2020 Rookie RB's

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2020 Rookie RB's

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:32 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:18 am
Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 am I don't think people are panicking over one game.

It's been a recurring theme with CEH
Agreed, landing spot doesn't improve a player. CEH is not being used at what he is best at and he is an average runner. If a defense ever gets KC ro a place that forces them to win on the ground, KC will lose. That is a tall order though
You mean like the Buffalo game where they sold out to stop the pass and CEH had 161 yards rushing and KC won?

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:55 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:32 am
Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 am I don't think people are panicking over one game.

Agreed, landing spot doesn't improve a player. CEH is not being used at what he is best at and he is an average runner. If a defense ever gets KC ro a place that forces them to win on the ground, KC will lose. That is a tall order though
You mean like the Buffalo game where they sold out to stop the pass and CEH had 161 yards rushing and KC won?
Every team (other than the Bucs) has been selling out to stop deep pass plays. When KC’s best option to move the ball was running, they did and did it well. There’s no formula or scheme for stopping them. It’s going to require a defense with talent to perform at a level high enough to neutralize every section of the field because Mahomes can and does attack every part at an elite level. Currently that doesn’t exist, so the chiefs are really playing against themselves. Only their mistakes can cause them to be outscored.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 pm

^ Oh you mean the Steelers
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:55 am

Every team (other than the Bucs) has been selling out to stop deep pass plays. When KC’s best option to move the ball was running, they did and did it well. There’s no formula or scheme for stopping them. It’s going to require a defense with talent to perform at a level high enough to neutralize every section of the field because Mahomes can and does attack every part at an elite level. Currently that doesn’t exist, so the chiefs are really playing against themselves. Only their mistakes can cause them to be outscored.
I honestly think that Pittsburgh could cause issues for KC but they are the only defense I see this year that has a chance. Plus their offense is good enough to grind some clock and keep KC off the field.

To your point though I do think that KC's best will beat anybody.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Mahomes threw 5 incompletions and had 2 passing TD's in that game. Yes Ceh had a great game, but Buffalo is among the leagues worst against the run
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:24 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Mahomes threw 5 incompletions and had 2 passing TD's in that game. Yes Ceh had a great game, but Buffalo is among the leagues worst against the run
Just because KC doesn't run the ball 40 times a game doesn't mean they can't win by doing it. They are 11th in the NFL in yards/carry, which is tied with Green Bay and nobody is blasting their run game.

It's really becoming a "can't criticize the pass game, so I guess let's go after the run game" but they have been more than fine on the ground. They just don't run it very much. Short yardage is an issue, but the run game as a whole isn't.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 pm ^ Oh you mean the Steelers
You’re right, I forgot about all those dynamic offenses that Pittsburgh has already shut down this year.
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:28 pm

The only thing we're really seeing is that the people who boosted CEH to a Top-5 asset before the season jumped the gun.

Yes, he's a solid, probably good RB, but getting an RB12 out of that isn't what people expected, even though it's still obviously RB1 production. He was going for the prices that players like Saquon and Zeke went for while not being anywhere near the talent level.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:34 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 pm
You’re right, I forgot about all those dynamic offenses that Pittsburgh has already shut down this year.
Lol I guess the Titans are the best offense they've beat? And that was a 3 pt game

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Just because KC doesn't run the ball 40 times a game doesn't mean they can't win by doing it. They are 11th in the NFL in yards/carry, which is tied with Green Bay and nobody is blasting their run game.
I guess for me, defenses are daring KC to run the ball and putting all their efforts into defending the pass. Yes, the YPC numbers are good, but it's because the DST's would rather give up a 5 yard run than a 30 yard pass. I just don't think CEH is maximizing his opportunity, which is concerning. CEH has two games over 100 yards rushing all season if I remember correctly. I think Damien was darn near avreaging that down the stretch. Just something to track.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:43 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 pm

I guess for me, defenses are daring KC to run the ball and putting all their efforts into defending the pass. Yes, the YPC numbers are good, but it's because the DST's would rather give up a 5 yard run than a 30 yard pass. I just don't think CEH is maximizing his opportunity, which is concerning. CEH has two games over 100 yards rushing all season if I remember correctly. I think Damien was darn near avreaging that down the stretch. Just something to track.
I agree that CEH may not be maximizing his opportunity in KC. However the two games he has *over* 20 carries he has gone for more than 100 yards on the ground (he has 1 game of 20-64, but that was vs BAL early in the season). I do like that he is averaging 85 total yards per game. While it isnt top 5 start up worthy, I dont think that it has bad as people have make it seem. This is likely due to the expectations put on CEH as a top 5 startup pick (which I always thought was overpriced but couldnt find a buyer at that price)

I think the disappointment has been mainly in the lack of volume, not lack of efficiency (especially in the TD department).
Last edited by nathanq42 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:28 pm The only thing we're really seeing is that the people who boosted CEH to a Top-5 asset before the season jumped the gun.

Yes, he's a solid, probably good RB, but getting an RB12 out of that isn't what people expected, even though it's still obviously RB1 production. He was going for the prices that players like Saquon and Zeke went for while not being anywhere near the talent level.
Correct. And now we're seeing a lot of people join on the bandwagon of dumping on him like he's been terrible because he didn't meet those original unrealistic expectations.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:34 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 pm
Lol I guess the Titans are the best offense they've beat? And that was a 3 pt game
Yes. And I wouldn't exactly label Tennessee's offense as resembling one that is "dynamic" or can beat you on any given down at any level of the field. Unless Henry punching you in the gut and then running all the way to the endzone counts as a play at every level of the field.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:03 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Damien Williams averaged 4.5/carry last year. CEH is averaging 4.6 this year. Kareem Hunt averaged 4.6 his last season in KC (but 4.9 his rookie year).

I don't think CEH is above criticism, but I think he is a victim of insane expectations and false narratives being thrown around. He hasn't lit the world on fire but he has been much better than his detractors are suggesting.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:10 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:03 pm
Damien Williams averaged 4.5/carry last year. CEH is averaging 4.6 this year. Kareem Hunt averaged 4.6 his last season in KC (but 4.9 his rookie year).

I don't think CEH is above criticism, but I think he is a victim of insane expectations and false narratives being thrown around. He hasn't lit the world on fire but he has been much better than his detractors are suggesting.
Can't argue with numbers. I have been low on him since the get and this is the kind of production I thought was his best case scenario. I just don't think his talent matches his praise. I may be jaded as well thouigh....