Thoughts on Rest of the Season Moves and 2021?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thoughts on Rest of the Season Moves and 2021?

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:46 am

Team 1 in Sig

Currently 4-5 but only 1 game out of the playoffs and division lead (division champ goes to the playoffs for us--not looking likely though)

I had 2 1sts--one top 4 (likely 2 or 3 overall) and one likely 5-8 (likely 6) and 2 2nds

Flipped the early 1st for JK Dobbins and the later 2nd with Darnold for Tannehill basically hedging on contention vs next year but looks like contention isn't likely

Still hold the later 1st and earlier 2nd (likely 5-7 overall and 10-11 overall)

What should I do to help my team for next year? I have a treasure trove of picks for 2022 set up but wondering if I am too short on established players

Who should I look to offload or players to buy?

Thinking I go WR and QB with my top two picks after investing the early 1st I held in Dobbins but positionally I am not sure where my weakness for the future is--it might still be RB

I don't hold my own 1st (the later 1st around 5-7 is not mine) but I do have my 2nd--is it time to tank to ensure that 2nd is early? Even being one game out Tannehill, JT and AJB last night might have lost me my week and cost any chance of catching up to a playoff spot

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Thoughts on Rest of the Season Moves and 2021?

Postby M-Dub » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:07 am

FYI, it makes it a little more difficult to evaluate your team when the starters and bench players are listed separately. Maybe just group them all together like you did for team 2.

As far as ROS outlook goes, I don’t think you can realistically compete this year with that roster in an 8-team league. My initial instinct was to say don’t bother tanking to improve a 2nd, but I guess in an 8-team league, that 2nd could be as good as the 9th overall pick. Your team is super young, so I wouldn’t sell off any of your future studs. I’d probably take anything I could get for Big Ben. If someone is willing to give up a 2nd or even early 3rd for Dallas, I’d listen to that offer. If Breida flashes as the lead back in Miami, I’d try to sell him too. Otherwise, I’d just hold the course and see how things play out.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:02 am

Your team is very young and needs time to develop. I would be shopping Roethlisberger and see if there is anything to be had there on the market. Otherwise, I'm holding picks this year and next and all your young players to let your team grow. Roethlisberger heading to IR really hurts trade hopes, but maybe something comes up.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:45 am

Thoughts on these trade targets currently on the block:

Ceedee Lamb (expensive but possibly a buy low with no Dak), Henry Ruggs, Rashaad Penny (pair with Dallas in case Carson walks), Wentz, Chase Edmonds, Allen Robinson

And on moving these players (besides the obvious of Ben):

Daniel Jones, Damien Harris, TJ Hockenson (having Kittle as TE1)