The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Kyle Pitts

Postby murphysxm » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:51 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:01 pm Doesn't mean much, and I know PFF gets a pretty split opinion around here, but interesting "stat":

Pitts is currently tied with Chase Young for the highest graded college football player in PFF history (started grading college players in 2014) at 96.0.
I actually didn't know this, but this just fuel to my love!
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 am

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:02 pm
briank wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:54 pm
Again, ADP doesn't tell the whole story. Just because a player's ADP isn't in the 1st doesn't mean some owners weren't taking other TE in the 1st round of rookie drafts. I saw Njoku go in the 1st of several drafts, as an example.
I saw Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow go 1.01 in a 1QB league, but that wasn't indicative of the FF landscape. I saw AJ Dillon go at 1.04 in a league. Everyone on these boards can play this game.

I'm well aware than Njoku was a first rounder by some, but using every single one off would never allow for any type of discussion. You have to pick a data set to go with and using ADP was the most unbiased way to do it.
Those are more anomalous examples in my opinion. I saw Njoku go in the 1st in more leagues than not. I never saw a single example of the guys you mentioned going in the 1st in those situations. Also, different settings are going to push TE down, like Superflex. If we're going to use ADP, we should be talking 1st and 2nd round rookie picks, or at least drop the bar below 12. Njoku, for example, absolutely belongs in the this conversation. I saw him going in front of those other 1st round TE that year.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:32 am

This thread is making me sad for all the analysts that thought Brevin Jordan was a better player coming into the season

It's also silly for PFF to put out grades on a pass catchers targets without counting every other rep

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:51 am

Krypto_King wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:32 am This thread is making me sad for all the analysts that thought Brevin Jordan was a better player coming into the season

It's also silly for PFF to put out grades on a pass catchers targets without counting every other rep
PFF grades really have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Way too biased against versatile players — Grading players that are only used in niche situations where they excel is how you end up with Mo Alie Cox and Fulgahm as the highest graded players at their position

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:14 am

What are the odds that Pitts just ends up turning into a WR? granted I haven't seen him play a ton so I don't know if he has the speed for it. He's very tall, but I feel like his frame is a little slender for an NFL TE.

if he even sniffs a sub 4.5 at the combine he'd be a problem on the outside. Can anyone more qualified than myself comment on his route running?

I just feel like his frame tells me he'd have more success against corners than he would safeties
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:19 am

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:14 am What are the odds that Pitts just ends up turning into a WR? granted I haven't seen him play a ton so I don't know if he has the speed for it. He's very tall, but I feel like his frame is a little slender for an NFL TE.

if he even sniffs a sub 4.5 at the combine he'd be a problem on the outside. Can anyone more qualified than myself comment on his route running?

I just feel like his frame tells me he'd have more success against corners than he would safeties
He spent his freshman year at WR so his route running in comparison to other TE's is pretty good. The most impressive traits I see when I watch Pitts are his hands and his body control for a guy that size. Florida lines him up on the outside, slot, inline, and he makes plays from all areas. He looks effortless catching the ball and comes down with seemingly every 50/50 ball.

He is basically a WR that is labeled a TE similar to Darren Waller. If a team takes him and tries to make him George Kittle it is not going to go well. But if a team drafts him and decides to use him as a big WR in the passing game he has a chance to be the TE1.

He may be the 2nd most talented player behind Chase.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:11 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:19 am
ThunderTung wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:14 am What are the odds that Pitts just ends up turning into a WR? granted I haven't seen him play a ton so I don't know if he has the speed for it. He's very tall, but I feel like his frame is a little slender for an NFL TE.

He spent his freshman year at WR so his route running in comparison to other TE's is pretty good. The most impressive traits I see when I watch Pitts are his hands and his body control for a guy that size. Florida lines him up on the outside, slot, inline, and he makes plays from all areas. He looks effortless catching the ball and comes down with seemingly every 50/50 ball.

He is basically a WR that is labeled a TE similar to Darren Waller. If a team takes him and tries to make him George Kittle it is not going to go well. But if a team drafts him and decides to use him as a big WR in the passing game he has a chance to be the TE1.

Best comp! He is literally going to be an even more skilled Darren Waller. His route running is extremely good for a WR and his body control reminds me of Kenny Golladay, although he's 2 inches taller and is a TE...
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:23 am

I hear the Waller comp, I was thinking Jimmy Graham

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:24 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:23 am I hear the Waller comp, I was thinking Jimmy Graham
Danial Jeramiah is on record with the Waller comp before the season started
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:01 am

Thanks, the Waller comp is really good. Makes me feel better about him, however I worry for him if a team like the patriots draft him and try to turn him into a kittle type lol. Landing spot will def play a large role for him.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:55 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:01 am

Thanks, the Waller comp is really good. Makes me feel better about him, however I worry for him if a team like the patriots draft him and try to turn him into a kittle type lol. Landing spot will def play a large role for him.
Don't know how bad that would be. He actually kind of plays like Hernandez without any known murderous tendencies. I would be more worried about a spot like New England because teams could send their entire secondary at him like they did with Gronk. I've never seen a tight end command more attention than Gronk, especially at the goal line..... but that obviously didn't stop him from being the best tight end I've ever seen.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:21 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:55 pm

Don't know how bad that would be. He actually kind of plays like Hernandez without any known murderous tendencies. I would be more worried about a spot like New England because teams could send their entire secondary at him like they did with Gronk. I've never seen a tight end command more attention than Gronk, especially at the goal line..... but that obviously didn't stop him from being the best tight end I've ever seen.
Knowing how big of a deal TE's blocking is for Belichick, the concern would be they take him hoping they can mold him into a good blocker. I don't think they want too run out a TE strictly for catching passes. Cant remember a time when they were willing to put a TE on the field that couldn't block, but maybe that was because Gronk was just so good at blocking and as a receiver for so long its fogging up by perception a bit
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:03 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:21 pm

Knowing how big of a deal TE's blocking is for Belichick, the concern would be they take him hoping they can mold him into a good blocker. I don't think they want too run out a TE strictly for catching passes. Cant remember a time when they were willing to put a TE on the field that couldn't block, but maybe that was because Gronk was just so good at blocking and as a receiver for so long its fogging up by perception a bit
Is his blocking so bad he's a liability to play the traditional TE position?
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:59 pm

dark_knite03 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:03 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:21 pm
Is his blocking so bad he's a liability to play the traditional TE position?
that's a fair point, im really just making assumptions based on his frame. Idk if he'd have success blocking at the next level unless he put on some major weight. Based on what I've heard is that he's just a big WR playing TE, which also leads me to believe he's not much of a blocker
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am

Seems unlikely a team would draft him as a WR. It would cost the team more money.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas