Commissioner help pls

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Commissioner help pls

Postby Ski mask ready » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:35 pm

So to preface in our league owners have to pay in advance for trading future picks. So for example if someone trades for 2021 1st or 2nd they pay in advance in full for that season. Way the leagues always been run. League is now in its 4th yr. Both have been in the league from the beginning.

Owner A sent owner B an offer, his 2021 1st and M hardman for several older IDP players. 3+ hours later owner B accepted the trade.

Now owner A is saying that was a mistake and meant to send a 3rd round pick not his1st requiring future payment. Owner A who sent the offer is now asking for us to decline the trade because he “accidentally” sent his first when he’s saying it should have been a third. The trade is waiting to be processed.

Opinions??
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Commissioner help pls

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Sounds like an honest mistake. Let him fix the offer. This game is supposed to be a fun past time, no need to be harsh.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:02 pm

How quickly did he bring this up after the trade was accepted? Who were the players he’s getting? I’d be in favor of reversing if it was an honest mistake
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:12 pm

shouldn't be an issue as long as owner B doesnt make a fuss about it
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:22 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:37 pm Sounds like an honest mistake. Let him fix the offer. This game is supposed to be a fun past time, no need to be harsh.
x2
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Should be easy to reverse... I might be a bit upset if I were Team B, but I guess it depends on the deal. I've had other owners in the league drop a player they otherwise wouldn't, and no one was against adding them back to the original team. No harm, no foul

This does sound a bit like buyer's remorse as well though. I think if the deal looks fair with the 1st, that's likely what it is. If the deal looks lopsided with the 1st then it's likely an honest mistake

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:04 pm

I would start with timing. Understandable that Owner A might not be aware that he clicked the wrong draft pick when he sent the trade, so the time elapsed between making the offer and acceptance doesn't tell you much. How soon after the trade was accepted did Owner A contact you and claim the mistake? If this was very quick, then I would be inclined to believe it was an honest mistake. After that I would look at the specific pieces involved. Would the 1st or 3rd make the most sense? How entrenched is Owner B if you decide to reverse the trade? Is their any pertinent history involving Owner A doing this kind of thing previously? After weighing all these factors, I would most likely lean toward reversing the trade unless it appears to be obvious trade remorse.

Playing devil's advocate--what if Owner A simply refuses to pay for trading the future pick? Depending on the actual wording of your rulebook, this seems like a possible way for Owner A to veto his own trade if this becomes a contentious situation. I hate to think that way and hope this isn't an issue in your league, but we've all had "that owner" in a league at one time or another.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 pm

All factors aside about intent if you cant trade a 1st or 2nd without prepaying next year the trade is flat out invalid. Exactly the same as team A trading team B team C's first round pick that team A doesn't even own, an impossibility.
By your rules you are trying to divide by zero so everything else is invalid and the trade is auto denied.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:32 pm

Yarnith wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 pm All factors aside about intent if you cant trade a 1st or 2nd without prepaying next year the trade is flat out invalid. Exactly the same as team A trading team B team C's first round pick that team A doesn't even own, an impossibility.
By your rules you are trying to divide by zero so everything else is invalid and the trade is auto denied.
That seems silly, he owns the picks. However if he wants to trade them he must pay. Whether its before or after the trade goes through doesnt really matter. If he refuses to pay, then kick him.

I dont think its out of the realm of possibility that they have some lenience on the time frame between making the trade, and paying the fee
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:03 am

Vectorgod wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:04 pm I would start with timing. Understandable that Owner A might not be aware that he clicked the wrong draft pick when he sent the trade, so the time elapsed between making the offer and acceptance doesn't tell you much. How soon after the trade was accepted did Owner A contact you and claim the mistake? If this was very quick, then I would be inclined to believe it was an honest mistake. After that I would look at the specific pieces involved. Would the 1st or 3rd make the most sense? How entrenched is Owner B if you decide to reverse the trade? Is their any pertinent history involving Owner A doing this kind of thing previously? After weighing all these factors, I would most likely lean toward reversing the trade unless it appears to be obvious trade remorse.

