Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:15 pm Have we had a Trich size bust since TRich?
Taylor (outside the dynasty community) wouldnt come close to a TRich tier bust. Guy was a second round pick instead of 3rd overall. Closest we've got is LF.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:15 pm Have we had a Trich size bust since TRich?
Taylor (outside the dynasty community) wouldnt come close to a TRich tier bust. Guy was a second round pick instead of 3rd overall. Closest we've got is LF.
As far as RBs yeah I'd say LF. But there are high picks that bust every year
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:42 pm

We had many prior... Curtis Enis always comes to mind

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:57 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:03 pm
Yes I realize that. Just funny he's automatically compared to one of the biggest busts ever.

Would be like calling all the bad QB Jemarcus

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:49 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:57 am

Yes I realize that. Just funny he's automatically compared to one of the biggest busts ever.

If he busts he'd comp better to kerryon or royce than TRich from an nfl standpoint. Sure the dynasty community might've thought he was the second coming of Barkley but the nfl didn't .

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:43 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:49 am

If he busts he'd comp better to kerryon or royce than TRich from an nfl standpoint. Sure the dynasty community might've thought he was the second coming of Barkley but the nfl didn't .
If we're just looking at draft capital, sure.

As for RB's that were elite athletes and were highly productive throughout college do we have any bust comps? Closest one I can think of is Derrick Henry, but he eventually broke out

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:53 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:43 am

As for RB's that were elite athletes and were highly productive throughout college do we have any bust comps? Closest one I can think of is Derrick Henry, but he eventually broke out
Rashaad Penny.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:58 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:53 am

Rashaad Penny.
Well, we still don't know that Penny is a bust (he did look like he was breaking out last year before he tore his ACL; and he has averaged 5.3 ypc throughout his career).

and he didn't "start" until his senior season at San Diego St; so I wouldn't exactly say he had a highly productive college career.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:10 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:58 am

Rashaad Penny.
Well, we still don't know that Penny is a bust (he did look like he was breaking out last year before he tore his ACL; and he has averaged 5.3 ypc throughout his career).

and he didn't "start" until his senior season at San Diego St; so I wouldn't exactly say he had a highly productive college career.
He was just as productive as Henry.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... nry-2.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... nny-1.html

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:19 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:10 am

Rashaad Penny.

Not at all, Henry became the workhorse as a Junior competing with 5 star talents at Alabama.

Penny didn't take the reigns until his Senior season at a non-power 5 conference school, San Diego St. competing with far inferior talent.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:31 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:19 am
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:10 am

Not at all, Henry became the workhorse as a Junior competing with 5 star talents at Alabama.

Penny didn't take the reigns until his Senior season at a non-power 5 conference school, San Diego St. competing with far inferior talent.
PRODUCTION was still the same (more yards for Penny more TDs for Henry) and Penny ended up being a 1st round pick unlike Henry or JT.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:38 am

Guess we’re just gonna have to disagree.

It’s the same reason I didnt punish Swift for playing behind Nick Chubb and Sony Michel, or Najee Harris at Alabama. Who youre competing against, while not a fool proof measure of talent, does need to be considered.

There’s also the fact that Henry wouldve posted 2 elite production seasons to Penny’s 1 if he played his Senior season, as well.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Depends on what you think of as a high end athlete. Penny and Foreman both had great weight adjusted speed but not much in terms of leaping or lateral agility. Foreman suffered the achilles injury early on so it's hard to tell what could have been. Penny I think was being outplayed to some extent by Carson (for what they were being asked to do), then he had the ACL as well. Again, hard to determine but yes he was being outplayed on some level for more than a year. Guice is another one where ultimately he'll go down as a bust but for issues not related to talent level. Kevin Jones was a 227lb RB who ran a 4.38 and drafted in the 1st round, ultimately a bust but also could have been due to [foot] injuries. Trent Richardson is similar to these players as well in that leaping and agility is not recorded.

Ryan Mathews had an up and down career, ultimately not living up to the hype. Same with McFadden. Unlike Penny and Foreman, both of these players had above average leaping and agility to pair with their speed. Ben Tate is another hyper athlete drafted in the 2nd that didn't work out. Donald Brown. These are mostly off the top of my head, i'm sure there are more highly drafted hyper athletic rb's that have busted if i kept looking.

While being a hyper athletic early round pick and busting is not that rare, JT's resume is damn near bulletproof and it would be pretty rare for a player of his stature to be a total bust for non-injury related reasons.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:45 pm Depends on what you think of as a high end athlete. Penny and Foreman both had great weight adjusted speed but not much in terms of leaping or lateral agility. Foreman suffered the achilles injury early on so it's hard to tell what could have been. Penny I think was being outplayed to some extent by Carson (for what they were being asked to do), then he had the ACL as well. Again, hard to determine but yes he was being outplayed on some level for more than a year. Guice is another one where ultimately he'll go down as a bust but for issues not related to talent level. Kevin Jones was a 227lb RB who ran a 4.38 and drafted in the 1st round, ultimately a bust but also could have been due to [foot] injuries. Trent Richardson is similar to these players as well in that leaping and agility is not recorded.

Ryan Mathews had an up and down career, ultimately not living up to the hype. Same with McFadden. Unlike Penny and Foreman, both of these players had above average leaping and agility to pair with their speed. Ben Tate is another hyper athlete drafted in the 2nd that didn't work out. Donald Brown. These are mostly off the top of my head, i'm sure there are more highly drafted hyper athletic rb's that have busted if i kept looking.

While being a hyper athletic early round pick and busting is not that rare, JT's resume is damn near bulletproof and it would be pretty rare for a player of his stature to be a total bust for non-injury related reasons.
Kevin Jones, Ryan Mathews, D'onta Foreman, Darren McFadden (you could also add felix jones), Cadillac Williams and Donald Brown seem to be the closest to what I was asking for.

Aside from Donald Brown, they all had debilitating injuries to accompany their career busts (I wouldn't consider Trent Richardson an elite athlete as the main reason he was jettisoned by the Browns is because he physically lacked burst)

seemed to have been a lot of them back in the early 2000's :lol: we could also include Reggie Bush -- Perhaps these busts have become less prevalent because of improvements in the medical field?

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:02 am

Sriracha wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:13 am
CGW wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:30 am
Yarnith wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:19 pm Sub 4.0yds a carry is alarming anyway you wanna wrap it. Even Akers has a better average. He flashes some things he also flashes poor vision and no patience often. He could still be something, I mean Rojo is finally looking like a good RB. Denying the chance he is gonna be a bust is growing drastically. He certainly looks nothing like the hype most had as the best RB in the draft bar none.
I wouldn't say alarming. It's disappointing from the hype he had pre season, but it's not the end all. Many high quality RBs have seasons below 4.0.

He may very well be a bust, but it is way too early to make that call based on a few poor games.
Exactly.. Leveon Bell (3.5 ypc), Joe Mixon (3.6), Marshawn Lynch (4.0, 4.1, 3.8, 3.6).... Ladainian Tomlinson (3.6)
This is a lot like saying that Antonio Brown only had 167 yards as a rookie so we shouldn't right off Dezmon Paton yet.

I mean sure, it's true. It's not a death knell. But it is far, far from ideal and we should definitely be focusing on the guys that have already broken out over the guys that have performed poorly but may one day, in a hail marry, break out.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert