Travis Fulgham

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Re: Travis Fulgham

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm

mild wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:05 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:01 pm I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Fulgham/2nd for Evans is a terrible deal. I get trying to be ahead of the curve, but that deal is a tremendous value hit. It's not like he's that much younger, either. 25 to Evans' 27.
I'm with you. These Fulgham truthers are frickin nuts, and that Evans deal is god-awful.

Sure, let's sell a 6x Pro Bowler with 6x 1000 yard seasons who is clearly playing hurt for a 6th round WR whose already been cut by two teams - and is only popping because everyone else on his team is dead or injured. What's that, he's already 25 and had done nothing in his career prior to this point? Oh man, EVEN BETTER... where do I sign up...

This is dynasty... Chess, not Checkers... no doubt I'll be told to stop living in the past... I say stop being a prisoner of the moment.
I don’t think it’s about living too much in the past or being too much in the moment....I think there’s just a lack of vision for the future. Fulghams is clearly beginning to shine....Evans has been bright in the past, no doubt. And I believe he can still be absolutely solid....but to say you’re not concerned with Evans value and production dimming would be negligent. It’s funny how many people are quick to point out how DJax and Alshon would impact Fulghams future....but then when the Bucs add Gronk and AB nobody raises an eyebrow. :wtf: I get what people are saying “Hold onto Evans until you can get more”...but if you specifically wanted Fulgham, waiting might be costly. I just don’t see too much more that could be added to this deal. Maybe another pick?

SIDEBAR | Its also interesting to hear people on the OTHER SIDE of the 2nd round pick in this discussion. Now all of a sudden that pick isn’t so great :lol:

Bottom Line | Oh how easy we forget that once upon a time in 2010 Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder who in his first season sat behind the likes of Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, and Antwaan Randle El and started 0 games. In fact, it wasn’t until 2013 that AB really began to shine as a bonafide stud. This nonsense about Fulgham being a 6th rounder, being cut, and having not produced until midway through his 2nd season on a 3rd team doesn’t warrant the amount of doubt being cast on him right now considering the situation and the unprecedented level of production that has come from the change in scenery. You gotta have vision 🤩

Just my 2 cents.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Fulham is beginning to shine, meanwhile Evans is still in his prime, and on a HOF type pace with numbers. Fulgham has had a few good games, and is 25. The two profiles aren't in the same ballpark. It's not really close, IMO. One is/ has been a top talent, the other isn't. Don't need "vision" to see that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:05 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:42 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:57 pm
davidxhorn wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:25 pm Hi. I have watched him a lot. He is very good. He pops on tape this year. Super smooth in every aspect. I actually just got him + a 2nd for Mike Evans and am happy about it. I think my trade was more of a gamble on this week in particular: if Evans gets 5-6 targets again and turns in another non-startable game with Godwin out, and Fulgham gets 10+ targets again, the trade might not be able to happen next week. I have lost confidence in Evans since early last year, and like to have "fresh meat" To the new Evans owner: enjoy.
Big time gamble. Feels like you could've got Fulgham for a lot less, but hey you got your guy.
I don’t think a savvy owner would trade for less. If I were trading Fulgham I don’t even think it would even be feasible to trade Fulgham in a deal for Evans right now. Ones value and role is rising and the others vale and role are falling. It’s risky, but it’s one of those deals that by the time it’s not, the opportunity is gone.
:wtf: We're talking re-draft, right? In all seriousness, Evans has had more or as many 1000 yard seasons as Fulgham has had good games by his age (If you want to count 2 for 57 and a TD as good). The talents really aren't that close, Fulgham is situational based production, much more. If Evans was put in his situation, with that amount of targets, he'd be balling. To base a trade like that or a short terms situation, as a long term outlook isn't "savvy" to me. Fulgham isn't on the level of talent Evans is.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 pm Fulham beginning to shine, meanwhile Evans is still in his prime, and on a HOF type pace with numbers. Fulgham has had a few good games, and is 25. The two profiles aren't in the same ballpark. It's not really close, IMO. One is/ has been a top talent, the other isn't. Don't need "vision" to see that.
Evans IS currently a top talent, who WAS on a HOF type pace before his situation changed and became cloudy and convoluted. Let’s be really clear....He isnt and has never been Julio/Mike Thomas/Nuk/Adams....and he certainly won’t be this year. His prime is currently being spent on a team saturated with talent looking to WIN. To see that and be unchanged would, again, be negligible and honestly, quite stubborn. This is shaping up to be the worst season statistically of his career and that is very clear as he already has 3 games with 10 yards or less....that is unheard of for a player of his track record. If you look through his career game log this has NEVER happened. If you’re not worried...I tip my hat to you. But this looks bad for his fantasy stats and personally I’m selling. Not because I dont believe in his talent, but because I no longer trust his situation. This isnt the Brady/Moss connection. Its more like Jamarcus/Moss. I would maybe advocate for trying to squeeze an extra pick in that deal for Fulgham. But I’d rather make that deal while the window is there personally - again...just my opinion. I am also an Eagles fan so I’m not backing down from this until I see Evans return to steady production. :snooty:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:53 pm

And Fulgham is in a transient situation that could change at any moment. Evans is a proven stud who is only 2 years older. It's just bad process if you won't trade Fulgham for him straight up.

Also your overemphasis on current situation feels super redraft-y. This is dynasty...it's one thing if you want to sell, but you should get someone with more proven/insulated value than Fulgham.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:08 pm

https://www.fantraxhq.com/week-8-fantas ... and-sells/

Interesting that both Evans and Fulgham are discussed. Also links to a Twitter poll where 66% preferred Fulgham over Evans for this year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:09 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm I don’t think it’s about living too much in the past or being too much in the moment....I think there’s just a lack of vision for the future. Fulghams is clearly beginning to shine....Evans has been bright in the past, no doubt. And I believe he can still be absolutely solid....but to say you’re not concerned with Evans value and production dimming would be negligent...
You're out of your mind.

"Vision for the future" is exactly why someone should be holding Evans through this rough patch.

It's also why someone should be looking to cash in on Fulgham whilst his value is as high as it's ever (!!) been.

I honestly don't know why I bother.

davidxhorn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby davidxhorn » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:19 pm

I wouldn't even call myself a Fulgham truther. Just a gambler that likes what he sees in the flash on one side of the deal, and has grown tired of Mike Evans on the other. Fulgham looks good. He just does. He got his OPPORTUNITY from situation, but you're a fool if you think Alshon is anything but a ghost, Djax sticks around, JJAW materializes, etc. If I watch tape on a player and he pops, and I look around and he is getting 10-15 targets every game and looking smooth as hell doing it, and the only competition for the WR1 spot is... an Alshon Jeffrey that has played like 4 games in 2 years and on his way out? C'mon, man.

On the Evans side... I admit Fulgham does not equal the perceived value of Evans. Evans has been hot, no doubt, if you look from afar. But closer up, he is just 'meh' to me, especially lately. Since the beginning of the 2019 season, he has more 10 or less point games in 0.5 PPR (10) than games with 20+ (4). 5 out of 23 games, he has gone over 100 yards receiving. He scored 40% of his fantasy points (108.3 out of 279.5) in only 3 of those 23 games. And that was with Winston throwing the ball like a maniac for 5000+ yards. From my perspective, his arrow is pointing down. Like, with a meteor.

So here are the possible outcomes: Fulgham materializes and shows continued growth improvement (I feel it in my jellies, which are coincidentally a lot of how I play dynasty), and finishes this year at the current pace, which on a per game basis is on par with Thielen, DK, AJB, Hopkins, and Ridley. Evans continues on his per game clip, which is close to Cole Beasley, Aiyuk, Emmanuel Sanders. Cool, I am in a better spot to win the championship, AND I got a 2nd to put myself in that position! OR, the other scenario happens, where Jeffrey comes back, and Fulgham fizzles out, moving to a rotational role on the Eagles while Evans becomes fully healed, and puts his career back on track, looking more like 2018 Evans than 2019 Evans. That sucks, I'll have to use Jamison Crowder as my WR2.

It truly is a gamble, and I sent out about 8 offers that included Evans for things like Carr + 1st, Ceedee + 2nd, 1st + 3rd, and was shot down on all of them. I'm 5-2 and a division leader, and I would rather make the play of aggression and go for it rather than be stuck with what amounts to an overvalued 12 ppg WR2 that costs me games because he isn't as good as he is supposed to be. Some would call that savvy. Some call it dumb. Pick a side, I'll let you know how it ends up.
Team 1 - 10 Team 0.5 PPR SuperFlex 27-man(2018 Champ)
Start 1x QB, 2x RB, 2x WR, 1x TE, 2x FLEX, 1x SF

QB: Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trubisky
RB: Mixon, Henry, CEH, Darrell Henderson, Ronald Jones, Nyheim Hines
WR: Amari Cooper, Courtland Sutton, Tyler Boyd, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Sammy Watkins, Robbie Anderson, Anthony Miller, Travis Fulgham
TE: Engram, Jonnu Smith
2021 Draft Picks: 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.10, 2.02, 2.03

Team 2 - 12 Team 0.5 PPR 40-man(2018 + 2019 Champ)
1x QB, 3x RB, 3x WR, 1x TE, 1x FLEX, 1x SF

QB: Minshew, Bridgewater, Daniel Jones
RB: Ronald Jones, Conner, Gurley, Mike Davis, Deandre Swift
WR: Courtland Sutton, Sterling Shepard, Curtis Samuel, Tyler Boyd, Anthony Miller, Preston Williams
TE: Kelce, Ebron, Jonnu Smith
2021 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.12, 1x 2nd Rounder

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:19 pm

In a redraft scenario I could see an Evans-Fulgham deal. This is dynasty though noone seems to be arguing about Evans being a top end talent just his situation. Situation will work itself within the next year or 2 and the talent will still be there. While Fulgham looks good I don't think he's anywhere in the conversation of a HOF level talent like Evans. I like the Fulgham-Gallup deal I saw someone say they did in here. I went and offered Gallup for Fulgham+a 3rd after I saw that one.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:45 pm

you guys are arguing Mike Evans vs a guy named after Chris Godwin... not worth it

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:16 pm

davidxhorn wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:19 pm I wouldn't even call myself a Fulgham truther. Just a gambler that likes what he sees in the flash on one side of the deal, and has grown tired of Mike Evans on the other. Fulgham looks good. He just does. He got his OPPORTUNITY from situation, but you're a fool if you think Alshon is anything but a ghost, Djax sticks around, JJAW materializes, etc. If I watch tape on a player and he pops, and I look around and he is getting 10-15 targets every game and looking smooth as hell doing it, and the only competition for the WR1 spot is... an Alshon Jeffrey that has played like 4 games in 2 years and on his way out? C'mon, man.

On the Evans side... I admit Fulgham does not equal the perceived value of Evans. Evans has been hot, no doubt, if you look from afar. But closer up, he is just 'meh' to me, especially lately. Since the beginning of the 2019 season, he has more 10 or less point games in 0.5 PPR (10) than games with 20+ (4). 5 out of 23 games, he has gone over 100 yards receiving. He scored 40% of his fantasy points (108.3 out of 279.5) in only 3 of those 23 games. And that was with Winston throwing the ball like a maniac for 5000+ yards. From my perspective, his arrow is pointing down. Like, with a meteor.

So here are the possible outcomes: Fulgham materializes and shows continued growth improvement (I feel it in my jellies, which are coincidentally a lot of how I play dynasty), and finishes this year at the current pace, which on a per game basis is on par with Thielen, DK, AJB, Hopkins, and Ridley. Evans continues on his per game clip, which is close to Cole Beasley, Aiyuk, Emmanuel Sanders. Cool, I am in a better spot to win the championship, AND I got a 2nd to put myself in that position! OR, the other scenario happens, where Jeffrey comes back, and Fulgham fizzles out, moving to a rotational role on the Eagles while Evans becomes fully healed, and puts his career back on track, looking more like 2018 Evans than 2019 Evans. That sucks, I'll have to use Jamison Crowder as my WR2.

It truly is a gamble, and I sent out about 8 offers that included Evans for things like Carr + 1st, Ceedee + 2nd, 1st + 3rd, and was shot down on all of them. I'm 5-2 and a division leader, and I would rather make the play of aggression and go for it rather than be stuck with what amounts to an overvalued 12 ppg WR2 that costs me games because he isn't as good as he is supposed to be. Some would call that savvy. Some call it dumb. Pick a side, I'll let you know how it ends up.
I don't consider Jeffrey the primary threat. This analysis ignores the fact both Ertz and Goedert are out, as well as Raegor. The TEs coming back this year are the bigger concern. Beyond this year, there's the possibility the Eagles bring in additional players,especially with the risk they trade guys like Ertz and/or Jeffrey.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:16 pm
davidxhorn wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:19 pm I wouldn't even call myself a Fulgham truther. Just a gambler that likes what he sees in the flash on one side of the deal, and has grown tired of Mike Evans on the other. Fulgham looks good. He just does. He got his OPPORTUNITY from situation, but you're a fool if you think Alshon is anything but a ghost, Djax sticks around, JJAW materializes, etc. If I watch tape on a player and he pops, and I look around and he is getting 10-15 targets every game and looking smooth as hell doing it, and the only competition for the WR1 spot is... an Alshon Jeffrey that has played like 4 games in 2 years and on his way out? C'mon, man.

I don't consider Jeffrey the primary threat. This analysis ignores the fact both Ertz and Goedert are out, as well as Raegor. The TEs coming back this year are the bigger concern. Beyond this year, there's the possibility the Eagles bring in additional players,especially with the risk they trade guys like Ertz and/or Jeffrey.
Supposedly the Packers and Ravens were interested in Ertz before he got injured.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:27 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 pm Fulham beginning to shine, meanwhile Evans is still in his prime, and on a HOF type pace with numbers. Fulgham has had a few good games, and is 25. The two profiles aren't in the same ballpark. It's not really close, IMO. One is/ has been a top talent, the other isn't. Don't need "vision" to see that.
Evans IS currently a top talent, who WAS on a HOF type pace before his situation changed and became cloudy and convoluted. Let’s be really clear....He isnt and has never been Julio/Mike Thomas/Nuk/Adams....and he certainly won’t be this year. His prime is currently being spent on a team saturated with talent looking to WIN. To see that and be unchanged would, again, be negligible and honestly, quite stubborn. This is shaping up to be the worst season statistically of his career and that is very clear as he already has 3 games with 10 yards or less....that is unheard of for a player of his track record. If you look through his career game log this has NEVER happened. If you’re not worried...I tip my hat to you. But this looks bad for his fantasy stats and personally I’m selling. Not because I dont believe in his talent, but because I no longer trust his situation. This isnt the Brady/Moss connection. Its more like Jamarcus/Moss. I would maybe advocate for trying to squeeze an extra pick in that deal for Fulgham. But I’d rather make that deal while the window is there personally - again...just my opinion. I am also an Eagles fan so I’m not backing down from this until I see Evans return to steady production. :snooty:
This is well said, and why I never had Evans in the top tier of WRs despite his track record.

I’d still have him quite a bit ahead of Fulgham (and I like Fulgahm).

He may not be the HoF talent some people wanted to label him but he is a proven talent who would be the #1 WR on q lot of teams.... I’m not there yet at Fulgahm and I certainly want to see how he looks after Reagor joins the lineup.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:48 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:27 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 pm
This is well said, and why I never had Evans in the top tier of WRs despite his track record.

I’d still have him quite a bit ahead of Fulgham (and I like Fulgahm).

He may not be the HoF talent some people wanted to label him but he is a proven talent who would be the #1 WR on q lot of teams.... I’m not there yet at Fulgahm and I certainly want to see how he looks after Reagor joins the lineup.
Really don't think Reagor's return will adversely impact Fulgham too much. Much more interested in Goedert's- another short/intermediate weapon.

An additional layer in this is the oline. Will a better, less injured, one help Wentz attack downfield more often and stopping these dump offs and 50-50 balls?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:47 am

The list of WRs better than Evans is short (and very debatable):
Julio/MT/Hopkins? Hill/Godwin/Adams/some of the young guys are probably on-par with him.

The list of WRs better than Fulgham is very long, not worth listing. He's been waived three times in the last two months and only got a shot now because the Eagles are missing basically their whole receiver and TE room. Optimism is fine, but let's not forget how we got here.

Yes, he's looked solid and probably earned some sort of job even when target competition comes back. Doesn't make him worth Evans. If you own him, be happy about your free waiver claim. No need to push this narrative.

I understand trying to be ahead of the curve and selling old studs for younger guys. I'm not even that optimistic about Evans' long-term prospects. Who knows when he breaks down and he's got Godwin and now AB competing with him. Fulgham just isn't the right "young guy" to buy. He's only two years younger and could very easily be without a role in a month.