OBJ torn ACL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: OBJ torn ACL

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:02 pm

He's days away from turning 28. Who knows if he comes back strong from this ACL year... I doubt it... and then you're staring at a guy who hasn't produced since he was in NY (2018) and is 30 years old on a new team most likely. I'm sure his name will always hold value, but it's fading fast with age

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:04 pm

Man, what a shame. I know he has his fair share of doubters, but there's no denying that his first few years in the NFL put him on a career trajectory that very few players have ever been on. Seems like that was forever ago, but his Rookie season was one of the all-time greats, and then he put some unbelievable numbers in a horrible offense with horrible QB play.

Really surprising to see what happened to his production in Cleveland. Hope he can come back from this injury.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:12 pm

Anyone else getting Dez Bryant vibes? Some people will say don't sell low, but I think his value is going to continue down. I'm projecting him to be valued near Jamison Crowder preseason next year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:16 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:12 pm Anyone else getting Dez Bryant vibes? Some people will say don't sell low, but I think his value is going to continue down. I'm projecting him to be valued near Jamison Crowder preseason next year.
I'd take any first I could get. Even add third back to get it done, if I had him. He'll be 29 in season next year, coming off an ACL tear. I'd be surprised if anyone would pay a first right now. Dez wasn't a separator, he was a bully ball type player, but I don't really know what to expect from OBJ. Manny Sanders type career in his early 30's sees like the best you can hope for, I guess. A number 2 who can get some yards playing vs secondary corners and softer coverage due to another WR commanding more attention.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:12 pm Anyone else getting Dez Bryant vibes? Some people will say don't sell low, but I think his value is going to continue down. I'm projecting him to be valued near Jamison Crowder preseason next year.
It's possible, but the achilles tear is what ultimately finished Dez. ACL injuries have become fairly common and easier to return to full health and production from.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:25 pm

He was ppg WR27 w/ a 38 point game and you wish you didn't start him the other 5/6 games. If healthy, age 29 season back in that same situation. Any 1st is great. A 2nd + another asset feels gross but might be the line.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:33 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 pm
It's possible, but the achilles tear is what ultimately finished Dez. ACL injuries have become fairly common and easier to return to full health and production from.
Yes, but OBJ already wasn't playing the way we'd liked him to before this. I was high on him in the offseason, he has been a dissapointment and no I don't think it's because of Baker. When he left it was almost like a weight lifted off Baker's shoulder.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:55 am

jjleurquin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:33 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:21 pm
Yes, but OBJ already wasn't playing the way we'd liked him to before this. I was high on him in the offseason, he has been a dissapointment and no I don't think it's because of Baker. When he left it was almost like a weight lifted off Baker's shoulder.
He at least hasn't been peppered with targets as Eli did.
I haven't seen any games with CLE, but I have read that OBJ still gets open - Baker simply can't connect with him or make a quality throw, which is ironical as OBJ gets injured on a play that Baker throws an INT in OBJs direction.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:33 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:02 pm He's days away from turning 28. Who knows if he comes back strong from this ACL year... I doubt it... and then you're staring at a guy who hasn't produced since he was in NY (2018) and is 30 years old on a new team most likely. I'm sure his name will always hold value, but it's fading fast with age
While I agree his value is plummeting, I am confused - how is he going to age 2.5 years in one year? :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:36 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:33 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:02 pm He's days away from turning 28. Who knows if he comes back strong from this ACL year... I doubt it... and then you're staring at a guy who hasn't produced since he was in NY (2018) and is 30 years old on a new team most likely. I'm sure his name will always hold value, but it's fading fast with age
While I agree his value is plummeting, I am confused - how is he going to age 2.5 years in one year? :lol:
I think he's talking when he's done in Cleveland, as the Browns still have him for another year before they can get out without quite a dead cap hit.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:29 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:33 am
He's 28 in a few days (that's not .5 years)
I said I doubt he comes back strong next year. (He'd be 29)
Then he's 30 during the next year.

Not to say he can't produce at 30, I bet he might do well, given situation. However, at that point it's 2022 and he's 4 years removed from a great season. People start to devalue WR around his current age. See Julio, AJ Green of previous years and most recently Hopkins. Just saying that a sell low now, might be worth it given when he might actually produce again and what his future value would be.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm

I'd feel obligated to pay a 2nd but would hate it. Wouldn't pay a 1st. Extremely frustrating guy to own considering his talent and what we know he can do.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:17 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:29 pm He's 28 in a few days (that's not .5 years)
I said I doubt he comes back strong next year. (He'd be 29)
Then he's 30 during the next year.
This is a fair and correct timeline. Nobody is great coming back from an ACL straight away either - I think the age 30 season will be the closest we get to seeing a full-strength Odell again... and that's -if- everything goes right with him from this point onward.

I wouldn't even send the 2nd, personally.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:09 pm

No one is going to sell for a 2, and apparently no one wants to buy for a 1. So this guy is a hold.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 pm

I had no interest in trading a 1st for him pre injury, given his current situation. I can't imagine he'll ever be worth a 1st post injury.
He's a loser, always has been, always will be. No good team, with a high powered offense, will want his ego as a second tier WR, and no bad team will be able to support him to top 20 WR production. He's done football and fantasy wise.
Antonio Brown is and will be worth more than this guy (he is a jerk, but he is no loser on the football field).