General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:15 am
Krypto_King wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:45 pm you guys are arguing Mike Evans vs a guy named after Chris Godwin... not worth it
The funny part is that Godwin's had a slow start as well and doesn't have the production history of Evans, but you're not going to see any one trade Godwin for Fulgham and a 2nd.
Turco is getting a little more subtle
You know, I've been wondering why he seemed so off whenever I read his stuff. That makes a lot of sense.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:50 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 am
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:15 am

The funny part is that Godwin's had a slow start as well and doesn't have the production history of Evans, but you're not going to see any one trade Godwin for Fulgham and a 2nd.
Turco is getting a little more subtle
You know, I've been wondering why he seemed so off whenever I read his stuff. That makes a lot of sense.
Please dont speak the name into existence

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:00 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:14 am Dynasty is not redraft and for anyone to even be defending this trade is silly, it was a bad trade, it just is. We all make them, it happens but this one is bad. You can argue with me if you want but there really is nothing to argue, its bad. Move on.
My argument is that its not as bad as everyone is says it is. I’m not opposing everyone as much as I am just challenging the hoard mentality. Could the deal be better? Sure, I can agree to that (and i have actually agreed to that). But for everyone here to say its a landslide without offering up any clear feedback or ideas about what else would be needed to satisfy the gap between Fulgham/2nd for Evans - thats what I’m honing in on. The discussion I’m trying to have is a very practical one. Its the unwillingness to move from the “Unquestionable Mike Evans” that is hindering the discussion. All I hear is a bunch of people crapping on the trade and beating around the bush of my questions of what could practically make the gap closer. And then misrepresenting my position so as to dismiss the questions I pose.

I dont think anybody here is crazy. I just think we are having 2 different conversations for whatever reason. :think:

Conversation some of you are having: good trade vs bad trade?

Conversation I’m having: what could have made this trade better? Where does Fulgham land on a sliding scale of rookie/sophomore WRs?
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:06 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:00 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:14 am Dynasty is not redraft and for anyone to even be defending this trade is silly, it was a bad trade, it just is. We all make them, it happens but this one is bad. You can argue with me if you want but there really is nothing to argue, its bad. Move on.
My argument is that its not as bad as everyone is says it is. I’m not opposing everyone as much as I am just challenging the hoard mentality. Could the deal be better? Sure, I can agree to that (and i have actually agreed to that). But for everyone here to say its a landslide without offering up any clear feedback or ideas about what else would be needed to satisfy the gap between Fulgham/2nd for Evans - thats what I’m honing in on. The discussion I’m trying to have is a very practical one. Its the unwillingness to move from the “Unquestionable Mike Evans” that is hindering the discussion. All I hear is a bunch of people crapping on the trade and beating around the bush of my questions of what could practically make the gap closer. And then misrepresenting my position so as to dismiss the questions I pose.

I dont think anybody here is crazy. I just think we are having 2 different conversations for whatever reason. :think:

Conversation I’m having: what could have made this trade better? Where does Fulgham land on a sliding scale of rookie/sophomore WRs?
So valuations are gonna be all over the place here because we all value Fulgham differently, i like fulgham a lot, but id say a projected top 6 pick and Fulgham for Evans would have been fair.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:10 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:06 am So valuations are gonna be all over the place here but id say s projected top 6 pick and Fulgham for Evans would have been fair
CGW wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:44 am So you want a list of things I would add to Fulgham for Evans? The list is close to endless. But to make thing simple, it's more than a 2nd. To take my personal bias out, here's a few examples of DTC values from our MFL leagues of some random assets.

Evans 22.7
Fulgham 6.7
2nd 5.0
1st 19.3
Diontae 16.7
Jeudy 17.7
Aiyuk 17.0
CGW: So from what I understand Fulgham + Diontae would be the only option based on these numbers....

PatsFan: Fulgham and an early 1st for Evans is on the table.....

Anybody else?
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:11 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:00 am

I'm not about to list out every WR drafted in the past 2 years ranked against Fulgham. You can find a ranking site you prefer for that. There's plenty above and plenty below him.

I'm pretty confident I gave a ton of reasons why this deal isn't equitable, ranging from Evans hall of fame bound stats, elite prospect metrics, elite proven NFL talent over 6 seasons, only 27 years old (2 older than fulgham) and squarely in the physical prime for most athletes. I've even given you a sample of player values from a trade calculator (which also grades Evans pretty low, fyi) so you could get an idea of how to make the trade in question more equitable.

Maybe I'm missing what you are looking for...
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:13 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:10 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:06 am So valuations are gonna be all over the place here but id say s projected top 6 pick and Fulgham for Evans would have been fair
CGW wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:44 am So you want a list of things I would add to Fulgham for Evans? The list is close to endless. But to make thing simple, it's more than a 2nd. To take my personal bias out, here's a few examples of DTC values from our MFL leagues of some random assets.

Evans 22.7
Fulgham 6.7
2nd 5.0
1st 19.3
Diontae 16.7
Jeudy 17.7
Aiyuk 17.0
CGW: So from what I understand Fulgham + Diontae would be the only option based on these numbers....

Anybody else?
Seriously? I'm done with you.

I randomly picked a few assets. I could probably list about 100 more that would qualify in the same range....the point was just showing there were a few scenarios that could make it closer.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:19 am

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:13 am

Evans 22.7
Fulgham 6.7
2nd 5.0
1st 19.3
Diontae 16.7
Jeudy 17.7
Aiyuk 17.0

Anybody else?
Seriously? I'm done with you.

I randomly picked a few assets. I could probably list about 100 more that would qualify in the same range....the point was just showing there were a few scenarios that could make it closer.
You misread me. Or maybe I didnt communicate fully. Stupid internet lol. I didnt mean those were the only options PERIOD. I meant solely based on the scenarios you presented. I didnt expect you to list 100 different possibilities.The sample you contributed here has been most helpful in adding to the progress of the conversation. Geez 😂

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:15 pm

Evans 22.7
Fulgham 6.7
2nd 5.0
1st 19.3
Diontae 16.7
Jeudy 17.7
Aiyuk 17.0

Anybody else?
I don’t like the Fulgham for Evans game. Instead I’ll send my Evans+Fulgham+2nd for Diontae+Jeudy

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:15 pm

Curious where everyone has Fulgham ranked currently. I have him at 103 overall (non-sf) in my rankings that I updated today, but am admittingly being cautious about moving him up too far, since it is a small sample size. Eagles fan though, so ive watched every snap, and he does look fantastic thus far.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:52 pm

The Parent Site of this very forum just ran an article named "Stick or Flip" and said the following in conclusion on Fulgham:
Verdict: Flip

Fulgham has exceeded all expectations, but it’s time to cash out. It’s just not likely that he continues to play on 90%+ of the offensive snaps or sees a 29% target share as he has over the past three weeks. If you can pull off a trade similar to the example below, that’s a smash accept.

Send: Fulgham
Get: Jamaal Williams, 2021 2nd

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:55 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:52 pm The Parent Site of this very forum just ran an article named "Stick or Flip" and said the following in conclusion on Fulgham:

Fulgham has exceeded all expectations, but it’s time to cash out. It’s just not likely that he continues to play on 90%+ of the offensive snaps or sees a 29% target share as he has over the past three weeks. If you can pull off a trade similar to the example below, that’s a smash accept.

Curious why you think he's going to lose snaps?

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:56 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:52 pm The Parent Site of this very forum just ran an article named "Stick or Flip" and said the following in conclusion on Fulgham:

That would be pretty lined up with where I have him ranked
Last edited by tresskid84 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:14 pm

I’d hold for that computer generated offer

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:20 pm

A bleep second and a bleep rb? No thanks.