Off- season guidance

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TNTom
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Off- season guidance

Postby TNTom » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Team is in Sig:
This was my second season in dynasty, so I need some help before I do something drastic. Lost in Semis after being 2nd place in regular season. May be overreacting but this is the 2nd year in a row that Russell Wilson has faded the 2nd half of the season. Do I start looking for a trade or think about drafting Trevor Lawrence at 1.03? I know I probably shouldn't because it's a single QB league tho.

Also, do I try to trade for a DK Metcalf/Tyreek/top WR type or stand pat? Right now I'm thinking I'll likely be taking Ja'marr Chase at 1.03 as long a he goes to a good spot. I don't see Etienne or Harris falling.

Or am I just overreacting to a disappointing semifinal loss and should pretty much stand pat? I'll have to make a couple moves to open space for taking Sutton off IR and Dobbins and Hardman coming out of the taxi squad.
10 Team Half PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/2 FLEX
QB- R Wilson, D Lock, Big Ben, Taysom Hill
RB- Kamara, A Jones, CEH, J. Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, D. Henderson, Le'veon Bell, Gus Edwards, Perine
WR- Keenan Allen, Godwin, Deontae Johnson, Moore, OBJ, Courtland Sutton, Hardman, Shenault, Mims, Cephus
TE- Waller, Gesicki, Hurst
2021 1.03, late 1st, late 5th
2022 4th and 5th

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Off- season guidance

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:16 pm

I think your team is in great shape moving forward and could easily see you making a run next year. I can understand the disappointment of losing, but you are in great shape and winning a title is very difficult. I would get a price check on a top end WR and reevaluate from there, but I also would not force anything. I would go BPA at the 1.03 and I think Wilson is a great QB asset, so I would not force anything with Lawrence either. Let the dust and disappointment settle a bit!

TNTom
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TNTom » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:24 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:16 pm I think your team is in great shape moving forward and could easily see you making a run next year. I can understand the disappointment of losing, but you are in great shape and winning a title is very difficult. I would get a price check on a top end WR and reevaluate from there, but I also would not force anything. I would go BPA at the 1.03 and I think Wilson is a great QB asset, so I would not force anything with Lawrence either. Let the dust and disappointment settle a bit!
Thank you. Who should I be willing to sell for a top WR? I tried to do a two WR for one stud WR earlier this year and he wanted a stud RB in return instead. He has both Tyreek and DK and needs RBs.
RB- Kamara, A Jones, CEH, J. Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, D. Henderson, Le'veon Bell, Gus Edwards, Perine
WR- Keenan Allen, Godwin, Deontae Johnson, Moore, OBJ, Courtland Sutton, Hardman, Shenault, Mims, Cephus
2022 4th and 5th

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:54 pm

TNTom wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:24 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:16 pm I think your team is in great shape moving forward and could easily see you making a run next year. I can understand the disappointment of losing, but you are in great shape and winning a title is very difficult. I would get a price check on a top end WR and reevaluate from there, but I also would not force anything. I would go BPA at the 1.03 and I think Wilson is a great QB asset, so I would not force anything with Lawrence either. Let the dust and disappointment settle a bit!
Thank you. Who should I be willing to sell for a top WR? I tried to do a two WR for one stud WR earlier this year and he wanted a stud RB in return instead. He has both Tyreek and DK and needs RBs.
Any of your top six RB's will be intriguing in my opinion. Your rookie RB's will likely all gain a ton of value and hype throughout the offseason and young RB's are worth a ton. I always like to ask for the price on a player vs send offers, but that is just me. That allows me to know if it's even worth trying to get a deal done.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:43 pm

I’d be willing to move any rb outside of Kamara and JT plus any 1 wr for DK
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Nflnz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Nflnz » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:10 am

Is the other first you have yours? So its 1.07 or 1.08 in a 10 team league? You could grab a QB here and Lawrence could still be there.

I’d say you are correct and will get the best WR at 1.03 - a good move for your team or use that to make a play at a top WR. If you could get Metcalf using this as a piece for the trade do it. It’s a 10 team league so you need studs. I’d offer 1.03, OBJ, Henderson - something like that and just get your stud
Team1
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex R/W/T
QB: Dak, Stafford, Tannehill, Levis
RB: Taylor, Mixon, Etienne, Hall, White
WR: Chase, Lamb, Puka, M Williams, JSN, Juju, R Moore
TE: Kelce, Hock, Mcbride
2024 1st, 2ndx2, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Team 2.
12 Team SF TE Prem
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4flex R/W/T, 1 SFlex Q/R/W/T
QB: A Rich, R Wilson, Geno, Zappe
RB: Roschon, Millar, Dobbins, Rivers
WR: London, Addison, Tank, M Wilson, Mingo, Tillman, Perry, Heath
TE: Kincaid, McBride, Gray
2024 1stx2, 2ndx2, 3rdx2, 4th, 5th

Team 3
12 Team SF TE Prem
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2flex R/W/T, 1 SFlex Q/R/W/T
QB: Hurts, Lawrence, Jimmy G, Young
RB: Etienne, Walker, CMC, Gainwell, Mattison, Gibson
WR: Higgins, Adams, London, Cooks, Hodgins, Landry, Doubs, Mims
TE: McBride, Okonkwo, Trautman, Bellinger
2024 1st, 2nd x2, 3rd x2, 4th, 5th

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:50 am

Definitely don’t reach on Lawrence at 1.03. Agree with the above poster that you should be able to get him with your late 1st if you really want to.

I like the idea of using your RB depth to go after DK. Maybe try Jones plus Hardman or OBJ?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

polk_high_allstar
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby polk_high_allstar » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:42 am

Flipping your roster depth for a stud would be a real good move in a 10 team league. Always guys on the waiver wire to pickup up and make work on bye weeks and when injuries come up. You may have to do a fairly large overpay for the guys your targeting though.

Ended up doing a Kupp, 2021 1st and 2022 1st for Hopkins in my 10 team and even though it was most likely an overpay I was super happy about it.
Madden Cruisers (10 Team)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLEX, K, 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB(1 IR)

QB - J. Garoppolo, J. Winston
RB - S. Barkley, J. Mixon, R. Penny, M. Sanders, D. Foreman, C. Hyde, G. Bernard
WR - A. Cooper, C. Kupp, C. Davis, C. Godwin, D. Metcalf, D. Westbrook, K. Stills, D.Parker, D. Moncrief
TE - D. Njoku
DL -J. Watt, C. Dunlap, E. Griffen
LB - L. Kuechly, B. Wagner, T. Edmunds
DB - H. Clinton-Dix, D. Kazee
K - M. Crosby

Madden Cruisers (12 Team)
QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SFLEX, FLEX, DT, DE, 2 LB, CB, S, 2 FLEX

https://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2018/ ... =0005&O=07

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:40 am

polk_high_allstar wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:42 am Flipping your roster depth for a stud would be a real good move in a 10 team league. Always guys on the waiver wire to pickup up and make work on bye weeks and when injuries come up. You may have to do a fairly large overpay for the guys your targeting though.

Ended up doing a Kupp, 2021 1st and 2022 1st for Hopkins in my 10 team and even though it was most likely an overpay I was super happy about it.
Looking for a couple two for ones where you upgrade to a stud with each is the way to go. You have 11+ starters each week for only 6 non-QB lineup positions. Using an older RB like Jones to upgrade to a young stud like Metcalf is a good start. You have the depth to target specific players. I’d make a play for Barkley with your depth, as you have the ammo to win while he gets right again. And if one of those teams has a younger stud QB that you could pry away in the deal, that would be a bonus throw-in. J. Allen, K. Murray, and L. Jackson add value with their legs. I’d consider D. Watson and Dak in there as well. No sense spending 1.03 on a rookie QB, but don’t forget that pick in trade negotiations either. Two 1sts will look mighty good to your leaguemates come draft time.

PS including a WR with Akers for J. Jefferson isn’t a bad call (from other thread)
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:51 am

I am with the crowd trading Jones. I would say get Hill and he can pick any back he likes and handcuff if applicable. Your roster Kamara for Hill is not a bad trade and neither is CEH/Bell for Hill. I doubt that flies but it sets a tone when you back off to DK for Jones. The cascade of landing a new WR1 and cashing out on some WR depth is nice as well. An late 1 or early 2 lets you have a shot at a Prime QB in the draft as well without reaching. This addresses your concerns in that area.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

TNTom
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TNTom » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:07 am

Thanks guys! I was just offered Jefferson for CEH. How high are you guys on Jefferson?

Also, I know there's at least one probably 2 guys before me at 1.07 that have a huge need at QB age likely plan on drafting one.
2022 4th and 5th

Nflnz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Nflnz » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:28 am

TNTom wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:07 am Thanks guys! I was just offered Jefferson for CEH. How high are you guys on Jefferson?

Also, I know there's at least one probably 2 guys before me at 1.07 that have a huge need at QB age likely plan on drafting one.
I have Jefferson over CEH but I’d try and squeeze abit more from the other side. Try a 2nd, you give a 4th
Team1
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex R/W/T
QB: Dak, Stafford, Tannehill, Levis
RB: Taylor, Mixon, Etienne, Hall, White
WR: Chase, Lamb, Puka, M Williams, JSN, Juju, R Moore
TE: Kelce, Hock, Mcbride
2024 1st, 2ndx2, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Team 2.
12 Team SF TE Prem
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4flex R/W/T, 1 SFlex Q/R/W/T
QB: A Rich, R Wilson, Geno, Zappe
RB: Roschon, Millar, Dobbins, Rivers