Who do we consider top dynasty assets?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Who do we consider top dynasty assets?

Postby abloom » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:46 am

MyTeam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:29 am
JJRules wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:13 am
M-Dub wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:55 am It’s about how much he scores relative to other QBs
This is true, but OP's scoring settings to appear to give a boost to higher-performing QBs both for yards and TDs relative to standard scoring settings.

I agree with the sentiment you're conveying, but this situation might be slightly more in favor of a QB than normal. Also, the guy seems set on keeping Dak, and if that makes the game more enjoyable for him then he's already a winner!
I am not completely set on Dak but I just needed to convey that Dak was averaging over 37 PPG before he got hurt week 5. Alvin Kamara is having an unreal season and with .5 PPR, he is averaging 20.7. Even if Dak doesn't come back and hit 45 PPG every other week, he should be able to put up very good numbers with the talent around him. Dak still has more points than DK and Jacobs on the season.

Also, side note: I was pushing real hard last year for the scoring to be balanced but nobody in the league would budge because the league has been this terrible since it started nine years ago. (I have only been in for 2.5 years)
The real question is how was Dak doing compared to the other top 10 QBs and how Kamara was doing compared to the other top 10 RBs.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:17 am

abloom wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:46 am
JJRules wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:13 am

This is true, but OP's scoring settings to appear to give a boost to higher-performing QBs both for yards and TDs relative to standard scoring settings.

I agree with the sentiment you're conveying, but this situation might be slightly more in favor of a QB than normal. Also, the guy seems set on keeping Dak, and if that makes the game more enjoyable for him then he's already a winner!
I am not completely set on Dak but I just needed to convey that Dak was averaging over 37 PPG before he got hurt week 5. Alvin Kamara is having an unreal season and with .5 PPR, he is averaging 20.7. Even if Dak doesn't come back and hit 45 PPG every other week, he should be able to put up very good numbers with the talent around him. Dak still has more points than DK and Jacobs on the season.

Also, side note: I was pushing real hard last year for the scoring to be balanced but nobody in the league would budge because the league has been this terrible since it started nine years ago. (I have only been in for 2.5 years)
The real question is how was Dak doing compared to the other top 10 QBs and how Kamara was doing compared to the other top 10 RBs.
The tenth QB has 22 PPG (Ben Roethlisberger), the tenth RB has 15.5 PPG (Chris Carson). So Dak was averaging 15 more ppg and Kamara is averaging 5.2 more PPG. I completely agree that in a league like this other positional players should be kept.

Also, sorry to not have this in the initial post, but we only start 1QB, 2Rbs, 2WRs, 1TE, flex. This is a ten team league with very shallow starting requirements. I also want to point out again, I really pushed to have this changed but was vetoed. They like super shallow requirements on a 10 team league. I actually hate this so much I wanted to get out of it but it is my high school friends.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:20 am

MyTeam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:33 am

I am kinda really banking on the Bengals getting a better o-line next year, which I would think is a point of emphasis after what happened this year for them.
Mixon just isn't a 10 team keeper I am excited about, even with an improved line. Especially with a PPR component
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:24 am

CEH might be an option for DJ Moore and Mixon, would you guys take that?

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Postby blacklab1010 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:21 pm

MyTeam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:17 am
abloom wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:46 am

The tenth QB has 22 PPG (Ben Roethlisberger), the tenth RB has 15.5 PPG (Chris Carson). So Dak was averaging 15 more ppg and Kamara is averaging 5.2 more PPG. I completely agree that in a league like this other positional players should be kept.

Also, sorry to not have this in the initial post, but we only start 1QB, 2Rbs, 2WRs, 1TE, flex. This is a ten team league with very shallow starting requirements. I also want to point out again, I really pushed to have this changed but was vetoed. They like super shallow requirements on a 10 team league. I actually hate this so much I wanted to get out of it but it is my high school friends.
I think you will have to be willing to give 6 quarters for a dollar in this league and it will be worth it, i mean you can almost give the whole team except maybe your best player for a good player at this point if you are not competing. Keep trading for the best piece in every deal. If you can only keep 3 and there will always be those 2nd tier and possibly some 1st tier people to grab in the draft the next year.
If it is your high school friends and cheap enough just plan on having fun and losing some money since the starting requirements are strange. But if you really want to win follow what I said earlier.
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis

logan_roy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby logan_roy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:35 pm

MyTeam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:24 am CEH might be an option for DJ Moore and Mixon, would you guys take that?
That was what I was thinking, going for a rookie you really believe in. Though I do not love CEH, he is probably more valuable than both. I would look at JJ and Swift as other potential targets.

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:02 am

logan_roy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:35 pm
MyTeam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:24 am CEH might be an option for DJ Moore and Mixon, would you guys take that?
That was what I was thinking, going for a rookie you really believe in. Though I do not love CEH, he is probably more valuable than both. I would look at JJ and Swift as other potential targets.
I might be able to land Swift

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts