General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:48 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:04 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:27 am
jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:04 am Although early glances at the 22 class aren't super exciting either. I think I heard or read somewhere that the 22 class looks to be the worst of the the past 5 years or so.
Idk where you are seeing or hearing this, but I think '22 is looking pretty good

QB
Sam Howell
Spencer Rattler

They aren't Lawrence/Fields but look good

RB
Breece Hall
Isaiah Spiller

Both going to be in the running for 1.01, I've seen a lot of people comp Spiller to Zeke

WR
George Pickens
Garrett Wilson
David Bell

All potential NFL 1st round picks, and could make up one of the better WR trios we've seen at the top of the draft in a while.

Too early to say a out overall depth of the class, and exactly how high the guys I mentioned do end up rating, but I think there is good reason to be optimistic about this class over a year out.

2023 though could be an incredible class, especially at RB.
I like the WRs listed and Hall

Really underwhelmed at the QBs
Others will def emerge at QB
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:51 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:48 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Idk where you are seeing or hearing this, but I think '22 is looking pretty good

QB
Sam Howell
Spencer Rattler

RB
Breece Hall
Isaiah Spiller

Both going to be in the running for 1.01, I've seen a lot of people comp Spiller to Zeke

WR
George Pickens
Garrett Wilson
David Bell

All potential NFL 1st round picks, and could make up one of the better WR trios we've seen at the top of the draft in a while.

Too early to say a out overall depth of the class, and exactly how high the guys I mentioned do end up rating, but I think there is good reason to be optimistic about this class over a year out.

I like the WRs listed and Hall

Really underwhelmed at the QBs
Others will def emerge at QB
Dillon. Gabriel.

Kedon Slovis(?)

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:45 pm

Justyn Ross was supposed to find out today if he'll ever be cleared to play again... Wishing the best for the kid

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:53 pm

TD41 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:45 pm Justyn Ross was supposed to find out today if he'll ever be cleared to play again... Wishing the best for the kid
If he is cleared, and doesn't go back to school, he could be a late round dart throw. Super talented and just a really unfortunate situation. I imagine he'll go back to school though
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:04 am Although early glances at the 22 class aren't super exciting either. I think I heard or read somewhere that the 22 class looks to be the worst of the the past 5 years or so.

QB
Sam Howell
Spencer Rattler

RB
Breece Hall
Isaiah Spiller

WR
George Pickens
Garrett Wilson
David Bell

There's still a lot of time left, but 2022 doesn't excite me too much. I do like Pickens and Bell, also John Metchie III from Alabama has a chance to be really good next season. Jalen Wydermyer may be the next TE to watch for.

Footballisacoolsport
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Footballisacoolsport » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:16 am

Well, I'm locked into 1.02 in a 1QB, the owner of the 1.01 is brand new to the league and will probably take Trevor Lawrence. Get me to next year already!

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:24 am

1.01 going QB in one QB? Why?

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Back to the RBs,

Watched some early tape on Etienne
-fluid hands, shifty but don’t get him confused with Kamara (doesn’t seem to be a tackle breaker anywhere near that level)
-Solid vision, natural running style, doesn’t have that upright tendency I’m seeing more and more from rbs in general
-He’s weighing in 5 10 205, he has a wide range of outcomes depending if he weighs in 5 10 200 or goes as high as 5 10 210 (Very comparable to Dalvin Cook)
-Might be a hybrid back depending on where and how early he goes and how they want to use him (seems more landing spot reliant than I originally believed)

I think his range of outcomes is bigger than I first expected, I still really like him but my early take away is I can see why he went back to school to up his stock

Bonus, for anyone who hasn’t peeped Javonte Williams out of UNC he looks nice
-really strong contact balance
-excellent build, weight and running style (5 10 220)
-good burst playing out of shotgun with excellent speed when getting to the edge (UNC, so maybe this is a product of some less elite talent in the defensive end of the ball)
-solid hands, looks like he could be a bellcow

I easily think Javonte Williams could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he performs well at the combine (I think he does)
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Mike11 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:48 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:53 am I'll own the 1.04 pick as well and I'm not too keen on it. There seems to be a top 3 and then after that picks between 4-9 are going to be interchanged a ton. This may be ironed out somewhat with the combine/draft locations, but I don't see it changing much. Somewhat like last year between Ruggs/Reagor/Jefferson muddled mess. Pick your poison.
I agree unless you're in superflex. Superflex looks to be a clear tier of 5 including Lawrence and Fields early on. I think one issue for Harris is going to be the fact that he's 23 as a rookie. He looks really solid and as I've done more research him in a place like Pittsburgh would be massive. Etienne has a wider range of outcomes too. If he weighs in closer to 200 he may be used in a Kamara like roll. If he comes in at 210/215 he'd be more likely to garner more touches. It seems as though those two are the blue chip guys from this class at RB but both seem very complete. Solid hands, good tape, good stats and it might come down to landing spot. Call me ageist but I do like that Etienne is a year younger too.
And then there's me with the 6th pick. I'm completely lost on who I should go for.

