How many QBs do you need to roster in a 1QB league?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

How many QBs do you need to roster in a 1QB league?

Postby Crouchy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:31 am

I am playing in the following league. 10 team 1QB league with 30 man rosters including DEF and Kicker and 5 IR spots. 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex

At the moment I have Stafford and Newton and I am out of the playoff picture.

- So my options are to trade for a 'stud'. Dak is available to acquire for example perhaps for Parker or for Parker plus something small.
- Pick up one in the draft - I have two firsts and three seconds. Trevor or Fields could fit with my picks.
- Stick with Cam and Stafford into 2021 and use the waiver wire if I need another option to 'stream'. There are usually 3-5 starters on waivers at anyone time. Currently on waivers Foles, Rivers, Mullens, Smith, Flacco
-Use my third QB spot as a prospect. Eason, Hurts

How many QBs do people usually roster in a deepish 1QB league and what is your general strategy, especially if you don't have a top 10QB on your roster

(And of course I know superflex would be very different)

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: How many QBs do you need to roster in a 1QB league?

Postby jwb32 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:39 am

I'm not super high on Dak, but I'd easily give up Parker for him in a rebuild. Then I'd try to move Cam for anything you can get (which is likely nothing in a 10 team). You could easily roll with Dak/Stafford for next several years.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:50 am

I would roster two QBs and would easily give up Parker for Prescott to lock up an upper tier QB.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:56 am

(1) How many QBs to roster? It depends on what QB you have. For example, there is really no reason to roster more than 1QB if you have one of the top QBs. Why? because you are never going to start one of the other ones over lets say Mahommes, Murray, Wilson etc. etc. etc.
(2) Pick up Dak? I would definintely go after DAK if all it costs you is Parker.
(3) Draft a QB? I think its perfectly fine to draft a QB. But I wouldn't want to draft them too high. Lawrence is likely worth a late first early 2nd in a 10 teamer. Fields you can likely get later.
(4) Keeping Cam and Stafford? I mean you can, its up to you. They certainly are a perfectly fine pair to have in a 10 team 1QB league.
(5) Eason or Hurts? I dont think either of these players should be rostered in a 10 team 1 QB.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:09 am

If your rebuilding and can add Dak for Parker I'd go for it. I think a lot depends on how big of a rebuild this is. If it is multi year I'd want a young stud, if you can land one of the two young qb's coming out that would be great. But too me if you can get Dak for Parker and then use all of your pics on rb / wr's that will aid in your rebuild. Dak is still young, has a ton of pieces around him.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:54 am

Added my team as my sig. I guess I will see if I can contend next year as I can't find anyone to take Henry in a trade for anything reasonable, so Dak seems like a good QB to go for and his manager is interested in trading him. And yeah, I hope to snag one of the two top RBs and then use the rest of my picks on WRs I guess.
dblj1199 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:09 am If your rebuilding and can add Dak for Parker I'd go for it. I think a lot depends on how big of a rebuild this is. If it is multi year I'd want a young stud, if you can land one of the two young qb's coming out that would be great. But too me if you can get Dak for Parker and then use all of your pics on rb / wr's that will aid in your rebuild. Dak is still young, has a ton of pieces around him.

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:55 am

jwb32 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:39 am I'm not super high on Dak, but I'd easily give up Parker for him in a rebuild. Then I'd try to move Cam for anything you can get (which is likely nothing in a 10 team). You could easily roll with Dak/Stafford for next several years.
I am waiting for Cam to have a really good game, but it hasn't happened again since the beginning of the season. I just traded away Goff and I will throw Cam out there again, but I think I will be keeping him.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 am

I would absolutely go after Dak for Parker. Even if it costs you something small on top of Parker, no biggie, I’d still do it.

I like to try to roster 2 starting level QBs in a 10 team 1QB. Not saying they both have to be weekly top 10s, but roster a 2nd QB that can slot in if your main guy gets injured or is on a bye. How many QBs you roster can also depend on how the rest of your league is rostering QBs and what options are continually available through FA. I’m not saying carry 4 QBs if a few guys are hoarding QBs, but I definitely wouldn’t want to be carrying 1 QB, have him get hurt and be stuck with no viable option to replace him.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:16 am

abloom wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:56 am (1) How many QBs to roster? It depends on what QB you have. For example, there is really no reason to roster more than 1QB if you have one of the top QBs. Why? because you are never going to start one of the other ones over lets say Mahommes, Murray, Wilson etc. etc. etc.
(2) Pick up Dak? I would definintely go after DAK if all it costs you is Parker.
(3) Draft a QB? I think its perfectly fine to draft a QB. But I wouldn't want to draft them too high. Lawrence is likely worth a late first early 2nd in a 10 teamer. Fields you can likely get later.
(4) Keeping Cam and Stafford? I mean you can, its up to you. They certainly are a perfectly fine pair to have in a 10 team 1QB league.
(5) Eason or Hurts? I dont think either of these players should be rostered in a 10 team 1 QB.
Thanks as always for the comprehensive answer! I will likely have one or two early seconds, so that could be the spot to get Lawrence - but I would be leaving it to chance. If I trade for Dak then hopefully it is sorted for 2021, of course as long as his recovery goes ok.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:34 am

I play in a 10 team 1 QB 47 man + 5 IR roster with the same starting requirements but no team DEF instead start 8 IDP and I just looked, there are 40 QBs rostered. Most teams have 3 or 4 rostered. How many are rostered in your league now, who are the top FAs? I argee with others that Dak for Parker is a solid move

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:45 am

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:34 am I play in a 10 team 1 QB 47 man + 5 IR roster with the same starting requirements but no team DEF instead start 8 IDP and I just looked, there are 40 QBs rostered. Most teams have 3 or 4 rostered. How many are rostered in your league now, who are the top FAs? I argee with others that Dak for Parker is a solid move
31 rostered right now. One guy has Kyler, Josh Allen and Russel Wilson. Must be nice!

Top FAs - Rivers, Foles, Minshew, Dalton, Flacco, Mullins, Fitzmagic

I just traded Goff away for a mid/late second. I felt good with that trade.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:37 am

It’s not really an either/or proposition. If you’re rebuilding, I would consider all three options. I’d definitely make that trade for Dak. I’d also scoop up Hurts if he’s on the waiver wire. With his “Konami code” rushing ability, he has top 5-6 upside and I wouldn’t lose any sleep dropping someone like Bryce Love, Marcus Johnson or Drew Sample to stash him and see what develops. As far as drafting a QB, that’d depend on who else is available. In a 10-team league, I’d consider Lawrence or Fields in the early 2nd, or possibly late 1st depending on landing spot, but having Dak on board would give you more flexibility in that regard.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0