03, late 5th TBD, 7.01, 7.03, late 7th TBD
2022 - 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7

Thoughts on what I should do here. Clearly taking Lawrence at 1.01 unless I get a massive overpay. And I mean massive. I have holes everywhere, so I’ll look to go BPA with my picks. Criticize my roster. It’s rough. But this is my first complete teardown. Building around Metcalf. Will move OBJ when healthy...will take anything for DJax.
Last edited by slaughterrt on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Complete teardown and rebuild

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:30 pm

BPA across the board and as you mentioned, shop Beckham and Jackson. Buckle up for a few years. Hopefully Hurts continues to be a player for years to come.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:36 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:30 pm BPA across the board and as you mentioned, shop Beckham and Jackson. Buckle up for a few years. Hopefully Hurts continues to be a player for years to come.
Definitely hoping Hurts keeps on going. I’ve already gotten offers of a late 1st for him, but I would rather hold and see what happens. And I’m absolutely ready to ride this out for a few years. This is one of my older running leagues and it’s very active (in the chat and with trades). I’m hyped about this rebuild.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:33 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:36 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:30 pm BPA across the board and as you mentioned, shop Beckham and Jackson. Buckle up for a few years. Hopefully Hurts continues to be a player for years to come.
Definitely hoping Hurts keeps on going. I’ve already gotten offers of a late 1st for him, but I would rather hold and see what happens. And I’m absolutely ready to ride this out for a few years. This is one of my older running leagues and it’s very active (in the chat and with trades). I’m hyped about this rebuild.
Definitely worth the hold in my opinion too. Enjoy the rebuild!

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 pm

You definitely hold Hurts over a late 1st in a 2 QB format. 100%.

Next year should be a really good class for you to build around. I would go Trevor at 1.01 and then look at Pitts and the WRs at 1.06. In my experience, it's not worth investing in RBs when you have a lengthy rebuild ahead. Make RBs the final piece of the puzzle.

Would love to see you unload OBJ for a 1st in 2021 or a 1st/2nd in 2022.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, James Conner, Raheem Mostert
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Trey Benson FSU, RB Will Shipley Clemson
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.03, 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.13

polk_high_allstar
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby polk_high_allstar » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:55 am

Think you're on the right path. Sell anything you have of value and build around Metcalf and your 2021 picks. I'm not a Hurts guy so if you are able to get a 2021 1st for him I would make that move. Crop of rookies have a much higher ceiling then what he has.
Madden Cruisers (10 Team)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLEX, K, 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB(1 IR)

QB - J. Garoppolo, J. Winston
RB - S. Barkley, J. Mixon, R. Penny, M. Sanders, D. Foreman, C. Hyde, G. Bernard
WR - A. Cooper, C. Kupp, C. Davis, C. Godwin, D. Metcalf, D. Westbrook, K. Stills, D.Parker, D. Moncrief
TE - D. Njoku
DL -J. Watt, C. Dunlap, E. Griffen
LB - L. Kuechly, B. Wagner, T. Edmunds
DB - H. Clinton-Dix, D. Kazee
K - M. Crosby

Madden Cruisers (12 Team)
QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SFLEX, FLEX, DT, DE, 2 LB, CB, S, 2 FLEX

https://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2018/ ... =0005&O=07

MNFinFan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MNFinFan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Definitely sell Beckham and Jackson. You should have done that at the beginning of the season.

Id just make sure you get Pitts somewhere as you need a TE big time.

The rest, like you said, BPA.
12 Team Super Flex 1.0PPR - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2F,1SF

QB: Tua, Treavor Lawrence, Trey Lance, Jalen Hurts,

RB: D'Andre Swift, Leonard Fournette, Miles Gaskin, Chubba Hubbard, Gio Bernard, Jeremy McNichols, James White, Ty Montgomery, Sony Michel

WR: Jamaar Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Chase Claypool, Laviska Shenault, Brandon Aiyuk, Mecole Hardman, Jacoby Meyers, Preston Williams, Albert Wilson, Tyrell Williams, Trinity Benson, Kalif Raymond, Dante Pettis

TE: Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, Ross Dwelley

Taxi: Freddie Swain, Quez Watkins, Josia Deguara, Rodney Smith, Malcolm Perry, Isiah Wright, Hunter Long, Niko Collins, Ian Book, Demetric Felton, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

2022: 1st & 2nd
2023: 1st through 4th
2024: 1st through 5th

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Realistically I would take Lawrence, try and move Hurts for a top 3 draft pick if he continues to put up numbers and explore trade downs with the rest of your picks come draft day. No matter how well you draft, there is a natural bust rate to rookie prospects so the bets thing that you can do is draft in volume. So trade down if you can, get extra 2nds, extra 2022 and even 2023 1sts and 2nds. At 1.06, 1.07 and maybe even 1.09 there might well be QBs or RBs there that you can entice people into paying up for. Beyond that, know that this isn't going to be a quick fix, you'll likely be in the conversation for the 1.01 again next year and that's okay. Rebuilding can be a ton of fun so good luck in the offseason.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:46 pm

This is a deep league which means depth likely wins out over any Single player. I agree I wouldn’t be likely to move 1.01 here unless you get a huge haul that includes another qb but other picks I’d be actively willing to trade down with in this deep class or trade for another pick and future picks (even with next years class supposedly not as good)

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:49 pm

I may be in the minority here but I would move DK for a massive package to shore up your team. You should be able to get some really nice assets.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Seems like a solid rebuild start. Only thing I would say is if the obvious pick is a RB make sure everyone knows you will take him unless someone pays a little to jump up for him. getting a 3rd to drop from 1.06 to 1.10 isn't a bad deal. I would also be looking to offer a 21 1st for a 22 1st and 21 2nd etc. Spreading some of those picks over a couple years gives you more time to evaluate before having to cut potential.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:29 pm

Rather than repeating what's been said, other thoughts-
1- No way would I use a high pick on a TE. They tend to take a while to hit, if they ever do. That tends to insulate their value but also limits your ability to flip for profit. Who would you rather have after 8 weeks of their rookie year, Justin Jefferson or OJ Howard?
2- In a 2 QB league, no way I'd sell Hurts for a late 1st.
3- I'd consider selling those mid 1sts. Maybe in a package to move up to early 1st and getting extra value. Maybe selling one to move back, like 1.7+2022 2nd for 1.14+2022 1st.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:07 pm

I like the idea of selling those mid 1sts OTC. With so many good QBs in this draft, they should both be worth quite a bit or will at the very least net you two more quality prospects. I like the idea of possibly selling later picks, but I’d try to “pay it forward” by looking for a 2022 1st when your 2nds are OTC. Never underestimate the potential of rookie fever in the moment.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:25 pm

Lawrence at 1.01. This is a must.

I would look to sell your mid 1sts right before or on draft day if good offers present themselves. If you can get a high upside WR like claypool plus a pick, jump on it. I'd avoid trading for RB now unless it's purely to flip.

Focus on QB and WR first. Lawrence and DK is a beautiful start...now just hit on some of these picks!