Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:30 am

thebadferret wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:37 am Holding #5 and #9 in my main dyn league. Thinking about going Lawrence and Pitts. I'm not really sure with any RB after Etienne and Harris and the WR don't strike me as elite after Chase. I feel like a good QB and TE helps my team more (see sig).

Also what about Amon-Ra St Brown? Did he declare for the 21 draft? If so, where does he rank? (I'm kind of new into dynasty and it's my first rookie draft so excuse me if those answers are obvious)
I’d rank St. Brown at exactly 9. He reminds me of Calvin Ridley and will be at the top of my tier 2 rankings along with Terrace Marshall.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:43 am

I started looking at some guys this weekend and I really like what I saw from Etienne. I wasn't all that sold on him originally but man he runs hard. I don't really get the Kamara comp. I think he's a little thicker and not quite as fluid.

But his cuts look explosive. Guy looks like he always runs at 150% and he has great balance on contact

Little surprised by Harris too. Seems like a less explosive and slower version of Henry.

Gainwell is interesting to me. I think he's really good at the 2nd level, but seems like he's running through 6 lane highways at the line of scrimmage. Wouldn't be surprised to see him switch to WR in the NFL.

Kind of same with Hubbard, but to a lesser extent. I don't think he could switch to WR, but I do think he'll need a good o line to find success.

I liked Williams a lot. I saw a lot of Chubb in him. I think he's right up there with Etienne and Harris

The more I see the more I think this RB class might be a little underrated. Its def not hyped up as last year was. But I think that could create some great value picks. I'll officially say im higher on this RB class than most now.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:41 am

cantguardjake wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:07 pm
Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:04 pm Back to the RBs,

Watched some early tape on Etienne
-fluid hands, shifty but don’t get him confused with Kamara (doesn’t seem to be a tackle breaker anywhere near that level)
-Solid vision, natural running style, doesn’t have that upright tendency I’m seeing more and more from rbs in general
-He’s weighing in 5 10 205, he has a wide range of outcomes depending if he weighs in 5 10 200 or goes as high as 5 10 210 (Very comparable to Dalvin Cook)
-Might be a hybrid back depending on where and how early he goes and how they want to use him (seems more landing spot reliant than I originally believed)

I think his range of outcomes is bigger than I first expected, I still really like him but my early take away is I can see why he went back to school to up his stock

Bonus, for anyone who hasn’t peeped Javonte Williams out of UNC he looks nice
-really strong contact balance
-excellent build, weight and running style (5 10 220)
-good burst playing out of shotgun with excellent speed when getting to the edge (UNC, so maybe this is a product of some less elite talent in the defensive end of the ball)
-solid hands, looks like he could be a bellcow

I easily think Javonte Williams could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he performs well at the combine (I think he does)
Williams is worlds ahead of Najee, I’d imagine he ends up with a top 5 ADP when it’s all said and done.

Kind of underwhelming class, Chase is a machine but not as many interesting second round rookie receivers. Players like Olave, St Brown etc are tiny and their film is pretty average.

No Aiyuk / Mims / Claypool level sleepers for mine.
I meant second or third in the NFL, it was also before his monster game this week. He’s definitely no worse than rb 3 right now in this class and he may rise ahead to your point. I do think you’re dismissing Najee a little fast, most have him as a really good prospect.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Mike11 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:41 am
Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:04 pm Back to the RBs,

Watched some early tape on Etienne
-fluid hands, shifty but don’t get him confused with Kamara (doesn’t seem to be a tackle breaker anywhere near that level)
-Solid vision, natural running style, doesn’t have that upright tendency I’m seeing more and more from rbs in general
-He’s weighing in 5 10 205, he has a wide range of outcomes depending if he weighs in 5 10 200 or goes as high as 5 10 210 (Very comparable to Dalvin Cook)
-Might be a hybrid back depending on where and how early he goes and how they want to use him (seems more landing spot reliant than I originally believed)

I think his range of outcomes is bigger than I first expected, I still really like him but my early take away is I can see why he went back to school to up his stock

Bonus, for anyone who hasn’t peeped Javonte Williams out of UNC he looks nice
-really strong contact balance
-excellent build, weight and running style (5 10 220)
-good burst playing out of shotgun with excellent speed when getting to the edge (UNC, so maybe this is a product of some less elite talent in the defensive end of the ball)
-solid hands, looks like he could be a bellcow

I easily think Javonte Williams could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he performs well at the combine (I think he does)
Williams is worlds ahead of Najee, I’d imagine he ends up with a top 5 ADP when it’s all said and done.

Kind of underwhelming class, Chase is a machine but not as many interesting second round rookie receivers. Players like Olave, St Brown etc are tiny and their film is pretty average.

I meant second or third in the NFL, it was also before his monster game this week. He’s definitely no worse than rb 3 right now in this class and he may rise ahead to your point. I do think you’re dismissing Najee a little fast, most have him as a really good prospect.
Yea I got that you meant NFL draft, I’m just saying that I agree he’s at a minimum a third round prospect and personally rate him higher than Najee (who I didn’t rate last year and was not surprised went back to college).

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:26 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm
Mike11 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:41 am

Yea I got that you meant NFL draft, I’m just saying that I agree he’s at a minimum a third round prospect and personally rate him higher than Najee (who I didn’t rate last year and was not surprised went back to college).
Williams is a guy that I see booming in stock as we get closer to the draft. Kind of have a feeling he might even be the RB that ends up overtaking the previous thought 1.01 (chase) Not really based on anything other than my gut, and the fact that a WR that was a consensus 1.01 usually gets overtaken by an RB lol.

This is all dependent on combine performance and landing spot though, so I guess we'll see
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:42 pm

Don't like flag plant posts this early but I will probably end up with a lot of Zach Wilson shares unless he drops past the first round

RoyalPalmer
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RoyalPalmer » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:10 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:42 pm Don't like flag plant posts this early but I will probably end up with a lot of Zach Wilson shares unless he drops past the first round
Prime player to move to grab if you have a 2-5 pick in the draft (SF) unless there are too many QB needy teams in the way. If Lance ends up in a spot like SF he will jump up my chart too.
12 team, .5PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)
QB: Purdy, Zach Wilson, Hendon Hooker, Aidan O'Connell, Stetson Bennett, Mariota, Trubisky
RB: KeAndre Miller, Tank Bigsby, Jordan Mason, Kevin Harris
WR: Tank Dell, Rashod Bateman, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney, Darnell Mooney, Michael Wilson, DJ Chark, Slayton, Robert Woods, Khalil Shakir
TE LaPorta, Kincaid, J Ferguson

2024 1st (3x)
2024 2nd
2024 3rd
———

QB: Jake Allen, Goff, Darnold, AOC, Jimmy G
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Prince, Jordon Mason, Ingram (AZ)
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Keenan Allen, Drake London, Brandon Aiyuk, Elijah Moore, Marvin Jones, Paris Campbell, Donovon Peoples-Jones
TE: Kincaid, Noah Fant, Likely

2024 2nd
2024 3rd

12 team, .5PPR, TE Premium, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:04 am

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:30 am
thebadferret wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:37 am
Also what about Amon-Ra St Brown? Did he declare for the 21 draft? If so, where does he rank? (I'm kind of new into dynasty and it's my first rookie draft so excuse me if those answers are obvious)
I’d rank St. Brown at exactly 9. He reminds me of Calvin Ridley and will be at the top of my tier 2 rankings along with Terrace Marshall.
I think he can fit in a lot of places but talent wise he's closer to Tyler Johnson than Calvin Ridley. I'd prefer Olave from that archetype. Get one of these guys to SEA, WAS, DET, GB, CIN, HOU though asap

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:44 am

Is it too early to to a mock based on potential landing spots? Is there any scenario where Lawrence comes out and someone goes ahead of him? Granted the Jets is a less than desirable scenario. More due to Adam Gase than anything.

I missed out on Burrow after several trade offers last year. I'm not missing out on Lawrence. I have 1.5 and 1.8 in one league and 1.6 and another 1 (9-12). Thankfully in both the team with 1st overall pick need lots of help so I'm sure I'll start sending trade offers the second Lawrence comes out. Unless... there's a better option.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:54 am

NWABCS wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:44 am Is it too early to to a mock based on potential landing spots? Is there any scenario where Lawrence comes out and someone goes ahead of him? Granted the Jets is a less than desirable scenario. More due to Adam Gase than anything.

I missed out on Burrow after several trade offers last year. I'm not missing out on Lawrence. I have 1.5 and 1.8 in one league and 1.6 and another 1 (9-12). Thankfully in both the team with 1st overall pick need lots of help so I'm sure I'll start sending trade offers the second Lawrence comes out. Unless... there's a better option.
Lawrence is the #1 and the Jets seem like the inevitable landing spot. Gase is 100% gone so that's not an issue. Lawrence could force a trade if he wanted, but that's only positive for his FF outlook (unless he chooses to sit the entire year and re-enter, then you won't get him anyway)

In 1QB, I'm sure the 1.5 or 6 will be plenty high to get him. It's going to be closer than most years though and depends on league as always. This draft doesn't seem to have too many top end talents at other positions so after ETN, Harris, Chase and maybe Pitts, Lawrence is probably in the conversation. At least that's how I'd mock them right now with limited knowledge of the rest

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:15 am

Jets would have to win a game for everything to get interesting. As it stands, he's likely going to the Jets or by a smaller chance...the Jaguars

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:22 am

NWABCS wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:44 am Is it too early to to a mock based on potential landing spots? Is there any scenario where Lawrence comes out and someone goes ahead of him? Granted the Jets is a less than desirable scenario. More due to Adam Gase than anything.

What's the point of Burrow/Lawrence when you have Rodgers and Wilson?

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:15 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:15 am Jets would have to win a game for everything to get interesting. As it stands, he's likely going to the Jets or by a smaller chance...the Jaguars
Don't put it past BB to lose to the jets just to keep Lawrence out of the division lol
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:39 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:22 am

What's the point of Burrow/Lawrence when you have Rodgers and Wilson?
1. Superflex
2. I'm greedy.
3. I WANT HIM!!! :lol:
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Does anyone else feel like there isn’t as many game cut ups to watch this year? Last year there were multiple game cut up of even lower level prospects, whereas this year there is virtually nothing unless they are a “big name”.

Would love some more film on players like Jalen Tolbert etc, highlights aren’t enough.