Higgins for Sanders + 1st

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Higgins for Sanders + 1st

Postby NanceUSMC » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:17 am

So, this deal actually did get updated, and I'd like to know a couple thoughts on the completed trade...

I had thought the actual offer on the table was Sanders + a first for Higgins... That was actually not the case, and when I told him I'd pull the trigger for that price, he stated that was a bit too steep for him... I agreed that it was a steep price, but also admitted that I was very high on TH as well, and it might be best if we simply stayed put with what we have... To which he countered with:

I give: Higgins

He gives: Sanders, Jeudy and a 2022 2nd...

This is the completed trade...

I feel like Jeudy is better than anyone I would've gotten at the 1.10 (this guy looks like he's going to win it all in our league, so it'll definitely be a late first)... and the 2nd is just an added bonus... I personally feel this is better value than what was originally thought to be Sanders and a 1st...

Either way, wanted to follow up, close the loop and let everyone know the outcome...
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:24 am

NanceUSMC wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:17 am So, this deal actually did get updated, and I'd like to know a couple thoughts on the completed trade...

I had thought the actual offer on the table was Sanders + a first for Higgins... That was actually not the case, and when I told him I'd pull the trigger for that price, he stated that was a bit too steep for him... I agreed that it was a steep price, but also admitted that I was very high on TH as well, and it might be best if we simply stayed put with what we have... To which he countered with:

I give: Higgins

He gives: Sanders, Jeudy and a 2022 2nd...

This is the completed trade...

I feel like Jeudy is better than anyone I would've gotten at the 1.10 (this guy looks like he's going to win it all in our league, so it'll definitely be a late first)... and the 2nd is just an added bonus... I personally feel this is better value than what was originally thought to be Sanders and a 1st...

Either way, wanted to follow up, close the loop and let everyone know the outcome...
Great deal for you. Both Sanders and Jeudy could be argued to be more valuable than Higgins...
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:05 am

When I saw the thread title, I was like “this has to be Manny Sanders, right??” The original deal was already a smash accept. The final deal is just stupid. I guess I’ll have to take your word that this guy is the likely champion. He seems completely clueless. Congrats on the fleecing.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0