Re: Way too Early 2021 Draft Thread

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:35 pm

This season is the Pitts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:40 pm

At the likely 7 or 8 pick in my main league I was hoping for an RB but after Journey's retirement I just can't see one who could be worth the pick (assuming Najee and Etienne are off)

I am not even sure another one makes the first three rounds and pretty doubtful of first two

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:17 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:40 pm At the likely 7 or 8 pick in my main league I was hoping for an RB but after Journey's retirement I just can't see one who could be worth the pick (assuming Najee and Etienne are off)

I am not even sure another one makes the first three rounds and pretty doubtful of first two
Kenneth Gainwell is intriguing at RB. I also wanted to see how Max Borghi looked outside of the air raid but he hasn't played at all this year. If he went to the Cards he might be someone worth watching as he would have familiarity with that system.

The point you're making though is why I think you'll see Pitts go fairly high in rookie drafts (and Lawrence in 1QB). While the prevailing thought process is to not take a TE in round 1, he looks like he may be one of a few difference makers in this draft. I just think you're going to have a lot of debate centered around "do I take this RB/WR that I don't see as a 1 or do I take Pitts who could very easily be a top 3 TE". Without knowing landing spots the only players I would for sure rank ahead of Pitts are Etienne and Chase.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:03 am

mild wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:59 pm As the owner of the likely 2021 1.03 I couldn't be less thrilled in a standard PPR league. After ETN and Chase, the next prospect I'm excited about is Pitts. I want nothing to do with Waddle or Rondale Moore or Devonta Smith with a high first round pick. Bateman I'm interested in, but is he a high 1st worthy pick?

Regarding some of the QBs, shouldn't Justin Fields be the top ranked fantasy QB? Had recent history taught us nothing? The athletic QBs with solid passing ability and strong arms are fantasy gold. If they can actually develop into a quality passer, they'll be a true stud. Lawrence is mobile, but not to the extent Fields is.
:shock:

You want no part of some of the better WR's we've seen in college in recent years, and yet you're excited to take a rookie TE? And you're saying your league is standard, non-TE boosted?

That's a weird take, mango.
Rondale Moore, Waddle and Smith are some of the best WR prospects in years? That is the first I heard that. They all seem way to small, with Smith being too skinny. I'm intrigued by Moore, but not with a top 3 pick. But after taking the more than speed (not really) in Ruggs last year, I'm hesitant with undersized speed players.

I agree with the poster above, only Chase and ETN look like top tier prospects, specially compared with 2020 with legit 8 top prospects.
As of now, I wouldn't have much separation between the 3rd and 9th prospect in this year's class, including Pitts.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:16 am

remedy29 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:03 am
Rondale Moore, Waddle and Smith are some of the best WR prospects in years? That is the first I heard that.
You aren't listening then. I am lower on Moore than some, but the Bama recievers are studs
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:09 am

I’d take Pitts over Olave/Marshall/St. Brown.... not above the largely consensus top 5 WRs/top 2 RBs though. 8th overall ranking is still very high praise for a TE though and I might consider him over Waddle if he misses the combine and lands on a bad team in addition.

Footballisacoolsport
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Footballisacoolsport » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:59 am

I really don't love this class outside of Etienne/Chase/Pitts, and the QBs do look solid. I'll be looking to trade 1.3 for a later first and an asset, unless Chase/Etienne falls to me.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:39 am

remedy29 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:59 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:50 pm Athletic released their first NFL mock draft today:

1) Lawrence - Jets
2) Zach Wilson - Jags
6) Fields - Panthers
7) Chase - Eagles
8) Lance - Football Team
11) Waddle - Dolphins (via Texans)
15) Pitts - Pats
19) Devonta Smith - Giants
29) Bateman - Packers
31) Mac Jones - Saints
32) Etienne - Steelers

Wilson over Fields was surprising (to me at least).
If Etienne goes to the Steelers he will be the consensus 1.01 in 1QB leagues assuming Conner is gone.
Pitts to the Pats would have everyone talking about "well how high would you have taken Gronk in rookie drafts had you known...".
As the owner of the likely 2021 1.03 I couldn't be less thrilled in a standard PPR league. After ETN and Chase, the next prospect I'm excited about is Pitts. I want nothing to do with Waddle or Rondale Moore or Devonta Smith with a high first round pick. Bateman I'm interested in, but is he a high 1st worthy pick?

Regarding some of the QBs, shouldn't Justin Fields be the top ranked fantasy QB? Had recent history taught us nothing? The athletic QBs with solid passing ability and strong arms are fantasy gold. If they can actually develop into a quality passer, they'll be a true stud. Lawrence is mobile, but not to the extent Fields is.
I see what you're saying about fields, but Lawrence is so much safer and still has just as much upside. Maybe Fields in redraft next year, but Lawrence all day in dynasty.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:46 am

Footballisacoolsport wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:59 am I really don't love this class outside of Etienne/Chase/Pitts, and the QBs do look solid. I'll be looking to trade 1.3 for a later first and an asset, unless Chase/Etienne falls to me.
In SF this is a much more attractive class.

Etienne is honestly, probably overrated. He's probably the best RB in this class, but that says more about this class than anything about him. There's a reason he returned for his Senior year.

I don't see a massive difference between him and Najee, and could see a few RBs sneaking into this tier as the off-season develops. Landing spots for these RBs will be key.

J'marr Chase is the cream of the crop at WR, but Rondale Moore, Jaylen Waddle, Devonta Smith, Rashod Bateman are only slightly behind this year's class of WRs (as prospects); with a number of sleepers (Terrace Marshall, Amon Ra St. Brown) who could see a massive uptick in value this off-season.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm

I currently have the 1.03 and i dont see that changing.. If Kyle Pitts goes to the Pats my homer butt is going to need to be talked out of taking him there. Quite frankly i may take him there anyway. Its just such a positional advantage and im not sold on Chase. Long time to go and my mind will probably change but there are worse players and positions to reach on than Kyle Pitts. I have a late first too but i expect Pitts to be gone by then.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:24 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm I currently have the 1.03 and i dont see that changing.. If Kyle Pitts goes to the Pats my homer butt is going to need to be talked out of taking him there. Quite frankly i may take him there anyway. Its just such a positional advantage and im not sold on Chase. Long time to go and my mind will probably change but there are worse players and positions to reach on than Kyle Pitts. I have a late first too but i expect Pitts to be gone by then.
If you pass on Chase, you will regret it for a long time. He is going to be a star
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

boochluke
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby boochluke » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:30 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:24 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm I currently have the 1.03 and i dont see that changing.. If Kyle Pitts goes to the Pats my homer butt is going to need to be talked out of taking him there. Quite frankly i may take him there anyway. Its just such a positional advantage and im not sold on Chase. Long time to go and my mind will probably change but there are worse players and positions to reach on than Kyle Pitts. I have a late first too but i expect Pitts to be gone by then.
If you pass on Chase, you will regret it for a long time. He is going to be a star
+1
Team 1
10 team 1QB, PPR, shallow roster
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX
QB: Josh Allen, Trey Lance
RB: Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, Javonte, Damien Harris
WR: DJM, Lamb, Higgins, Chase, Waddle, Eli Moore
TE: Pitts

Team 2
10 team 1QB, .5TEP, IDP, PPR deep roster
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1LB, 1DB, 1idpFLEX
QB: Dak, Darnold
RB: JT, Mixon, Gibson, Javonte, Pollard, Mattison, Eli Mitchell, Penny
WR: AJB, Aiyuk, Woods, Sutton, D Smith, Eli Moore, Terrace M, Mooney, Mims, Toney, Gabe Davis, Nico Collins, Amon-Ra
TE: Goedert, Kmet, Trautman
LB: Tremaine Edmunds, Deion Jones, Jamin Davis
DB: Derwin James, Jabrill Peppers[/size]

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:58 pm

I wanna grab Bateman and Gainwell at the end of round 1... I'm willing to reach on Javian Hawkins in round 2 depending on landing spot, small but I really enjoyed watching him in school

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Hawkins is fun to watch but looks wayyyyy too skinny to play a major role in the pros.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:09 am

briank wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:39 am
I see what you're saying about fields, but Lawrence is so much safer and still has just as much upside. Maybe Fields in redraft next year, but Lawrence all day in dynasty.
sounds like Fields in 1QB and TLaw in SF.

Pitts at 1.03 instead of trading that pick now for.... any TE++ doesn't seem wise