RB to get now for 2021

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
GWA87
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: RB to get now for 2021

Postby GWA87 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 pm

What is AJ Dillon going for right now? He's an interesting add, just in case GB doesn't resign Jones.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:39 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm I think Sony Michel (2018 1st round pick)/Damien Harris (2019/3rd round pick) are both flying under the radar at the moment even though it’s clear they are the future ground game in NE. I think that will be worth noting because I believe the Patriots will go back to the basics and develop a run heavy offense around Cam owned/or whatever rookie QB they bring on in the near future. I’d advise grabbing them both as I think they will both come super cheap.
what does this mean? would you send a 2nd for either? would you send either out for less than a 2nd?

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:04 am

Vcize wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:28 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 am This thread reminded me of the 2018/19 offseason where everyone was suggesting to grab Tevin Coleman because he was a free agent and would finally be out from under Freeman's shadow. His price ended up skyrocketing to a mid first before he ever played a down in SF. Never paid off.

That said there's always massive potential on getting ahead of the curve to acquire players who might have more opportunity. The main key is the price (is it actually a discount). A close second would be what do we already know about a player that has limited their value to date.
The reality is heading into the end of the season the hot FA guy is rarely the guy we thought it was going to be. Jerrick McKinnon was way down the list of guys people were grabbing as potential for the following year, and then he was the one that landed in the great spot and got a huge value boost.

Then Coleman was the guy everyone wanted in week 10 of his contract year, and meh. Then Yeldon everyone wanted during his last year in Jax, thinking he'd land a lead gig in a good spot somewhere the following year, etc. People were actually trading a 1st for TJ Yeldon midway through his last year in Jax somewhat for his occasional start when Fournette lost his cool and got disciplined, but mainly for his status as an impending UFA at the end of the year.

I guess there is something to be said for loading up with a bunch of darts just on the chance that one of them lands in a great spot or gets a lead role. But the guy everyone is lusting after at this point in the season is rarely the guy that actually gets the big boost for next year.
Yeah I agree with both of these takes. I was going to make a move for a RB like this but I decided to just hold my picks until we’re closer to the draft and rookie fever starts to kick in. The thing is, the picks are guaranteed to increase in value. These guys are not.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 am

Like others have said, dont do this now, dont even think about it. Its one of the worst strategies in fantasy tbh, one ive been burned on countless times and finally decided i need to stop doing it. Two years in a row I traded for Isaiah Crowell, then Alex Collins and i got totally burned by both. You are best off drafting a RB with those picks. This is also why i still cant buy into James Robinson. Im extremely cautious on RBs and you have to be. They are a volatile force and insanely expensive. Hold the picks and wait to see how the draft plays out.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 am

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:04 am
jcc6fd wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 am This thread reminded me of the 2018/19 offseason where everyone was suggesting to grab Tevin Coleman because he was a free agent and would finally be out from under Freeman's shadow. His price ended up skyrocketing to a mid first before he ever played a down in SF. Never paid off.

That said there's always massive potential on getting ahead of the curve to acquire players who might have more opportunity. The main key is the price (is it actually a discount). A close second would be what do we already know about a player that has limited their value to date.
The reality is heading into the end of the season the hot FA guy is rarely the guy we thought it was going to be. Jerrick McKinnon was way down the list of guys people were grabbing as potential for the following year, and then he was the one that landed in the great spot and got a huge value boost.

Then Coleman was the guy everyone wanted in week 10 of his contract year, and meh. Then Yeldon everyone wanted during his last year in Jax, thinking he'd land a lead gig in a good spot somewhere the following year, etc. People were actually trading a 1st for TJ Yeldon midway through his last year in Jax somewhat for his occasional start when Fournette lost his cool and got disciplined, but mainly for his status as an impending UFA at the end of the year.

I guess there is something to be said for loading up with a bunch of darts just on the chance that one of them lands in a great spot or gets a lead role. But the guy everyone is lusting after at this point in the season is rarely the guy that actually gets the big boost for next year.
Yeah I agree with both of these takes. I was going to make a move for a RB like this but I decided to just hold my picks until we’re closer to the draft and rookie fever starts to kick in. The thing is, the picks are guaranteed to increase in value. These guys are not.
I disagree.

I just traded Coleman and a 2021 4th for Harris....meanwhile earlier in the season (when I needed help rebuilding at RB) I traded Brady for Michel and that 4th...so basically I traded Brady/Coleman for Michel/Harris....which, from a dynasty perspective is super cheap. I wouldn’t trade a 1st round pick or high 2nd for any names like these unless I was sure they could turn out to be like Turner, Thomas Jones, or Marshawn Lynch - which I think Fournette could easily be like..
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:09 pm

BellCow wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:47 am Eno Benjamin/Chase Edmonds
Benny Snell/Anthony McFarland
Ke'Shawn Vaughn
Rashaad Penny
Tarik Cohen
Gus Edwards
Joshua Kelley

Cheaper RBs to acquire and stash for 2021
Thanks this is the smart way to do it. Get a couple of low cost dart throws.

One guy I don’t think I’ve seen yet is Royce Freeman. He’s not spectacular but he’s a really solid player and could look pretty good in a good situation. He’s a FA next year and his value is pretty low, was recently dropped in one of my leagues.

Edit: I lied, fa in 2022. Could possibly be traded though before then

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:23 pm

GWA87 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 pm What is AJ Dillon going for right now? He's an interesting add, just in case GB doesn't resign Jones.
He was drafted mid season to early third in most leagues. Hard to believe anyone would sell for less than a second.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 pm

Add Joe Mixon to the list.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 pm Add Joe Mixon to the list.
Are owners selling? Is Mixon ever going to live up to his ADP? He's always been overrated and I doubt his owners will ever sell low, but who knows

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:04 pm

Pass.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:04 pm
Pass.
In my SF league the top ranked team had traded Mayfield and 2 1sts (1 mid and 1 late) for Mixon a couple weeks ago. 😬 I have since made sure to let him have it for only offering me Mayfield and 1 1st (late 1st) for Chubb. :lol:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 pm
Pass.
In my SF league the top ranked team had traded Mayfield and 2 1sts (1 mid and 1 late) for Mixon a couple weeks ago. 😬 I have since made sure to let him have it for only offering me Mayfield and 1 1st (late 1st) for Chubb. :lol:
Is there something going on with Mixon I don't know about?

Dude's going to be the bell cow back for Joe Burrow for the next 2-3 years. Someone just offered me Joe Mixon for Hunter Henry straight up (ppr not TE premium). Now would be a good time to see if the Mixon owner is panicking.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:30 am

Sriracha wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Pass.
Is there something going on with Mixon I don't know about?

Dude's going to be the bell cow back for Joe Burrow for the next 2-3 years. Someone just offered me Joe Mixon for Hunter Henry straight up (ppr not TE premium). Now would be a good time to see if the Mixon owner is panicking.
Well, that's a no brainer trade...

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:54 am

Surprised Ekeler hasn’t been mentioned yet. I’d try and get him right now before he plays again.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:49 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 am
Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:04 am

I disagree.

I just traded Coleman and a 2021 4th for Harris....meanwhile earlier in the season (when I needed help rebuilding at RB) I traded Brady for Michel and that 4th...so basically I traded Brady/Coleman for Michel/Harris....which, from a dynasty perspective is super cheap. I wouldn’t trade a 1st round pick or high 2nd for any names like these unless I was sure they could turn out to be like Turner, Thomas Jones, or Marshawn Lynch - which I think Fournette could easily be like..
Not trying to argue with you but I’m not really sure what point this proves... the fact that someone gave you Michel+ for Brady in a 1 QB league, and then Harris for Coleman+ just says to me that you got 2 good deals. It also tells me that the pick increased in value somewhat. Not sure how this means you disagree with what we were saying.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters