fantasy impact of coronavirus

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: fantasy impact of coronavirus

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:24 pm https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ent-brown/

Raiders RT Trent Brown placed on COVID list, and the entire starting offensive line sent home due to proximity to Trent and risk they contracted it.
Just in time for the leagues top Defence. :wall: :doh:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Entire Raiders OL and Abram put on COVID list. Game moved to 4PM Sunday, and the Cards/Hawks to the Night game, to ensure a Sunday Night game. Expect the probability of the Raiders game to be moved to Monday or Tuesday, per Paul Gutierrez. Raiders cannot meet the 8 OL requirement with only 5 other OL on the team, and 2 on the practice squad, and singing a street free agent doesn't work, as they require 6 days. So expect this one delayed when setting line-ups.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 pm Entire Raiders OL and Abram put on COVID list. Game moved to 4PM Sunday, and the Cards/Hawks to the Night game, to ensure a Sunday Night game. Expect the probability of the Raiders game to be moved to Monday or Tuesday, per Paul Gutierrez. Raiders cannot meet the 8 OL requirement with only 5 other OL on the team, and 2 on the practice squad, and singing a street free agent doesn't work, as they require 6 days. So expect this one delayed when setting line-ups.
Just the man I hoped would be posting. SO. Given your recent public disdain on this forum for the Titans organisation and their contempt of Coronavirus regulations, not taking it seriously, etc etc - can we now expect you to be consistent, and finally turn your back on the only team you've ever loved?

Because as bad as holding secret practices against regulations is - at least that's to do with actually playing the game of football. The Raiders held a charity dinner with not one attendee wearing masks - nothing to do with playing football, and completely reckless and unnecessary. Gruden was snapped wearing a mask like a freakin' idiot on primetime tv, and summarily fined - this is your leader of men, your exemplar. And now this - your entire OL caught on camera, hanging out in close contact, no masks, and reportedly not even wearing the tracking devices regularly to at least allow an attempt to track and mitigate that damage.

This, my friend... is what one might call "a pattern". What sayeth you?

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 pm Entire Raiders OL and Abram put on COVID list. Game moved to 4PM Sunday, and the Cards/Hawks to the Night game, to ensure a Sunday Night game. Expect the probability of the Raiders game to be moved to Monday or Tuesday, per Paul Gutierrez. Raiders cannot meet the 8 OL requirement with only 5 other OL on the team, and 2 on the practice squad, and singing a street free agent doesn't work, as they require 6 days. So expect this one delayed when setting line-ups.
And best of all raiders have had their bye week. I'm guessing game gets pushed to Tuesday and provided that the linemen test negative between now and then we have a game. If not it's seek 18 or forfeit.

Great now I gotta cover for the bucs players I have everywhere. Guess I'm gonna go with fulgram tonight instead of Godwin... Sweet
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:09 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:55 pm
Just the man I hoped would be posting. SO. Given your recent public disdain on this forum for the Titans organisation and their contempt of Coronavirus regulations, not taking it seriously, etc etc - can we now expect you to be consistent, and finally turn your back on the only team you've ever loved?

Because as bad as holding secret practices against regulations is - at least that's to do with actually playing the game of football. The Raiders held a charity dinner with not one attendee wearing masks - nothing to do with playing football, and completely reckless and unnecessary. Gruden was snapped wearing a mask like a freakin' idiot on primetime tv, and summarily fined - this is your leader of men, your exemplar. And now this - your entire OL caught on camera, hanging out in close contact, no masks, and reportedly not even wearing the tracking devices regularly to at least allow an attempt to track and mitigate that damage.

This, my friend... is what one might call "a pattern". What sayeth you?
Well, clandestine practices against the NFL's orders isn't really the same thing as this. I am not happy with Trent Brown, and hope he's cut next year (for this, and a variety of other reasons). The charity dinner they had masks, but took them off briefly. I wasn't happy with that. The charity event was for a great cause, I don't fault them for actually doing the dinner. It's disappointing. In terms of the coaches: Every coach abuses the mask thing, at some point or another on the field. Gruden is hardly the only one. It's been all of them, at one point or another. In fact Andy Reid did it last week for instance, AFTER the NFL warned coaches not to do that when yelling at officials. Took his shield off completely. I honestly think with the coaches, they get into a zone and momentarily forget about those things.

This isn't good, but the Titans thing was worse. The idea it was about football as an argument isn't really an argument IMO. They were directed specifically to not do those things, and they did. I am not sticking up for the players here, they need to do better. This isn't good, but the Titans thing was worse. They had a full outbreak on and specifically went against the NFL's orders. In secret. That's what I had issue with.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:11 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:04 pm
And best of all raiders have had their bye week. I'm guessing game gets pushed to Tuesday and provided that the linemen test negative between now and then we have a game. If not it's seek 18 or forfeit.

Great now I gotta cover for the bucs players I have everywhere. Guess I'm gonna go with fulgram tonight instead of Godwin... Sweet
There still has never been a forfeit in the NFL's history to my knowledge, I highly doubt it is here. The lineman (other than Brown) all tested negative yesterday, so it's highly probable they will have enough to play. They have 5 still in the building, and 2 on the practice squad. So unless they all test positive in the next few days, they will have enough. You need to dress 8, based on NFL rules. The game most likely gets moved to Monday or Tuesday.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:11 pm

There still has never been a forfeit in the NFL's history to my knowledge, I highly doubt it is here. The lineman (other than Brown) all tested negative yesterday, so it's highly probable they will have enough to play. They have 5 still in the building, and 2 on the practice squad. You need to dress 8, based on NFL rules. The game most likely gets moved to Monday or Tuesday.
I assume a week 18 game is more likely than forfeit.

Pretty sure nfl sees it as
Option 1: move bye weeks
Option 2: Tuesday night games
Option 3: week 18
Option 4: week 19 or forfeit eventually
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:17 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:11 pm

There still has never been a forfeit in the NFL's history to my knowledge, I highly doubt it is here. The lineman (other than Brown) all tested negative yesterday, so it's highly probable they will have enough to play. They have 5 still in the building, and 2 on the practice squad. You need to dress 8, based on NFL rules. The game most likely gets moved to Monday or Tuesday.
I assume a week 18 game is more likely than forfeit.

Pretty sure nfl sees it as
Option 1: move bye weeks
Option 2: Tuesday night games
Option 3: week 18
Option 4: week 19 or forfeit eventually
I agree. I also assume a Monday or Tuesday game is more likely, as long as there isn't an outbreak in the next few days. The longer the season drags on, the more problems they will have. We shall likely know shortly, based on the Raiders tests from today, what the plan is.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:09 pm
mild wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:55 pm This, my friend... is what one might call "a pattern". What sayeth you?
This isn't good, but the Titans thing was worse...
Dang, really thought I might have your Raiders fandom on the ropes for a second there :wink:

I wonder what more would need to come out from this investigation for you to consider it worse. I guess we'll see.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:49 pm

I'll say it again, forfeits are the absolute last thing the NFL wants. They will exhaust every avenue first, even if it's a blatant disregard for policies. Fines, suspensions, pick loss are all on the table...but forfeits have too big of a negative effect on the entire league.

Other than a couple organizations, this has been relatively contained. No1 expected to have zero issues. I am guessing we see this game on Monday or Tuesday again, which selfishly I'm fine with... more football.

Despite what all of you keep saying, the NFL has largely done a good job this year. A couple months ago a good portion of this board didn't think we'd even have a season, let alone almost halfway through without adding dates. They probably should have added late season league wide byes, but I won't pretend to know the logistics of doing so.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Despite what all of you keep saying, the NFL has largely done a good job this year. A couple months ago a good portion of this board didn't think we'd even have a season, let alone almost halfway through without adding dates. They probably should have added late season league wide byes, but I won't pretend to know the logistics of doing so.
[/quote]

I totally agree. I always said that they would start on time and never really had much of a doubt but I also figured there would be some interruptions, postponements, etc, but to be going into week 7 with minimal problems so far? I’m very surprised and very pleased as a fan.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 am

Ryquell Armstead ruled out for the remainder of the season with Covid related complications. He went on Covid IR in August.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:29 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 am Ryquell Armstead ruled out for the remainder of the season with Covid related complications. He went on Covid IR in August.
Really hope he makes it out of this. Definitely concerning.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:12 am

With so few/no fans, you'd think teams, players and the NFL in general would have more flexibility to move games around to get the best primetime games. Instead, we're left with NYG v TB.

But hey, at least we get a good drinking game- How many times do the announcers mention the JPP revenge angle.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:06 am

AJ Dillion (RB Packers) tested positive on Sunday and due to "close contact" both he and J Williams will not be able to play on Thursday night.