LB Rookie Rankings - 2020

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: LB Rookie Rankings - 2020

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 am

failblazer wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:27 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:48 am
failblazer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:58 am I swapped Kiser for Simmons straight up after week 2 for a team going nowhere this season. I snagged Kiser in round 10 of our rookie and FA draft so to flip him for a guy taken in the 2nd was a huge win. As you said, obviously there is worry when he has done so little early on but they have some solid guys in front of him so I guess the expectation of him being an immediate LB1 or LB2 were probably wishful thinking.
It’s not a win when the guy you traded away is outproducing the guy you got - in this case by a wide margin.

This draft capital mentality stops as soon as the guys put on the pads and accumulate stats. Then it’s all about talent, fit, and opportunity.

Kiser has all 3. Simmons is missing on at least two of those right now, and there’s no telling if it will ever change. How many times have we seen NFL teams accumulate multiple high 1st rounders on their rosters and continue to fail. Don’t be the Lions or Raiders of your FF league.
Honestly, I don't need him to produce right now. You're right, if I needed a guy to jam into my lineup for this season I'd have held Kiser but I am 1-4 and lucky to be doing that well. This team is a total rebuild that won't be competing until next year at the very earliest (and likely not until 2022). I'm not a Simmons guy to be honest but I'll take a gamble on his upside over Kiser who I think is an average player in a good situation. Littleton is a better player and has disappeared since leaving the Rams and Kiser could do the same if they don't resign him after next year.

I totally understand your point of not being blinded by draft stock because it absolutely not the be all and end all. Plenty of unheralded players do turn out to be very valuable in dynasty and especially in IDP but when I am building out a roster to compete in a year or two years out I want potential building blocks.

I just made a similar (if less extreme) example move, shipping out Jayon Brown and a 3rd (16 team) for Kenneth Murray and a 5th. To me, we know what Brown is and in a year or two years there's no guarantee he'll be relevant. I'll take my chances on a younger guy who could be a building block for the next 4-7 years.
:thumbup:

Good luck. IMO you’re underestimating Kizer and overestimating Simmons, but I understand your logic.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:18 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 am

Good luck. IMO you’re underestimating Kizer and overestimating Simmons, but I understand your logic.
I was thinking the same. I never understand why someone will use 1.08 on Devin White when I can get Nat Gerry off the WW and get 80 if not 90% of the production.

Guys like Kiser is what IDP is all about.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:18 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 am

I was thinking the same. I never understand why someone will use 1.08 on Devin White when I can get Nat Gerry off the WW and get 80 if not 90% of the production.

Guys like Kiser is what IDP is all about.
I have for years done this, building my defences almost exclusively from waiver wire pickups and in season claims. However, I do see value in getting a few cornerstone pieces to build your year-to-year squad around. As you say, I'm not going to be the guy reaching for IDPs in the 1st when there are good players on offense for me to scoop up. However, as you get into the 2nd (bearing in mind I am exclusively a 16-team leaguer), I have no issue taking the Roquan Smiths and Patrick Queens of the world to build the backbone of my defense over the Darryngton Evans of the world.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:45 am

Didn't feel like quoting it all, getting long. Simmons looks bad right now but sometimes you got to take an IDP risk with a higher pick. Grabbed Queen and I'm pretty happy right now where I did. He's 36th in league scoring in a SPFLX, ahead of guys like D Henry and Kelce. Flip side, he's only 30 points ahead of Kyzir White so I suppose that 5 pts a game may not be worth it; it's a hard call either way.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:13 pm

saw061600 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:45 am Didn't feel like quoting it all, getting long. Simmons looks bad right now but sometimes you got to take an IDP risk with a higher pick. Grabbed Queen and I'm pretty happy right now where I did. He's 36th in league scoring in a SPFLX, ahead of guys like D Henry and Kelce. Flip side, he's only 30 points ahead of Kyzir White so I suppose that 5 pts a game may not be worth it; it's a hard call either way.
That's my stance on things, but to each their own.

Now look at the gap from Kelce and Henry to player xyz same amount of spots down and you will see a massive gap. Offense is just too tough to find, gotta invest big and cast a wide IDP net. Yes, pick up David Irving in sack heavy leagues.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:09 pm

So why, exactly, has Simmons been sitting on the bench all season?

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:48 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:09 pm So why, exactly, has Simmons been sitting on the bench all season?
He is a very young and came into the league behind two established and productive starters. People expecting him to come in week 1 and light up the stat sheet were being unrealistic. Very nice to see a performance like this from him though. Certainly gives his owners some confidence that he can be the difference maker we all hoped for.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:11 am

failblazer wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:48 am
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:09 pm So why, exactly, has Simmons been sitting on the bench all season?
He is a very young and came into the league behind two established and productive starters. People expecting him to come in week 1 and light up the stat sheet were being unrealistic. Very nice to see a performance like this from him though. Certainly gives his owners some confidence that he can be the difference maker we all hoped for.
Definitely giving reasons to hold him
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:07 pm

He whiffed on a tackle and then bit hard on an 80 yard Mostert TD pass. Week 1 right to the bench and he stayed for a while.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:55 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:07 pm
He whiffed on a tackle and then bit hard on an 80 yard Mostert TD pass. Week 1 right to the bench and he stayed for a while.
Yeah difficult to put him back in when you have a solid pair of veterans who know the defense.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:21 pm

In his limited playing time, has Willie Gay has looked half-way decent? A few times I’ve seen him play, he showed some promise.