It'll be interesting where these guys land.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:01 pm

burntfire wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:55 pm
Mike11 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:48 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:53 am I'll own the 1.04 pick as well and I'm not too keen on it. There seems to be a top 3 and then after that picks between 4-9 are going to be interchanged a ton. This may be ironed out somewhat with the combine/draft locations, but I don't see it changing much. Somewhat like last year between Ruggs/Reagor/Jefferson muddled mess. Pick your poison.
I agree unless you're in superflex. Superflex looks to be a clear tier of 5 including Lawrence and Fields early on. I think one issue for Harris is going to be the fact that he's 23 as a rookie. He looks really solid and as I've done more research him in a place like Pittsburgh would be massive. Etienne has a wider range of outcomes too. If he weighs in closer to 200 he may be used in a Kamara like roll. If he comes in at 210/215 he'd be more likely to garner more touches. It seems as though those two are the blue chip guys from this class at RB but both seem very complete. Solid hands, good tape, good stats and it might come down to landing spot. Call me ageist but I do like that Etienne is a year younger too.
And then there's me with the 6th pick. I'm completely lost on who I should go for.

It'll be interesting where these guys land.
6th pick should still be strong SF:
Lawrence, Fields, J'marr, Etienne, Lance, Wilson + whatever incredibly talented guy that will emerge in the coming months. Rondale Moore, Najee Harris, Devonta Smith, Bateman, Pitts (in TE premium leagues), Trask/Matt Jones, Javonte Williams, etc.

I will usually trade down if I own a top tier pick to mitigate bust risk (obviously not in the case of a Lawrence, Saquon, or Zeke level prospect).

And... I will reiterate my thoughts that I believe the strange situation of this class will create a much higher bust risk than usual.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:01 pm

Ok State RB Chuba Hubbard opted out remainder of the season and entering the draft.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:05 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:01 pm Ok State RB Chuba Hubbard opted out remainder of the season and entering the draft.
just can't imagine this will help his stock. But who knows, maybe they have reason to believe he's thought to be a lot more talented than the fantasy community does.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:14 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:05 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:01 pm Ok State RB Chuba Hubbard opted out remainder of the season and entering the draft.
just can't imagine this will help his stock. But who knows, maybe they have reason to believe he's thought to be a lot more talented than the fantasy community does.
The opt out itself won't affect his draft stock at all. His performance this year will definitely hurt it though, and he should have come out last year even with the strong RB class vs thin one this year.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:07 pm

Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:04 pm Back to the RBs,

Watched some early tape on Etienne
-fluid hands, shifty but don’t get him confused with Kamara (doesn’t seem to be a tackle breaker anywhere near that level)
-Solid vision, natural running style, doesn’t have that upright tendency I’m seeing more and more from rbs in general
-He’s weighing in 5 10 205, he has a wide range of outcomes depending if he weighs in 5 10 200 or goes as high as 5 10 210 (Very comparable to Dalvin Cook)
-Might be a hybrid back depending on where and how early he goes and how they want to use him (seems more landing spot reliant than I originally believed)

I think his range of outcomes is bigger than I first expected, I still really like him but my early take away is I can see why he went back to school to up his stock

Bonus, for anyone who hasn’t peeped Javonte Williams out of UNC he looks nice
-really strong contact balance
-excellent build, weight and running style (5 10 220)
-good burst playing out of shotgun with excellent speed when getting to the edge (UNC, so maybe this is a product of some less elite talent in the defensive end of the ball)
-solid hands, looks like he could be a bellcow

I easily think Javonte Williams could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he performs well at the combine (I think he does)
Williams is worlds ahead of Najee, I’d imagine he ends up with a top 5 ADP when it’s all said and done.

Kind of underwhelming class, Chase is a machine but not as many interesting second round rookie receivers. Players like Olave, St Brown etc are tiny and their film is pretty average.

No Aiyuk / Mims / Claypool level sleepers for mine.

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:37 am

Holding #5 and #9 in my main dyn league. Thinking about going Lawrence and Pitts. I'm not really sure with any RB after Etienne and Harris and the WR don't strike me as elite after Chase. I feel like a good QB and TE helps my team more (see sig).

Also what about Amon-Ra St Brown? Did he declare for the 21 draft? If so, where does he rank? (I'm kind of new into dynasty and it's my first rookie draft so excuse me if those answers are obvious)