Playing devil's advocate--what if Owner A simply refuses to pay for trading the future pick? Depending on the actual wording of your rulebook, this seems like a possible way for Owner A to veto his own trade if this becomes a contentious situation. I hate to think that way and hope this isn't an issue in your league, but we've all had "that owner" in a league at one time or another.
Good points for sure. I also thought of owner A being a salty dog and not paying for the dues if the trade is pushed through... However, I think you could still move past it. If he wins any earnings this year you can take the dues out of that and kick him out next year. I mean, hopefully it doesn't go that far...

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:09 am

If he doesnt pay, the trade doesnt go through anyways. Thats how my leagues work that have this rule. If you make a trade involving a pick, the commish doesnt push it through until the owner pays.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:19 am

It sounds like an honest mistake.

It also sounds like trades are not final until that payment is made which he seems unwilling to do because of the mistake.

It should be reversed IMO.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:14 am

Ski mask ready wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:35 pm So to preface in our league owners have to pay in advance for trading future picks. So for example if someone trades for 2021 1st or 2nd they pay in advance in full for that season. Way the leagues always been run. League is now in its 4th yr. Both have been in the league from the beginning.

Owner A sent owner B an offer, his 2021 1st and M hardman for several older IDP players. 3+ hours later owner B accepted the trade.

Now owner A is saying that was a mistake and meant to send a 3rd round pick not his1st requiring future payment. Owner A who sent the offer is now asking for us to decline the trade because he “accidentally” sent his first when he’s saying it should have been a third. The trade is waiting to be processed.

Opinions??
The biggest question for me is how much time passed between the trade being accepted and him saying it was a mistake? Were any other moves done in that time, or did information regarding the players on the teams or involved in the trade come out?

If the time was short and there was no news then just veto/reverse the trade. It sounds like an honest mistake.

If there was significant time that passed or new information came out, then I would allow the trade to stand and require the future year fee.

I also would keep an eye on the owner. If he trades the same players to another team for more, I would be highly suspicious of that trade.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:54 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:32 pm
Yarnith wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 pm All factors aside about intent if you cant trade a 1st or 2nd without prepaying next year the trade is flat out invalid. Exactly the same as team A trading team B team C's first round pick that team A doesn't even own, an impossibility.
That seems silly, he owns the picks. However if he wants to trade them he must pay. Whether its before or after the trade goes through doesnt really matter. If he refuses to pay, then kick him.

I dont think its out of the realm of possibility that they have some lenience on the time frame between making the trade, and paying the fee
Its not silly its the rules of the league. He doesn't own the picks until he prepays that is the entire point of the rule. It totally matters if he paid before he tries to trade a pick he cant trade. The trade is invalid by rule cut and dry. Are you trying to say you are gonna force team A to now prepay to honor the trade he couldn't actually offer whether it was a mistake or intentional? That would be silly. There is no reason to overthink this as a commissioner its a nontrade by rule move on.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Yarnith wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:54 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:32 pm

Its not silly its the rules of the league. He doesn't own the picks until he prepays that is the entire point of the rule. It totally matters if he paid before he tries to trade a pick he cant trade. The trade is invalid by rule cut and dry. Are you trying to say you are gonna force team A to now prepay to honor the trade he couldn't actually offer whether it was a mistake or intentional? That would be silly. There is no reason to overthink this as a commissioner its a nontrade by rule move on.
Maybe in the context of a league that doesnt discuss trades but rather blindly sends offers (would never recommend). But there should be no reason that I have to prepay for next season, to make trades that might not even go through. I wouldn't pay until I know that im actually dealing future picks.

If I send an offer that involves a future 1st, and it gets accepted, or you suggesting that i should be punished for waiting until its accepted to pay the fee? If I refuse to pay the fee then the trade gets reversed. However, in this specific case. If the commish elects to make the trade stand, then yes in order to avoid team a from refusing to pay just so his trade gets reversed, you give him a choice of either paying, or leaving. Not saying thats what he should do, in my eyes he should reverse this trade. Not because its "against the rules" but because it was a mistake.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig