Trading Fournette Away

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trading Fournette Away

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:14 pm

I'm in the midst of a full rebuild. I'm currently tearing down my whole roster and I've been accumulating young players and/or picks.

I've been offered a 2021 late first (likely 1.08-1.10) for Leonard Fournette.

If you look at my roster you'll see I literally have no other RBs who have a remote chance of a starting job next season... unless you think KeShawn Vaughn has a shot of overtaking Rojo next year.

So value wise I think the offer is fair, but in the context of my team, I'm not feeling really confident of moving him. Just not sure if the 1.8 will be a better player than Fournette, even with the uncertainty around his situation for next year.

What would you guys do?
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Trading Fournette Away

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm

it's unlikely fournette will make you a contender next season, i'd sell for that.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:22 pm

In a rebuild situation, I would take the 1st for Fournette. Nice value overall and Fournette is a risky long term asset especially in a rebuild.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:51 pm

So I shouldn't be concerned at all about having zero legitimate starting RBs going into next season? I'm trying to figure out my strategy and how this actually can make my team better.

Based on current devy rankings, RBs who are likely to be available at that spot are Cam'Ron Harris, Zamir White, Kylin Hill, Max Borghi. WRs in this range look like Rondale Moore, Seth Williams, Devonta Smith, Amon'Ra St. Brown.

I'm basing that on the top 4 RBs being gone (Etienne, Harris, Hubbard, Gainwell) and the top 3 WRs being gone (Chase, Bateman, Waddle).
I can also go QB (Lawrence) or TE (Pitts) at that spot but I probably wouldn't do that.

I know it's extremely early to tell but how confident are we that these guys will be more productive than Fournette? Also this is assuming the pick will be 1.8.

I think I know the right move based on value etc. is to make the trade, but I need someone to walk me through the logic and convince me! LOL
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:59 pm

Outside of Etienne or Harris I think you are rolling the dice on whether you are going to draft a starting RB next season. Likely not. Likewise Fournette will also be likely move teams next year and we don't know what his situation will be. Things could start looking a bit bleak for you if one of your dart throws doesn't come through but you will have an early first round pick to get a RB?

And presumably you are looking to keep 7 other people - you can only keep 7?

If so then I guess you should trade him - Of course it depends what you can get?

Curious to hear other peoples opinion

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Crouchy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:59 pm Outside of Etienne or Harris I think you are rolling the dice on whether you are going to draft a starting RB next season. Likely not. Likewise Fournette will also be likely move teams next year and we don't know what his situation will be. Things could start looking a bit bleak for you if one of your dart throws doesn't come through but you will have an early first round pick to get a RB?

And presumably you are looking to keep 7 other people - you can only keep 7?

If so then I guess you should trade him - Of course it depends what you can get?

Curious to hear other peoples opinion
Yeah-- just for some background, I had a very competitive team and I made the playoffs the last couple of years but I just couldn't get over the hump. Early this season I was top 3 in scoring through 4 games but I went 0-4. So I decided to have some fun with it and blow it up. In hindsight I may have been better suited keeping my team together and re-tooling... but what the hell, I figure we play FF to have fun so why not do it this way.

Anyway- I'm not expecting to compete next year after tearing down my whole roster, but would like to make some progress to having a legitimate keeper list for the following year.

I'll almost certainly have the 1.01 next year (and a nice toilet shaped trophy to show for it). So the way I see it, that gives me the following to build around:

Burrow
Etienne or Harris
DJ Moore
Terry Mclaurin
Courtland Sutton
Denzel Mims

Anyway.. back to this specific question. I'd love to hear more opinions on whether or not I should make this move and why.

Thanks!

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:47 pm

The 1.08-1.10? For Fournette??? Sign me up please!
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:32 pm

any chance u can move fournette to a contender for a disspointing rb like taylor ?
or a dobbins or something like that... fournette is chewing into rojo roll more and more and has an excellent playoff schedule... might be able to sell high to a contender... for a good young future piece
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:32 pm

hord wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:32 pm any chance u can move fournette to a contender for a disspointing rb like taylor ?
or a dobbins or something like that... fournette is chewing into rojo roll more and more and has an excellent playoff schedule... might be able to sell high to a contender... for a good young future piece
Yeah I wish I could do that. The guy who has JT also has Dobbins.. I approached him earlier in the season about structuring a deal centered around D. Adams for one of them+. And he turned it down. He said plans on pairing them for years to come. So I doubt Fournette moves the needle at all.

Lesman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lesman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:32 pm

jwb32 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:47 pm The 1.08-1.10? For Fournette??? Sign me up please!
Right! Smash accept! I’ve been trying to trade away Fournette all year, and can’t even get a 2nd!
12 team standard (start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: TLaw, Watson
RB: ETN, Bijan, A. Jones, AJ Dillon, Charbs, Rochon
WR: AJ Brown, ARSB, G Wilson, London, Pickens, Bateman, Mims
TE: Njoku, Kmet

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Give me a first for fournette every day. I'm tempted to try to sell him now for that even on my team that I'm trying to stay in contention.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Looks like it’s unanimous.. which is super helpful.

What would you guys suggest doing about my RB situation if I make this move? I likely won’t be drafting a startable RB at that spot.. do I flip the pick? Play a zero RB type strategy with my RB2? Should I stop thinking about this now and worry about it later??

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:18 pm

I'm taking the deal here pretty quick. First you have your 1st, now this 1st along with several 2nd rd picks. So by adding another 1st it gives you flexibility, maybe package the pick along with a 2nd to move up in the 1st, trade it for a proven player, etc, lots of options.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:22 am

I like that for Fournette in your situation.
I sold him recently for an early 21 2nd likely 2.01 or 2.02 at worst and Curtis Samuel.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:59 am

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:13 pm Looks like it’s unanimous.. which is super helpful.

What would you guys suggest doing about my RB situation if I make this move? I likely won’t be drafting a startable RB at that spot.. do I flip the pick? Play a zero RB type strategy with my RB2? Should I stop thinking about this now and worry about it later??
I would not focus on your 2021 starting lineup at this point. So much will change between now and then. (See James Robinson.)
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)