MT for Golladay/Ronald Jones

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

MT for Golladay/Ronald Jones

Postby nicktahoes » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:46 pm

Rebuilding and have MT. I was offered Golladay and Ronald Jones. Now I am probably minimum two year from competing depending if I hit in the 21 draft with all the picks I have. But this seems a bit light for MT as we really don't know the future of Jones. Plus Golladay really isn't much younger than MY. Thoughts? Thanks
Team 1:
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Geno, Hooker, Rush
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Elijah Mitchell, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom, Irv Smith

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

CattiestDust
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: MT for Golladay/Ronald Jones

Postby CattiestDust » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:57 pm

I love Golladay, and am not a Lions fan if that means anything, but I do think that your read on the situation is correct. MT's narrative in NO right now has me a bit concerned that there's something we don't completely know and he's working his way out of town, but Golladay is older than one would expect for someone who hasn't been in the league super longer, and, personally, the back injuries in the past have me a little worried with Stafford (for the record, I'm not ready to throw the 'injury prone' label on KG) in the long term. Seems almost certain we'll see a coaching change next year. Golladay is theoretically entering his best years, but not sure I trust Detroit to make the most of those, and might be more inclined to hold MT or ask for some kind of draft compensation/add another piece to get more if possible, especially if you're not sold on RoJo as a long term piece.

Presumably KG could also be out of DET, but I do think they do what they can to retain him, as he's proven that he's capable of being a top WR in the league.
Established '20
SF, .5 PPR, two W/R/T Flex

QB: L. Jackson, D. Watson, J. Goff, B. DiNucci, J. Eason
WR (2): K. Golladay, W. Fuller, T. Boyd, M. Brown, C. Kirk, P. Williams, D. Mooney, O. Zaccheaus, M. Callaway, K. Hill
RB (2): J. Conner, M. Gordon, D. Swift, R. Jones, J. McKinnon, J. Richard, R. Freeman, B. Snell, L. Bowden, R. Dowdle
TE (1): D. Goedert, I. Smith, L. Thomas, K. Warring, J. Deguara

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:01 pm

This is not close. Rojo adds almost nothing to the deal. I like KG, but you should be getting another solid piece in addition.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:52 pm

Even as a Golladay fan, easy hold and wait for Thomas's value to rebound.

Tobin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Tobin » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:30 am

Noway I do this trade, not a fan of either KG or RoJo
TEAM 1:
12 team 6pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,1Flex,1K,1DST
QB: Fields, Jones, Flacco, Browning
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Swift, K.Williams, J.Warren, Hunt
WR: J.Jefferson, Lamb, D.Adams, Pittman, London, M.Evans, R.Moore, E.Moore
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, Dulcich, Johnson, Otton

TEAM 2:
12 team 4pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,1Flex,1K,1DST
QB: Dak, Pickett, Levis, Browning
RB: Achaine, Gibbs, Spears, Javonte, Gibson
WR: Lamb, Pittman, DJM, J.Williams, JSN, Burks, J.Dotson, E.Moore,
TE: Hockenson, Ferguso, Dulcich, Musgrave

TEAM 3:
12 team 6pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 pp1 - Superflex, TE Premium
1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 2 Flex / SFlex
QB: Burrow, Richardson, Jones, O'Connell, Zappe
RB: Gibbs, K.Williams, Dobbins, CEH, R.Johnson
WR: Lamb, Pittman, G.Wilson, M.Brown, Sutton, Burks, Z.Jones, D.Douglas, Tillman
TE: Hockenson, Kincaid, Dulcich, Musgrave, Kraft

Disaman74
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Disaman74 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:14 am

Thomas side and it’s not close in my view
12 team DYNASTY w/ 1/2 PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2FLEX, 1TE, 1DEF, 9BCH, 2IR
2020 - 2nd place
2021 - 3rd place
QB: Rodgers, Goff, stafford
RB: Swift, Henry, Akers, Hunt, Algiers, Spiller, K.Williams
WR: Hopkins, Juju, Pittman , T.Burks, J.Williams, G.Pickens, A.Robinson, Metchie
TE: Andrews,
FLEX: Etienne (RB), Cooper (WR)
DEF:
IR:

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:43 am

Not even close.

If you want Golladay production just go buy Lockett/Woods for 1/4th as much. They're only a year older and produce the same (or in Lockett's case, better).
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:08 pm

I own Thomas as well and as someone who has had to deal with OBJ and AB at times on my teams I understand the fear but its more likely than not that MT finishes ROS of season as a clear cut top 5 WR and his value instantly rebounds. Selling for a banged up Golladay and a soon to be worthless RB seems like a MAJOR sell low. Just wait, wouldn't you rather go down with the ship than panic on a WR that just had one of the best single seasons of all time?

nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Postby nicktahoes » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:44 pm

Titans95 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:08 pm I own Thomas as well and as someone who has had to deal with OBJ and AB at times on my teams I understand the fear but its more likely than not that MT finishes ROS of season as a clear cut top 5 WR and his value instantly rebounds. Selling for a banged up Golladay and a soon to be worthless RB seems like a MAJOR sell low. Just wait, wouldn't you rather go down with the ship than panic on a WR that just had one of the best single seasons of all time?
Excellent points. This particular league I am in full rebuild. Im willing to trade Thomas in order to acquire pieces to help me complete my rebuild. I feel I'm still two years away minimum. Here is where I am at in my rebuild. Key pieces only and it's superflex

QB: Mahomes and Burrow
RB: Basically nothing. KJ, Daryton Evans, McFarland, Damian Williams
WR: MT, Lamb, Reagor. Have Robbie Anderson and Cole and been trying to trade them without luck. Also have some minor guys like. Gabriel Davis, Sims, Gandy, Mooney
TE: Engram, Cook

For the 2021 draft I will be the 1.01 and have another top five pick. I have my second plus two more which will probably be bottom four in the round. Three thirds and two fourths. So I am getting there but if I can trade MT for multiple pieces I think that's better for my build.
Team 1:
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Geno, Hooker, Rush
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Elijah Mitchell, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom, Irv Smith

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:38 am

No faith in Rojo to hold that position, I am a huge Golladay fan but MT is worth more.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:30 pm

nicktahoes wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:44 pm
Titans95 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:08 pm I own Thomas as well and as someone who has had to deal with OBJ and AB at times on my teams I understand the fear but its more likely than not that MT finishes ROS of season as a clear cut top 5 WR and his value instantly rebounds. Selling for a banged up Golladay and a soon to be worthless RB seems like a MAJOR sell low. Just wait, wouldn't you rather go down with the ship than panic on a WR that just had one of the best single seasons of all time?
Excellent points. This particular league I am in full rebuild. Im willing to trade Thomas in order to acquire pieces to help me complete my rebuild. I feel I'm still two years away minimum. Here is where I am at in my rebuild. Key pieces only and it's superflex

QB: Mahomes and Burrow
RB: Basically nothing. KJ, Daryton Evans, McFarland, Damian Williams
WR: MT, Lamb, Reagor. Have Robbie Anderson and Cole and been trying to trade them without luck. Also have some minor guys like. Gabriel Davis, Sims, Gandy, Mooney
TE: Engram, Cook

For the 2021 draft I will be the 1.01 and have another top five pick. I have my second plus two more which will probably be bottom four in the round. Three thirds and two fourths. So I am getting there but if I can trade MT for multiple pieces I think that's better for my build.
I think you've got some good young pieces in Lamb and Reagor and Engram and obviously your situation is probably best in the league. I see what you're saying about trading MT for multiple pieces but I don't think Golladay and Rojo are the two pieces to trade for. I like Golladay alot but most people don't realize he's basically the same age at MT or maybe only a younger. He was very old coming into the league. He also is not a high receptions guy which bothers me, I don't see how he'll ever compete against guys getting 100+ receptions a year on a regular basis, TD's are too volatile. Rojo has potential but he constantly makes stupid mistakes putting him in the dog house and at this point don't see how he has a starting job in 2021.

I'd ride out MT the rest of the season and evaluate from there, his value will almost certainly rebound and you can see what you can get, if you aren't getting good value just hang on to him, he's still arguably WR2 overall and is only 26 years old so plenty young enough for a rebuilding team to make him a center piece.

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Neither of these pieces helps a rebuild. Very easy pass.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:44 pm

MT by a lot. That is not an attractive offer for a rebuilding team. I'd rather trade him for a mass of picks and unknowns than the Kenny G deal. RoJo is a throw-in only.
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd