Antonio Gibson Rocket Ship - Round 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:53 am

failblazer wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:42 am
skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:06 am Its really not a complicated offense for running backs to understand, so this whole "he's raw" thing is overblown IMO.

Hes losing touches to McKissick because his blocking needs to get better and also because the former has been pretty solid. Hopefully at some point he'll take on a bigger role but, even if he doesn't, he has weekly RB2 upside.

He pops on tape, both in the run and pass game. He's good in redzone and can find the end zone. He has the size and all the traits needed to blossom into a real contributer- just needs some time. The real key will be what happens with the rest of the offensive personnel in the offseason. I don't see the Skins replacing him with so many holes to plug, so if the rest of the offense improves, especially at QB, he could ascend to top 10-15 status as soon as next season. That is what you are buying right now. It may never fully pan out but there's just not a lot of young, talented RBs out there with the opportunity that he has that can be had as cheaply.

I think hes a strong buy right now, especially with a couple so so weeks when lots of people were predicting a breakout.
What would you consider a good buying price right now? A 2nd?
I just gave a 2nd + Akers in a league where I had a surplus of picks. I've devalued Akers a lot since May when our rookie draft occurred.

They might bring in a vet to compete with him next year but I sure don't see the Skins spending much money on it or drafting a guy in the first 4 rounds.

He looks far better as a runner than some folks in here are saying. He has the wiggle that adds an extra yard or two on tough runs and has showed a ton of burst and pure speed. And again, the running scheme is not all that complex. His receiving chops are excellent.

He's definitely not a sure thing but I'm saying there's a decent floor right now, a big ceiling, and tons of opportunity in front of him. IMO hes probably the best RB trade target if you're looking for potential growth vs cost to acquire. And yes I'm a Skins fan but I generally avoid their players as much as possible.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:57 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:53 am
I just gave a 2nd + Akers in a league where I had a surplus of picks. I've devalued Akers a lot since May when our rookie draft occurred.

They might bring in a vet to compete with him next year but I sure don't see the Skins spending much money on it or drafting a guy in the first 4 rounds.

He looks far better as a runner than some folks in here are saying. He has the wiggle that adds an extra yard or two on tough runs and has showed a ton of burst and pure speed. And again, the running scheme is not all that complex. His receiving chops are excellent.

He's definitely not a sure thing but I'm saying there's a decent floor right now, a big ceiling, and tons of opportunity in front of him. IMO hes probably the best RB trade target if you're looking for potential growth vs cost to acquire. And yes I'm a Skins fan but I generally avoid their players as much as possible.
:shock:

Were you selling Swift last week when he was getting benched by Peterson and Kerryon Johnson and are you selling Dobbins after BAL decided to use Gus Edwards over him, too?

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:57 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:53 am

:shock:

Were you selling Swift last week when he was getting benched by Peterson and Kerryon Johnson and are you selling Dobbins after BAL decided to use Gus Edwards over him, too?
I appreciate the attempt at some sort of gotcha but no, I wasn't, and I have both on multiple teams.

My opinion has changed significantly on these rookies:

Gibson- way up
Claypool- way, way, way up (into tier with JJ and Lamb)
Higgins- up (had him as a bust and he can at least play)
Jeudy- downgrade (into tier below)
Akers- way down (on par with Moss)

People can scream small sample size all they want, but we've received a huge chunk of information since May and it would be foolish NOT to reevaluate your positions.

Just seeing guys in NFL uniforms, in pro offenses against legit competition is enormous. Im not saying throw everything out the window but on the flip side, you're doing yourself a disservice if you wait too long to react. If your feeling on a player completely shifts based on new info and such a thing doesn't happen all the time to you specifically, you should follow your instincts.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:16 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:08 pm I appreciate the attempt at some sort of gotcha but no, I wasn't, and I have both on multiple teams.

Gibson- way up

People can scream small sample size all they want, but we've received a huge chunk of information since May and it would be foolish NOT to reevaluate your positions.

Just seeing guys in NFL uniforms, in pro offenses against legit competition is enormous. Im not saying throw everything out the window but on the flip side, you're doing yourself a disservice if you wait too long to react. If your feeling on a player completely shifts based on new info and such a thing doesn't happen all the time to you specifically, you should follow your instincts.
We have 26 total rushes to judge Akers on and he's a much better RB prospect than Moss (who I also haven't moved much, I was just lower on him than consensus to begin with).

It's not like he's getting a ton of opportunity and just falling on his face.

If you want to move Akers down a bit, and Gibson up, sure.. but it's reactionary to move prospects like Swift, Akers, Dobbins significantly down simply because they're not firing right out of the gates.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:16 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:08 pm I appreciate the attempt at some sort of gotcha but no, I wasn't, and I have both on multiple teams.

Gibson- way up

We have 26 total rushes to judge Akers on and he's a much better RB prospect than Moss (who I also haven't moved much, I was just lower on him than consensus to begin with).

It's not like he's getting a ton of opportunity and just falling on his face.

If you want to move Akers down a bit, and Gibson up, sure.. but it's reactionary to move prospects like Swift, Akers, Dobbins significantly down simply because they're not firing right out of the gates.
I'd prefer Gibson straight up to Akers myself. Draft capital is similar, he's the better pass catcher and more explosive athlete, and on a team that wants to use him. I don't think it's that far off, myself. Gibson seems to have a 50 catch floor, based on the way things have gone, so far.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:46 pm

Gibson's looking more and more like someone who will be a popular 2nd year breakout choice, so if you believe in him, there's a good window to buy after the initial hysteria from training camp died down.

My thing was always that I have no idea what you're supposed to get from this offense outside of Terry McLaurin and that's been exactly the case. They just don't have an identity. More importantly, they don't have a QB. So while Gibson does have some learning and improving to do, I think there's more overwhelming factors that are contributing here.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am

As expected, whatever RB gets Dallas, puts ups yards. Hope you started him.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:45 am

Looking like a breakout day today - with him on my bench of course.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:07 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:45 am Looking like a breakout day today - with him on my bench of course.
LOL. Start everybody vs Dallas.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:07 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:45 am Looking like a breakout day today - with him on my bench of course.
Yeah, Logan Thomas sitting on my bench too.

I ought to post who I’m not starting every week so everyone else here can get those guys into their lineup.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:28 am

I ought to post who I’m not starting every week so everyone else here can get those guys into their lineup.
If it makes you feel better, I had Thomas in my flex in TE premium, and took him out last second for AJB.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:27 pm

Terrible defense for sure but if you can't see the talent, you're blind.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:28 am

If it makes you feel better, I had Thomas in my flex in TE premium, and took him out last second for AJB.
Why would you sit AJB for Logan Thomas. Unless that TE premium is worth a lot more

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 pm

I think putting Akers on par with Moss will eventually be a regret of yours.

But you're extremely happy with Gibson's output today.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:38 pm

TD41 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 pm I think putting Akers on par with Moss will eventually be a regret of yours.

But you're extremely happy with Gibson's output today.
I was speaking specifically to this draft class when lumping with Moss. They would both occupy my "not interested" tier. Akers would be a lot higher in my complete rankings but it doesn't matter because I don't want any part of either at their current market value.