Shipping Out Lamar - Superflex

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
CattiestDust
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Shipping Out Lamar - Superflex

Postby CattiestDust » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:29 am

So we're getting to that time of the year, and I'm sitting at 5-4, 4th most points scored, but since we're a start-up the teams at 1 and 2 (pretty close to being third highest scoring) are really distancing themselves from the rest of the pack. The guy in first lost Dak, and while his team is pretty strong, he's shown interest in acquiring McKinnon all season and seems positioned to make a big push for the title this year, but he's still on that cusp of really creating the distance and has asked about my QBs before.

Looking like I might be able to get Dak and a 1st (presumably the 12th/last pick) for Lamar and McKinnon. The way our league works, first overall pick goes to the winner of the consolation bracket, so in this scenario I'd try to fall out of playoff contention and position myself pretty strong for the 1.01, as I've lost twice already by less than two points and am a lot stronger than the teams below me in the standings.

Obviously Lamar's playoff schedule is great, and I could maybe rely on him and Watson to make a title run myself if I catch some breaks, but with the class being so strong this could set me up alright, especially since I am down my 2nd and 3rd round picks this year. Also, to be honest, I'm a little concerned about Lamar longterm as a passer, while Dak feels like, despite being older, may have a longer shelf life.
Established '20
SF, .5 PPR, two W/R/T Flex

QB: L. Jackson, D. Watson, J. Goff, B. DiNucci, J. Eason
WR (2): K. Golladay, W. Fuller, T. Boyd, M. Brown, C. Kirk, P. Williams, D. Mooney, O. Zaccheaus, M. Callaway, K. Hill
RB (2): J. Conner, M. Gordon, D. Swift, R. Jones, J. McKinnon, J. Richard, R. Freeman, B. Snell, L. Bowden, R. Dowdle
TE (1): D. Goedert, I. Smith, L. Thomas, K. Warring, J. Deguara

Badgersfan222
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Shipping Out Lamar - Superflex

Postby Badgersfan222 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:45 am

The value is there. If you are a calculator guy it is in your favor getting Dak & the 1st. I would do it but I think you can squeeze out some low end player that hasn’t popped yet, like a Gabriel Davis. I would try to add one more player on the bottom as I’m sure they would do it if they are a competitor and trying to contend they need to pay up a little bit more
Team 1: 12 team, PPR, 25 Keepers
Starting Requirements:
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: D. Watson, Wentz, Hurts,
RB: J. Jacobs, Swift, C. Edmonds, D. Harris, D. Evans, L. Bowden, & J. Samuels,
WR: McLaurin, Godwin, Higgins, J. Jefferson, Sutton, T. Boyd, Aiyuk, V. Jefferson, Mims, & G. Davis
TE: M. Andrews, Fant, Irv Smith Jr, H. Bryant (cle) & D. Parham

2021 Picks: N/A
2022 Picks: 1.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 4.xx

Team 2: 12 team, PPR, 25 Keepers
Starting Requirements:
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: R. Wilson, M. Ryan, Mariota
RB: Mixon, Swift, JK Dobbins, Edmunds, Cohen, K. Johnson, Breida, S. Ahmed
WR: T. Hill, C. Ridley, Diggs, Godwin, DJM, Claypool, Reagor, Mims, Gandy-Golden, C. Johnson (Jax)
TE: Hockenson, Gesicki , H. Bryant (cle), D. Parham

2021 Picks: 2.6, 3.1, 3.2
2022 Picks: 1.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 3.xx, 4.xx,

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:14 am

The value is decent with Prescott and Jackson being close. Prescott should be fine health wise, but I would want a bit more on top just in case.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:42 pm

CattiestDust wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:29 amThe way our league works, first overall pick goes to the winner of the consolation bracket
:sick:

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:01 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:42 pm
CattiestDust wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:29 amThe way our league works, first overall pick goes to the winner of the consolation bracket
Bummer!!

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:20 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:01 pm
killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:42 pm
Bummer!!
That's a terrible set up. The bottom team will never get the top pick... I'd hate to fall to the bottom in that league. It makes rebuilding damn near impossible too.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

CattiestDust
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CattiestDust » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:27 pm

I agree, and have also brought that up, but everyone else seemed to agree that it was better that way before the season started. My ideal world is that I get the 1.01 in this Dak situation, still get to use it this year, but also am able to leverage that to change it so that consolation wins half their buy in or something and lowest team gets first pick.

To be fair, it is a start up and, while we did all try to do research, it's pretty much everyone's first dynasty league afaik, so the commish is learning as we go along with certain things as well.
Established '20
SF, .5 PPR, two W/R/T Flex

QB: L. Jackson, D. Watson, J. Goff, B. DiNucci, J. Eason
WR (2): K. Golladay, W. Fuller, T. Boyd, M. Brown, C. Kirk, P. Williams, D. Mooney, O. Zaccheaus, M. Callaway, K. Hill
RB (2): J. Conner, M. Gordon, D. Swift, R. Jones, J. McKinnon, J. Richard, R. Freeman, B. Snell, L. Bowden, R. Dowdle
TE (1): D. Goedert, I. Smith, L. Thomas, K. Warring, J. Deguara