Who do we consider top dynasty assets?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Who do we consider top dynasty assets?

Postby MyTeam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:57 am

Team not in signature.

This is not a true dynasty, we keep three players each year and the draft order is set worst to best. Who would we consider top keepers in a ten team .5PPR, 1QB league (QB scoring is actually super high, 1 point for 20 yards and 5 for TDs. Dak is on my team and was averaging 34 PPG)?

I am eliminated from playoffs due to injuries and getting unlucky. I am currently trying to move all of my assets to upgrade my keepers. Currently, my keepers are Barkley, Mixon and Dak. I also have DJ Moore. I was thinking of attempting to send Mixon (or Dak) and DJ Moore for someone but I am not sure who I could get for that price. I am also higher on Mixon than most so I don't mind keeping him.

For people who don't think I should keep Dak, with this being .5PPR and high QB scoring, QBs can almost win you this league so I am kinda set on keeping Dak. I will have a top pick next year and one team has about 6 top keepers (Sanders, Kamara, Thomas, Hill, AJ Brown, Kelce) so I will have a shot at one of them or a top rookie.

Basically, who can I get for DJ Moore and Mixon?
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

logan_roy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Who do we consider top dynasty assets?

Postby logan_roy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:04 am

A lot of this will depend on keepers for other teams in your league. Is there any team that would definitely keep DJ Moore and Mixon if you traded those two to them? If so, I would look to trade with that team. To give you an idea, you could maybe get Josh Jacobs, Derrick Henry, or maybe even Tyreek Hill. That all depends on who is keeping who though. Look for a team with one standout keeper and two others that are lackluster at best.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:10 am

how many teams?

Basically if you are looking to make a 2 for 1, you have to find someone who either (1) only has 2 viable keepers or (2) the two players you send would become their #2 and #3 keepers and the guy you get would likely become your #2 keeper.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:15 am

The problem you are going to have is that you can't just ship those guys to contenders because both of them may not play another down this season. You are trying to trade Moore and Mixon at the worst time possible. I know that doesn't help you much but I think you are going to be stuck with them.

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:17 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:15 am The problem you are going to have is that you can't just ship those guys to contenders because both of them may not play another down this season. You are trying to trade Moore and Mixon at the worst time possible. I know that doesn't help you much but I think you are going to be stuck with them.
That was my thoughts. So I pretty much need to find someone who can keep both but I don't know that anyone can do that. Either way, I was fine keeping Mixon, Dak and Barkley.

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:17 am

Moore and Mixon could land a top 10 asset from the right manager. Depends if you are looking to build around a top RB or top WR. Only keeping three makes this tough as it brings down every player trade value outside of out and out studs.

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:33 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:17 am Moore and Mixon could land a top 10 asset from the right manager. Depends if you are looking to build around a top RB or top WR. Only keeping three makes this tough as it brings down every player trade value outside of out and out studs.
Right. Especially since it is only a 10 team league so only the top 30 players will be kept. I might try Mixon and DJ for DK or Adams? Does that move make sense?

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:02 am

MyTeam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:33 am
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:17 am Moore and Mixon could land a top 10 asset from the right manager. Depends if you are looking to build around a top RB or top WR. Only keeping three makes this tough as it brings down every player trade value outside of out and out studs.
Right. Especially since it is only a 10 team league so only the top 30 players will be kept. I might try Mixon and DJ for DK or Adams? Does that move make sense?
If you can land either, I think it's a great trade. I would lean Metcalf due to age.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:05 am

MyTeam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:33 am I might try Mixon and DJ for DK or Adams? Does that move make sense?
I think either one of these would be a big win for you if you could make it happen. I would MUCH rather keep DK or Adams than Mixon if I had to choose.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:55 am

I think keeping Dak in a 10-team 1QB league is a mistake. It’s not about how much he scores relative to other positions. It’s about how much he scores relative to other QBs and which other QBs will be kept. I have a hard time believing you couldn’t just keep DJM and draft Dak or a comparable QB in the 2nd round, after taking one of the six players you listed in the 1st.

Imagine if you’d had Lamar last year and kept him over a high-end RB/WR/TE. Quarterback is a pretty volatile position year-to-year in terms of predicting who is going to put up elite numbers. By keeping Dak, you’re not only gambling on him making a full recovery and not being hampered by that gruesome ankle injury, but also on him replicating the borderline unsustainable production he put up in a small sample at the beginning of this year. Hell, just look at how Russ has regressed THIS YEAR after his insane start.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:12 am

From what I'm seeing you have to change your way of thinking a bit.

This is a KEEPER league.

10 teams and 3 keepers = only 30 guys are kept.
That's 30 guys across the four positional groups.

That tells me (ballpark)

The top 6 QBs
The top 10 RBs
The top 10 WRs
The top 4 TEs

You can add or subtract one or so for each group based on your league - but that's it above. DJ Moore and Mixon don't crack those top 10s any longer - they just don't. And Dak is on the fringe and likely falling out of that top 6 now. Your main shot was to trade them to a contender who needed them now - but all of these injured guys are likely worthless to a contender this year unless you can convince someone Mixon will be back and dominating for the playoffs.

I think you only have one potential move here: is there a team that has only 1 very good keeper that you would be willing to do a 2 for 1 for?

You might be able to do a Mixon/DJ for (better option) if that team has a lack of a second/third viable keeper.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:13 am

M-Dub wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:55 am It’s about how much he scores relative to other QBs
This is true, but OP's scoring settings to appear to give a boost to higher-performing QBs both for yards and TDs relative to standard scoring settings.

I agree with the sentiment you're conveying, but this situation might be slightly more in favor of a QB than normal. Also, the guy seems set on keeping Dak, and if that makes the game more enjoyable for him then he's already a winner!
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:18 am

cvbuc wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:12 am From what I'm seeing you have to change your way of thinking a bit.

This is a KEEPER league.

That tells me (ballpark)

The top 6 QBs
The top 10 RBs
The top 10 WRs
The top 4 TEs

You can add or subtract one or so for each group based on your league - but that's it above. DJ Moore and Mixon don't crack those top 10s any longer - they just don't. And Dak is on the fringe and likely falling out of that top 6 now. Your main shot was to trade them to a contender who needed them now - but all of these injured guys are likely worthless to a contender this year unless you can convince someone Mixon will be back and dominating for the playoffs.

I think you only have one potential move here: is there a team that has only 1 very good keeper that you would be willing to do a 2 for 1 for?

You might be able to do a Mixon/DJ for (better option) if that team has a lack of a second/third viable keeper.
This is pretty spot on. For a 10 teamer, Saquon is your only keeper I care about. I would package all 3 to get another viable keeper. You have to get your hands on more studs to compete in this format
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:29 am

JJRules wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:13 am
M-Dub wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:55 am It’s about how much he scores relative to other QBs
This is true, but OP's scoring settings to appear to give a boost to higher-performing QBs both for yards and TDs relative to standard scoring settings.

I agree with the sentiment you're conveying, but this situation might be slightly more in favor of a QB than normal. Also, the guy seems set on keeping Dak, and if that makes the game more enjoyable for him then he's already a winner!
I am not completely set on Dak but I just needed to convey that Dak was averaging over 37 PPG before he got hurt week 5. Alvin Kamara is having an unreal season and with .5 PPR, he is averaging 20.7. Even if Dak doesn't come back and hit 45 PPG every other week, he should be able to put up very good numbers with the talent around him. Dak still has more points than DK and Jacobs on the season.

Also, side note: I was pushing real hard last year for the scoring to be balanced but nobody in the league would budge because the league has been this terrible since it started nine years ago. (I have only been in for 2.5 years)

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:33 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:18 am
cvbuc wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:12 am From what I'm seeing you have to change your way of thinking a bit.

This is a KEEPER league.

That tells me (ballpark)

The top 6 QBs
The top 10 RBs
The top 10 WRs
The top 4 TEs

This is pretty spot on. For a 10 teamer, Saquon is your only keeper I care about. I would package all 3 to get another viable keeper. You have to get your hands on more studs to compete in this format
I am kinda really banking on the Bengals getting a better o-line next year, which I would think is a point of emphasis after what happened this year for them.

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts