The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
GregOfTheDead
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Kyle Pitts

Postby GregOfTheDead » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:12 am

All this historical data makes total sense. I completely get that I’m playing with fire considering him at 1.8 in my rookie draft. But MAN he looks incredible, if there ever was a player to buck the historical trend pitts feels like the guy.

But once again all of your data makes total sense. I feel like that Larry David gif. I’ll probably take him at 1.8 and it will blow up in my face. YOLO

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:22 am

GregOfTheDead wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:12 am All this historical data makes total sense. I completely get that I’m playing with fire considering him at 1.8 in my rookie draft. But MAN he looks incredible, if there ever was a player to buck the historical trend pitts feels like the guy.

But once again all of your data makes total sense. I feel like that Larry David gif. I’ll probably take him at 1.8 and it will blow up in my face. YOLO
1.08 is absolutely worth the risk, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it that far. I'm strongly considering taking him at 1.05 in a 1QB non TE Premium league, and making a move up to 1.02 or 1.03 in a SF 2TE/TE Premium league (I have 1.01 and taking Lawrence) to get him, because I know 1.04 owner is taking him if he makes it that far.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:36 am

GregOfTheDead wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:12 am All this historical data makes total sense. I completely get that I’m playing with fire considering him at 1.8 in my rookie draft. But MAN he looks incredible, if there ever was a player to buck the historical trend pitts feels like the guy.

Hey, if you have a team you feel good about with no concernable flaws, and you're in a position to take a BPA like Pitts at 1.08, then go for it. There's absolutely a ton of upside there. He's one of my favorite prospects in this class, even with my concerns about spending a 1st on a TE traditionally.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:36 am

End of the day you do you. I remember when Tebow came out and a friend asked me much the same questions about reaching for him. I listed all the things that said he would likely not do well and 2.10 was worth the risk/reward but she didn't want to wait. She said wasn't much she wanted and though I encouraged her to at least trade back for an early 2 to mitigate things if it blew up she didn't and grabbed him at 1.10. I didn't even "I told you so" her just consoled her at the next draft. You already decided you are taking him there before you started this thread you just want some people to make you feel better about the choice. All good if he's Gronk 2.0 you are brilliant.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Yarnith wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:36 am End of the day you do you. I remember when Tebow came out and a friend asked me much the same questions about reaching for him. I listed all the things that said he would likely not do well and 2.10 was worth the risk/reward but she didn't want to wait. She said wasn't much she wanted and though I encouraged her to at least trade back for an early 2 to mitigate things if it blew up she didn't and grabbed him at 1.10. I didn't even "I told you so" her just consoled her at the next draft. You already decided you are taking him there before you started this thread you just want some people to make you feel better about the choice. All good if he's Gronk 2.0 you are brilliant.
I get this, but 1.08 is probably about where Pitts ends up going. A weaker RB class, and the top WR's will be gone by then. Taking a shot on the top TE when he looks as good as he does isn't crazy
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:41 pm

I’m strongly considering taking him at 2.2 in a 12 team SF, but there r guys who i must take over him if they r available. Remember what Bruce Lee said, “be like water”. In this case i guess i’m urging people to be fluid in their draft strategy. You got your desires, then u got your needs, but most importantly u may be staring down some exceptional talent in those first 20ish picks (especially in sf) that it would be a shame to reach past...
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 4.2, 4.7
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

1st YEAR START-UP
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - R Freeman - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Diggs - Aiyuk - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore - A Pierce - C Tillman
TE: Kittle - Kincaid

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:54 pm

I think it’s just incredibly hard to evaluate the position in rookie drafts- these guys have to learn to do so much. I’d rather see if I could acquire Noah Fant or Dallas Goedert, the two guys I think could explode with improved QB play, than devote significant assets to a rookie TE.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:54 pm I think it’s just incredibly hard to evaluate the position in rookie drafts- these guys have to learn to do so much. I’d rather see if I could acquire Noah Fant or Dallas Goedert, the two guys I think could explode with improved QB play, than devote significant assets to a rookie TE.
100% although those two would have to be ranked higher than Pitts at this point.

I dont like drafting TEs in the 1st, but depending on the clarity of these draft picks I might be forced to in some TE premium leagues

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:16 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:54 pm I think it’s just incredibly hard to evaluate the position in rookie drafts- these guys have to learn to do so much. I’d rather see if I could acquire Noah Fant or Dallas Goedert, the two guys I think could explode with improved QB play, than devote significant assets to a rookie TE.
100% although those two would have to be ranked higher than Pitts at this point.

I dont like drafting TEs in the 1st, but depending on the clarity of these draft picks I might be forced to in some TE premium leagues
At this point, yes but it's close. I mean who is giving a mid 1st for either of those guys? Which has some to do with this draft class but more to do with the overall state of the TE position... It's usually better to let someone else pick the TE in the 1st value wise. I imagine you could trade the pick for a better TE or package it for a much better player

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:35 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:26 pm

At this point, yes but it's close. I mean who is giving a mid 1st for either of those guys? Which has some to do with this draft class but more to do with the overall state of the TE position... It's usually better to let someone else pick the TE in the 1st value wise. I imagine you could trade the pick for a better TE or package it for a much better player
In a TE premium league those players are worth more than a 1st, easily.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:35 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:26 pm

In a TE premium league those players are worth more than a 1st, easily.
Sure, didnt know we were strictly talking TE prem

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Yea, I’m staying away from every TE in the 1st in non-TE premium leagues.

Risk just doesn’t match the rewards

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:19 am

I love Pitts as a prospect. I won't draft him in my main leagues as I think I could get a TE for less that is still young and can produce sooner, prime example being someone like Mike Gesicki.

That said, I am in enough leagues and have enough 1sts that I will absolutely be taking a shot on him somewhere because it will be fun to follow him as he enters the league. A have a few rebuilds with 3 or 4 firsts where I can afford to take a chance on him.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 am

Well, he just opted out for the season, no bowl game for him
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:11 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:57 am Well, he just opted out for the season, no bowl game for him
Smart, I don't think his draft capital could really rise much higher, he might be the highest drafted TE in years.