Taysom Hill time

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Taysom Hill time

Postby CGW » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 am

Very interesting decision by Payton. Guess he is sticking by his love of Taysom.

With that offense and his rushing, he's going to have a fantasy useable game or two. If the plan was for the saints to go to him in 2021, I don't really like using him now in a few spot starts though. Gives the league enough film to game plan against him next year.

Also, does this mean Winston still sucks?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am

I guess they want to see what they have in him as a QB. Vastly overrated player, but more of an unknown commodity at QB.

We kind of know what Jameis is at this point, and I could still see New Orleans rolling out Winston next year potentially. I'm figuring they want to know what they have in Taysom.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am I guess they want to see what they have in him as a QB. Vastly overrated player, but more of an unknown commodity at QB.

We kind of know what Jameis is at this point, and I could still see New Orleans rolling out Winston next year potentially. I'm figuring they want to know what they have in Taysom.
Half of me agrees with this, but considering how tight the NFC playoff race is, I think it's a little more than "they want to see what they have in Taysom". Who knows, maybe it says more about their confidence (or lack thereof) in Jameis.

Or maybe Payton is just overthinking things and thinks this will be some devious smokescreen when Jameis comes in for the 2nd drive of the game.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:16 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 am
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am I guess they want to see what they have in him as a QB. Vastly overrated player, but more of an unknown commodity at QB.

Half of me agrees with this, but considering how tight the NFC playoff race is, I think it's a little more than "they want to see what they have in Taysom". Who knows, maybe it says more about their confidence (or lack thereof) in Jameis.

Or maybe Payton is just overthinking things and thinks this will be some devious smokescreen when Jameis comes in for the 2nd drive of the game.
Wouldn't shock me at all. :shh:
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:25 am

I think this means they plan to game play around running the ball, RPO's, play action and getting Kamara short passes in Brees absence. Honestly (other than RPO's) it's all Brees has been capable of and they're winning behind Kamara and good defense. Winston is completely different in that he will take shots downfield and we now is penchant for turnovers. Ball control is key and they have no need to push the issue if they control possession.

I also think that the starter title might be ceremonial in this game and that it's likely we see both throughout. Unless NO gets out to an early lead that could lead to more Hill.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:26 am

I’ll believe it when I see it. His opportunities as a passer have been so limited that I’m skeptical that they are willing or able to do a full game out of read options and run game trickery. I think that odds are likely that Jameis has a role in the game. To what degree is TBD and could depend on the effectiveness that the Taysom style O shows early. It’s an interesting twist, that’s for sure. Doesn’t show favorably to Jameis though unless this is a smokescreen.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:27 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 am

I'm betting they go pretty heavy on the run this game. Will be great for Kamara if he plays. Hill's legs will prevent it from being a disaster (not that I'm saying it will be, I know nothing about him as a QB).

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:38 am

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:25 am I think this means they plan to game play around running the ball, RPO's, play action and getting Kamara short passes in Brees absence. Honestly (other than RPO's) it's all Brees has been capable of and they're winning behind Kamara and good defense. Winston is completely different in that he will take shots downfield and we now is penchant for turnovers. Ball control is key and they have no need to push the issue if they control possession.

I also think that the starter title might be ceremonial in this game and that it's likely we see both throughout. Unless NO gets out to an early lead that could lead to more Hill.
Was also thinking Taysom gives them the best chance to win given, he's been there longer and knows the offense more, they scheme around the run and not turning the ball over.

Now if they get behind and have to throw, then maybe you get James in there to start slinging it.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 am

I'm not a Taysom Hill guy, and ultimately think this won't work, but if you have the roster space, I'd absolutely add him. You never know.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:40 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 am I'm not a Taysom Hill guy, and ultimately think this won't work, but if you have the roster space, I'd absolutely add him. You never know.
Think he's got QB/TE eligibility in places which could come in handy in SF leagues or if you're strapped for TE

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:53 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:40 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 am I'm not a Taysom Hill guy, and ultimately think this won't work, but if you have the roster space, I'd absolutely add him. You never know.
Think he's got QB/TE eligibility in places which could come in handy in SF leagues or if you're strapped for TE
Correct. ESPN has already said they are keeping him at QB/TE designation for this week, and a few other sites gave him a WR designation as well.

He may not have a huge game, but considering the barren wasteland that is tight ends at the moment that's a pretty big one week bonus I'd say.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:00 am

I feel like this is more of an indictment on Winston than it is on Hill. We know that Winston is a great fantasy but terrible NFL QB with his propensity for throwing picks. I assume that Peyton has been unable to get him to improve in this. Having an entire week to install a RPO offense likely makes Peyton feel more comfortable giving Hill the start, whereas Winston got the nod when they needed to fill in for Brees the 2nd half of this past week.

If Hill has a TE designation (or anything other than a WR designation) he should be started there. If he's unowned in SF leagues he should be owned there. If he is unowned in 1QB leagues he should be owned by someone streaming or with questionable QBs.

Who knows, if he does do well in Brees' abscence, and NO doesn't have the opportunity to bring in another quality QB, maybe hill gets the nod next year as well.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:11 am

I guess I have nothing meaningful to add here except 2 funny Taysom Hill Tweets. (The second was before they extended Kamara...at the time it was ridiculous how much more Hill was making than Kamara)

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/statu ... 64?lang=en

https://twitter.com/kingjosiah54/status ... 12?lang=en

Ok...I'll admit it; not a Hill believer as a QB. Lol.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:57 am

Hill is now a QB1 for fantasy this week. We have seen time and time again what running QB's can do in fantasy. He is in a great offense vs an improving but weak defense.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 am

I am desparate in my redraft league for a win. Going back and forth between starting him or Burrow. I also have Kamara and MT, so would be an all in proposition.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts