Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: What's wrong with Hollywood brown?

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:54 am

here's the problem, he has a rb throwing the ball to him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:08 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:53 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:28 am
DJB wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:24 am

He weighed 166 pounds at the combine. Its 100% relevant
OK, but he's not now. I mean, Lev Bell was 230 plus pounds at the combine, but 217 once he started to dominate. He's 180 pounds now,
lmao WHAT? If that's true it's no wonder why he blows now.
LOL. Nice. I didn't bother to proof read. Hollywood is 180 pounds now. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:45 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:54 am
Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:30 am The Ravens offense has issues right now.

2019, they were Navy offense, run at you a million different ways, and take short/mid-range passes that opened up off of it.

2020, they are trying to be a play action passing team; even having Lamar do more straight drop backs. Baltimore RBs only have 18 carries per game combined right now. Dobbins has 3 carries in the last 2 games combined. Its as if they are trying to showcase that Lamar can be a passer, an ubermensch quarterback.

They need to get back to what worked in 2019, and simply add a little more downfield passing when it's available. Jab, jab, jab with the run, then use Marquise as the knockout punch when the jabs open it up. Instead, they're just pretending like they are big-swingers. It's counter-intuitive, but in my opinion, Marquise would have more success if they tried to pass a little bit less.
I think they saw that the run heavy offense is fine for the regular season but is unlikely to get them to and/or win a superbowl. I don't mind them trying to do something different. Whether Lamar and the rest of the team can pull it off is a different story though.
They need to be ready to take whatever the defense gives to them. When that calls for running misdirection against KC, run misdirection against KC. When that calls for play action against Tennessee, run play action against Tennessee. The hallmark of a great playcaller is taking advantage of a personnel or schematic matchup any week. Baltimore meanwhile is trying to do what they want to do because they want to do it, and not because its what the defense dictates.

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby zeeshan2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Ravens WR Marquise Brown expressed frustration on Twitter about his usage in the team's offense.

In a since-deleted Twitter post, Brown said "what's the point of having souljas when you never use them."
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... elers-loss

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:11 pm

zeeshan2 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:07 pm
Ravens WR Marquise Brown expressed frustration on Twitter about his usage in the team's offense.

In a since-deleted Twitter post, Brown said "what's the point of having souljas when you never use them."
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... elers-loss
Uh oh. Civil unrest.

He's got a point about not being used. But that offense is designed to be run-heavy.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm

He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
It could -be- this offense though - if they fulfilled the destiny of making him Tyreek-lite, and put him in motion pre-snap more. They're not doing nearly as much of that right now with him...

A few more jet sweeps and WR screens would surely do the trick for manufacturing him touches. They don't all have to be downfield shots, especially with Lamar's deep ball being off this year.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm
CGW wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

It could -be- this offense though - if they fulfilled the destiny of making him Tyreek-lite, and put him in motion pre-snap more. They're not doing nearly as much of that right now with him...

A few more jet sweeps and WR screens would surely do the trick for manufacturing him touches. They don't all have to be downfield shots, especially with Lamar's deep ball being off this year.
It could be, but hasn't been. They just aren't manufacturing touches for him at any consistent rate. I hope they do add him in more frequently...i'm a believer that he has the ability to be a stud.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:49 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pm
mild wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm

It could be, but hasn't been. They just aren't manufacturing touches for him at any consistent rate. I hope they do add him in more frequently...i'm a believer that he has the ability to be a stud.
I think it's still a matter of waiting at this point. Baltimore has a tough task overcoming those O-line deficiencies.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Will Hollywood Brown ever be a useful/consistent fantasy asset as a member of the Ravens?

Postby jordanzs » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Cast your vote & discuss......

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Will Hollywood Brown ever be a useful/consistent fantasy asset as a member of the Ravens?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Only if the Ravens somehow end up with a better passer. I don't think that's likely in the next few seasons.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Will Hollywood Brown ever be a useful/consistent fantasy asset as a member of the Ravens?

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:42 pm

Nope, he had his man beat deep and Lamar was late getting the ball to him and the defender easily caught up. It's happened a lot. He's also not built to go over the middle the Ravens just don't pass outside much.

As a ravens fan, I wanted DK at that spot and I just will never understand why they took Hollywood

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:42 pm

As a ravens fan, I wanted DK at that spot and I just will never understand why they took Hollywood
Likewise as a Niners fan, I wanted DK at the spot where they took Deebo. Of course Shanahan has 'his system'

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 pm

jordanzs wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:44 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:42 pm

Likewise as a Niners fan, I wanted DK at the spot where they took Deebo. Of course Shanahan has 'his system'
Especially as run first teams... I mean idk if DK is necessarily a good run blocker technique wise but being 6 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier makes you automatically better

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:23 pm

If Lamar can regain the accuracy he had last season, then yes. The Ravens offense does not look good this season and Jackson has been off on passes downfield. Not sure what more Brown's supposed to be doing.