WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:31 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:28 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:32 pm So what you guys are saying is I should trade Jeudy for Patrick, Reagor for Fulgham and maybe Ruggs for Agholor
Noone said this. This started when I said Jeudy- Not as advertised. That's it, because no he doesn't look NFL ready like predicted. Him and Lamb were the guys expected to produce from day 1. Could things turn around? Absolutely they could this is his 1st season playing and a lot of guys don't breakout until year 2 or 3. I was just stating that Jeudy being NFL ready right off the bat was not an accurate assessment coming into the season based on what we know now.
This exactly
Also if over the next 3-4 weeks when ruggs and raegor are healthy if they are made an afterthought for fulgham and agholor and really struggle. Do you not think that would be a fairly sizeable knock on them and should be looked at?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:31 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:32 pm So what you guys are saying is I should trade Jeudy for Patrick, Reagor for Fulgham and maybe Ruggs for Agholor
Noone said this. This started when I said Jeudy- Not as advertised. That's it, because no he doesn't look NFL ready like predicted. Him and Lamb were the guys expected to produce from day 1. Could things turn around? Absolutely they could this is his 1st season playing and a lot of guys don't breakout until year 2 or 3. I was just stating that Jeudy being NFL ready right off the bat was not an accurate assessment coming into the season based on what we know now.
This exactly
Also if over the next 3-4 weeks when ruggs and raegor are healthy if they are made an afterthought for fulgham and agholor and really struggle. Do you not think that would be a fairly sizeable knock on them and should be looked at?
Yeap, that's going to be an indictment on these guys if that's the case. Not the nail in the coffin, but, like with Jeudy there's going to be a dark cloud hovering over their future potential.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 pm

This exactly
For sure. Context does matter though, my personal take on Ruggs is that he's going to have blowup games and duds. Much like Mike Williams and TY Hilton. All 3 are good receivers, but frustrating for fantasy. Reagor is in a weird spot as well with Fulgham. I think any of these 3 outproducing the rookie should be looked into.

Coming into this season though
Agholor was seen as a WR3 level talent for his team
Patrick was seen as someone who probably would be out of the NFL within a year or 2
Noone knew who Fulgham was

I think Patrick and Fulgham have both proven they aren't what we thought they were. More context- Patrick plays a different role and should not affect Jeudy much at all. I'm not sure where Ruggs and Reagor have been playing but I think it's on the outside.

All 3 of these guys are firmly behind Lamb, Jefferson, Claypool and Higgins for me at this point.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:25 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 pm

This exactly
For sure. Context does matter though, my personal take on Ruggs is that he's going to have blowup games and duds. Much like Mike Williams and TY Hilton. All 3 are good receivers, but frustrating for fantasy. Reagor is in a weird spot as well with Fulgham. I think any of these 3 outproducing the rookie should be looked into.

Coming into this season though
Agholor was seen as a WR3 level talent for his team
Patrick was seen as someone who probably would be out of the NFL within a year or 2
Noone knew who Fulgham was

I think Patrick and Fulgham have both proven they aren't what we thought they were. More context- Patrick plays a different role and should not affect Jeudy much at all. I'm not sure where Ruggs and Reagor have been playing but I think it's on the outside.

All 3 of these guys are firmly behind Lamb, Jefferson, Claypool and Higgins for me at this point.
Both Ruggs and Reagor are outside receivers, haven't seen a lot of Reagor this season obviously. Would be smart for both teams to move them both around a bit and take advantage of the slot role occasionally. I'd like to see both Reagor and Ruggs get used a bit on sweeps and out of the backfield as I think they will both exceed with he ball in their hands, kind of like how Chiefs used Hill in his first year.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Jeudy will be fine from what I've seen. It took several years for DHop to be DHop. We cant expect these WRs to come out of the gate firing on all cylinders. There will be highs and there will be lows.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:38 pm

Update for week 7;

90%----(67+ Rookie Reception Yards per Game)
Jefferson [90]
Lamb [71]

47%----(57-66 Rookie Reception Yards per Game)
Higgins [59]

28%----(47-56 Rookie Reception Yards per Game)
Claypool [56]
Ruggs [53]
Reagor [48]
Jeudy [48]
Aiyuk [47]

--------------------

5-10%
Shenault [46]
Mims [42]
Mooney [34]
Edwards [33]
G. Davis [29]
Hamler [26]
Callaway [25]
Cephus [24]
Pittman Jr. [24]
J. Hightower [24]

It should be worth mentioning that Shenault has a bunch of receptions (29), even if you don't hit the YPG mark I believe 50+ receptions bumps you up to 28% and 60+ bumps you up to 42%.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:05 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:38 pm Update for week 7;

90%----(67+ Rookie Reception Yards per Game)
Jefferson [90]
Lamb [71]

47%----(57-66 Rookie Reception Yards per Game)
Higgins [59]
Claypool [56]

28%----(47-56 Rookie Reception Yards per Game)
Ruggs [53]
Reagor [48]
Jeudy [48]
Aiyuk [47]

--------------------

5-10%
Shenault [46]
Mims [42]
Mooney [34]
Edwards [33]
G. Davis [29]
Hamler [26]
Callaway [25]
Cephus [24]
Pittman Jr. [24]
J. Hightower [24]

It should be worth mentioning that Shenault has a bunch of receptions (29), even if you don't hit the YPG mark I believe 50+ receptions bumps you up to 28% and 60+ bumps you up to 42%.
Thanks for the update and this has been interesting to track on a weekly basis. Shouldn’t Claypool be leading the tier below though? He looks to be just shy of the 57-66 category at 56.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 pm

Uh whoops I’ll have to double check that

Edit: yeah fixed it :shh:

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm

This exactly
Yeap, that's going to be an indictment on these guys if that's the case. Not the nail in the coffin, but, like with Jeudy there's going to be a dark cloud hovering over their future potential.
Just for a bit of context, Davante Adams failed to eclipse 500 yards in his first two seasons playing with a great quarterback. Dynasty football is a game of patience.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:42 pm Just for a bit of context, Davante Adams failed to eclipse 500 yards in his first two seasons playing with a great quarterback. Dynasty football is a game of patience.
I remember his first couple years being hugely disappointing. Topped only by my disappointment since trading him.

Call it whatever you want - patience, luck, a guessing game - bottom line, we're both wrong and right about guys all the time.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:44 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:42 pm Just for a bit of context, Davante Adams failed to eclipse 500 yards in his first two seasons playing with a great quarterback. Dynasty football is a game of patience.
This is one resource of many. While this isn't the end all be all it should give you insights. Context is important as Davante Adams had 2 solid vets in front of him both seasons in Nelson/Cobb and James Jones/Cobb. The rookie that is in the most similar situation this season is Gabe Davis as he has not only 2 but 3 solid vets there in front of him. Claypool is probably in a similar spot too. Do of that what you will.

I just don't see how seeing this upsets people and makes them point out every player who didn't perform well right away. These odds are not opinions and they don't really care about how anyone feels about them. This is a nice resource for everyone.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:33 am

jjleurquin wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:44 pm
This is one resource of many. While this isn't the end all be all it should give you insights. Context is important as Davante Adams had 2 solid vets in front of him both seasons in Nelson/Cobb and James Jones/Cobb. The rookie that is in the most similar situation this season is Gabe Davis as he has not only 2 but 3 solid vets there in front of him. Claypool is probably in a similar spot too. Do of that what you will.

I just don't see how seeing this upsets people and makes them point out every player who didn't perform well right away. These odds are not opinions and they don't really care about how anyone feels about them. This is a nice resource for everyone.
Also for every davanta adams there's a dozen guys who just plain and simple don't turn into everything. Sure a guy whos irrelevant for two years could turn into the top wr in the league or he could just be a teams wr4 for the rest of his career, one of thems a lot more likely.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 am

Agree with the sentiment here but its important to note these are not ODDS. They are recent results. Big difference.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:40 am

skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 am

Agree with the sentiment here but its important to note these are not ODDS. They are recent results. Big difference.
When you group the rookies based on their stats and put a % on them hitting 1k seasons in the future, you just turned it into a probability exercise. Which is almost synonymous with oddsmaking.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:28 am

skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 am

Yep. This is my problem with the analytics crowd, they do the same thing with dominator rating + draft capital. Past results are not indicative of future performance. You can’t just take X% results and attribute that as the odds of the same thing occuring in the future. That’s not how statistics work.

The boxes these players are being put in are not odds of future performance, they are the historical results of different players given selected variables. The “odds” for current players looking forward are unique for each player/individual given their specific circumstances.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x