Miles Sanders?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sinatra's Liver
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Miles Sanders?

Postby Sinatra's Liver » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Both O lines suck, but who would you rather have - Mixon or Sanders??
10 Team, PPR, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1K, 4 IDPs - Best Ball
QB: Lawrence, Watson, Richardson, Carr
RB: Barkley, KW3, JavWilliams, Pollard, Dillon, Charb, Abanikanda, Rodriguez
WR: Lamb, AJBrown, Dotson, JSN, M Evans, Watson, JPalmer
TE: Andrews, Goedert, Kmet
K: Butker, Hopkins, Aubrey
DE: Gary, J Phillips, Rousseau, Wilkins
LB: Wagner, DevWhite, Roquan, E Jones, Nakobe, DevLloyd, CHarris, Dennis
DB: Derwin J, Brisker, Pitre, Hamilton

Picks: #4, #7, #11, #13, #17

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Everything about Philadelphia's offense has been awful this season, so I think you can give him a pass for not meeting fantasy expectations. Offensive line isn't healthy, they've been starting a different line every other game, Wentz regressed, injuries to top pass catchers, you name it.

I'd be buying. I don't think Sanders is going to become a consistent RB1, but he's a fine high-end RB2 to have, who can give you some RB1 games here and there.

Philadelphia certainly can do a better job of getting him the ball in the passing game. He only has 19 receptions...in 9 games. That's a weird total for someone who entered the league with plus-receiving ability.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Sanders hasn't progressed the way I would have hoped. He's been disappointing. But I can't blame everything on Sanders. That offense is a mess, from top to bottom.

However, RBs always have better success if paired with mobile QBs. Hurts is the kind of guy that can give a spark to the offense, and elevate Sanders as well. The fantasy playoffs could be nice if you own Sanders anywhere.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:19 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 pm Sanders hasn't progressed the way I would have hoped. He's been disappointing. But I can't blame everything on Sanders. That offense is a mess, from top to bottom.

However, RBs always have better success if paired with mobile QBs. Hurts is the kind of guy that can give a spark to the offense, and elevate Sanders as well. The fantasy playoffs could be nice if you own Sanders anywhere.
To the 1st paragraph, I heard/read that the organization/coaching staff doesn't like Sanders as much as the fantasy community.

To the 2nd, Taysom hasn't benefited Kamara much, though I personally think that's been more because of Kamara's injury than anything.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:20 pm

What is Sanders' value in terms of 2021 picks?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:17 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:19 pm To the 1st paragraph, I heard/read that the organization/coaching staff doesn't like Sanders as much as the fantasy community.
Can we have a source on that? Juicy if true.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:45 am

mild wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:17 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:19 pm To the 1st paragraph, I heard/read that the organization/coaching staff doesn't like Sanders as much as the fantasy community.
Source? I'd be curious as to where this came from as I've heard nothing hinting toward this.

The situation in Phili has been horendous all season. Their play calling has (imo) been questionable at best. The WR health and production has been abysmal. Their pass blocking has got to be near the very bottom of the league as Wentz has been pressured and hit at a higher rate - than ever before in his career.

Dumpster fire on several levels. Wentz gets the blame - and I get it, but - there are clear factors as to why his play has digressed.

Bottom line - NO way in hell this is all on Wentz. Sanders' production has taken a hit short term. It sucks but - Give me Sanders over Mixon if I'm looking long term.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:39 am

I'd like to see a link too, but that sounds like one too many dots have been connected.

It's been reported that the Eagles had Dobbins on their draft board and was one of two options (the other being a LB) if Hurts wasn't there. They also reportedly were upset to miss out on Hyde and they brought in Freeman and others for workouts. I think it's fair to say the current org. is interested in the idea of pairing Sanders with someone. But I'm not sure that's an indication of their feelings about Sanders and more likely that they'd prefer to operate a backfield like the Packers, Saints, etc.

The counter to the above is they prioritized a QB over a RB despite having a QB with a $128M extension about to kick in and they reportedly would have taken the LB over Dobbins. They didn't want to pay that much for Hyde or even what Freeman wanted when they brought him in. They were happy to bring Howard back because he knows the offense and costs next to nothing. So, they haven't wanted another RB that badly.

I think it's hard to predict what 2021 might look like until we see how the next few weeks play out: is Hurts any good? does Sanders improve down the stretch and stay healthy? does the coaching staff and/or GM still have a job in a month?

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:55 pm

Like Sanders as a talent but Eagles organization is a complete dumpster fire right now and don't see it getting better next year. First thing they need to do is fire trainers/medical staff. Everyone and everything about them worry me.
*Coaching/Gm: Terrible playcalling, put themselves in salary cap hell(projected 64mil OVER cap) which will limit their ability to keep/resign star players and bring in FA's.
*Draft: Took Reagor over Justin Jefferson and got trolled by Vikings for it 🤣, have ton of money locked into Wentz(59.2mil dead money in 2021 🤮) and drafted Hurtz in 2nd round and then wait until end of season to even start him and when they do it's against the Saints(top5 defense) who have been just destroying qb's.
*Wr's/Te's: Injury plagued 2 years straight and bad QB play
*Rb's: Lack of consistent touches due to playcalling. Also Sanders snap count has decreased and worry about his ability to stay healthy.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:26 am

Kelldon wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:55 pm Like Sanders as a talent but Eagles organization is a complete dumpster fire right now and don't see it getting better next year. First thing they need to do is fire trainers/medical staff. Everyone and everything about them worry me.
*Coaching/Gm: Terrible playcalling, put themselves in salary cap hell(projected 64mil OVER cap) which will limit their ability to keep/resign star players and bring in FA's.
*Draft: Took Reagor over Justin Jefferson and got trolled by Vikings for it 🤣, have ton of money locked into Wentz(59.2mil dead money in 2021 🤮) and drafted Hurtz in 2nd round and then wait until end of season to even start him and when they do it's against the Saints(top5 defense) who have been just destroying qb's.
*Wr's/Te's: Injury plagued 2 years straight and bad QB play
*Rb's: Lack of consistent touches due to playcalling. Also Sanders snap count has decreased and worry about his ability to stay healthy.
Using the benefit of hindsight quite a bit here. Injuries aren't predictable, and it's especially crazy in a year like this. The eagles have made some questionable decisions, but a quick reminder they made the playoffs 3 straight years including a SuperBowl win in 2017. It's not uncommon for a team to sell out for a superbowl and find themselves with cap issues. It's also too early to call Reagor a bust I'd think.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:07 pm

I almost didn't mention it because the podcast/article I got it from mentioned it in passing, with no sources cited or additional info. I did find this- https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... struggles/
During a sitdown with Joe DeCamara and Jon Ritchie on Tuesday’s 94WIP, Sanders blamed his lack of rushing attempts on his struggles to catch the ball this season.

“I mean no,” Sanders told Joe DeCamara and Jon Ritchie on Tuesday’s 94WIP Midday Show when asked if he surprised he isn’t getting more carries.

“I’m lacking in some other areas too, I haven’t been the best in the passing game, been dropping a lot of passes, and gotta be a little bit more sharper in my pass protection too. I’ve had two straight weeks where I made mistakes, so just gotta sharpen a lot of the other stuff up.”
Sounds like he's underperforming across all phases (run/catch/block) and they're scaling back his touches.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:27 pm

I mean... this is an incredibly fractured front office, so it’s possible... but we have direct quotes about Sanders that were given after Leveon Bell was released.

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:49 pm

Today will quiet some doubters. Amazing what a semi-functional offense can do.

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:04 pm

timeEd32 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:49 pm Today will quiet some doubters. Amazing what a semi-functional offense can do.
That makes my trading him more difficult. Was trying to get Sanders/JuJu for AJ Brown / 1.6

If you take that one big Sanders play out, he went 13 for 33 yards and a TD.

I know though.. "if ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas" (props to anyone who knows that movie quote)

If anything, for those trying to move him, this should make it easier.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 2.11, 3.04, 3.12
2025 picks: two 1sts, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Rodgers, Aidan O'Connell
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez, E. Mitchell
WR/TE: DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, D. Wicks
2024 Draft: 1.02 WR Marvin Harrison Jr, 3.05 RB Ray Davis, 3.09 RB Kimani Vidal, 3.11 WR Javon Baker, 3.12 QB Spencer Rattler, 4.04 RB Audric Estime, 4.07 RB Will Shipley
2025 picks: three 2nds, 3rd

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:20 pm

NWABCS wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:04 pm
timeEd32 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:49 pm Today will quiet some doubters. Amazing what a semi-functional offense can do.
That makes my trading him more difficult. Was trying to get Sanders/JuJu for AJ Brown / 1.6

If you take that one big Sanders play out, he went 13 for 33 yards and a TD.

I know though.. "if ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas" (props to anyone who knows that movie quote)

If anything, for those trying to move him, this should make it easier.
I wouldn’t trade AJB/1.06 for sanders and juju. I think you’d be kicking yourself for making that trade in a couple of years
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points