Denzel Mims official thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Denzel Mims official thread

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Shcritters wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:36 am Mims apparently on the field today doing individual drills with Gase saying ‘this is the first time I’ve seen him run routes live’.
Finally! Maybe a couple less people calling him a bust out the gate now :P

Excited to see if he plays at all Week 1 and how his season goes. But like I've said what feels like a hundred times, Mims is a true long-term dynasty play - everybody's patience level is different (even in dynasty!), and dumpster fire situations sure don't help.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:52 am

Good news - Mims sighting! And he didn't tear his hammies!

Darnold apparently looked for Mims early and often but still unsurprisingly missed him wide open a few times. In fact, I think he did all his damage in the first half.

The most interesting nugget is Gase didn't call the plays. This can only be a good thing going forward, thank the football gods.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 am

I'm looking to buy Mims in the chance that he becomes Trevor Lawrence's top target.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36 am

Excellent first half but then the offense fell apart in the second half. If they can get some protection and probably a new QB, mims could be a good target.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm

vflgladiators wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 am I'm looking to buy Mims in the chance that he becomes Trevor Lawrence's top target.
This is exactly what I’m thinking.. this offense may look very different in 2 years with the 19 picks the Jets have, plus a new GM, new coach, Lawrence at the helm, etc.
They did invest a 2nd in him so he has the capital although it will be a different regime who may not care.

Does anyone know if he profiles as an alpha? Looking at his player profile his metrics are off the charts and his comparison is Godwin. Do you guys think he can be a true 1 in the league or do you predict that they sign or draft someone?

Seems like a decent dart throw and stash to me but I would love to hear more educated perspectives.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm
vflgladiators wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 am I'm looking to buy Mims in the chance that he becomes Trevor Lawrence's top target.
This is exactly what I’m thinking.. this offense may look very different in 2 years with the 19 picks the Jets have, plus a new GM, new coach, Lawrence at the helm, etc.
They did invest a 2nd in him so he has the capital although it will be a different regime who may not care.

Does anyone know if he profiles as an alpha? Looking at his player profile his metrics are off the charts and his comparison is Godwin. Do you guys think he can be a true 1 in the league or do you predict that they sign or draft someone?

Seems like a decent dart throw and stash to me but I would love to hear more educated perspectives.
In college he ran a limited route tree, but looked good doing it. At the Senior Bowl practices, his buzz increased and there were a lot of clips out there of him dominating corners and showing he could run a more complete route tree.

He certainly has the size, speed, and athleticism people like and has some twitch as well.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm
Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm

In college he ran a limited route tree, but looked good doing it. At the Senior Bowl practices, his buzz increased and there were a lot of clips out there of him dominating corners and showing he could run a more complete route tree.

He certainly has the size, speed, and athleticism people like and has some twitch as well.
My one gripe with Mims was his game didn't seem to match his athleticism IMO, for guy that twitchy and fast he seemed to be in contested catches more often then not. Now I'm no expert and maybe his QB wasn't great etc, if he can improve his route running to get that separation as I assume that was the problem, he could definitely be an Alpha.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:25 am

AussieMate wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:48 pm My one gripe with Mims was his game didn't seem to match his athleticism IMO, for guy that twitchy and fast he seemed to be in contested catches more often then not. Now I'm no expert and maybe his QB wasn't great etc, if he can improve his route running to get that separation as I assume that was the problem, he could definitely be an Alpha.
Doesn't seem to be a problem for Air Canada. It's just one piece of the puzzle, athleticism. Look at Higgins, he's not a great athlete relatively speaking to his peers, and he's doing fine. So it goes both ways and sideways too. Analytics, metrics and stats are nice, but it's still people and organizations we're talking about, so numbers will never, ever explain hits and misses 100%.

TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm

I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm

Shcritters wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
Hopefully they do draft another WR, teams need multiple WRs these days and if they are good they help each other more than hurt each other in fantasy. Perfect first 3 picks for them would be something similar to:

1.01: Lawrence
1.xx (Seahawks): Ohio State OG Wyatt Davis
2.01: LSU WR Terrace Marshall

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:18 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm
Shcritters wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm I’m a Mims owner, but I’m concerned that even if the Jets do end up with Lawrence that there are so many good WR’s coming out next year that they are going to pull a CIN and draft a Tee Higgins with their 2.01 who may become their #1. That said, he’s got the 2nd half of the season as a tryout to be their #1 option going forward.
Hopefully they do draft another WR, teams need multiple WRs these days and if they are good they help each other more than hurt each other in fantasy. Perfect first 3 picks for them would be something similar to:

Chances they go Etinenne with 1.xx or 2.01 to pair them up

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Chances they go Etinenne with 1.xx or 2.01 to pair them up
Hopefully not, they need to address the OL, passing game weapons and D first. The last RB they invested highly in didn't turn out very well.

Also holding out hope Etienne winds up in SF, he would be a monster in that system.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:57 pm

I don't see Marshall the ideal fit. He's too similar to Mims. A faster, twitchier player would be better IMO. I think the Jets need to do more at OL and on the D before drafting a WR, personally.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:17 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:57 pm

I don't see Marshall the ideal fit. He's too similar to Mims. A faster, twitchier player would be better IMO. I think the Jets need to do more at OL and on the D before drafting a WR, personally.
Was just using a WR who is possibly going to be in that draft range, there will be plenty of options though. You're right they need defense, but they need a lot of things and they aren't going to fix it all in one offseason or one draft, it will take another draft or two. What is absolutely critical though is setting up Lawrence to succeed and develop, and they can do this by giving him a strong offensive line and quality receivers to throw to and grow with. The offense really should be the priority this offseason so they can maximize their investment in Trevor and then turn the focus more to the defense in the following drafts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:54 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:17 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:57 pm

Was just using a WR who is possibly going to be in that draft range, there will be plenty of options though. You're right they need defense, but they need a lot of things and they aren't going to fix it all in one offseason or one draft, it will take another draft or two. What is absolutely critical though is setting up Lawrence to succeed and develop, and they can do this by giving him a strong offensive line and quality receivers to throw to and grow with. The offense really should be the priority this offseason so they can maximize their investment in Trevor and then turn the focus more to the defense in the following drafts.
Yeah, I think it will be interesting to see who they add as HC. They could always sign a vet WR as opposed to drafting one. Trying to lure an A Rob or someone like Watkins rather than go with 2 inexperienced WR's like Mims and a rookie may be better for Trevor. I'd expect them to do that, assuming Lawrence is actually willing to play for the Jets. I'm not sold on that yet.

NY would be a great market for him to make a ton of cash outside of the salary he makes, but I'm sure he has a team of people, and he's a pretty strong personality, as seen by advocating for the college season, so if he doesn't want to play for the Jets, I'm sure he'll advocate for that, too. I'm really curious to see what JJ does if the Cowboys keep losing. They should be 0-6, really. If they are within striking distance of the 1.01, I could see him making a trade. Jags are still most likely with their draft capital. If Douglas could move the 1.01 for multiple firsts, 2nds etc, and still get Fields, I think he might try it. He's collecting picks with the Adams trade, they have multiple first in multiple years, so I am really curious as to what happens.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick