2 Hopkins offers

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which trade?

Give Hopkins for Miles Sanders + Higgins
41%
Give Hopkins for Lamb + mid 2nd + mims
24%
Don’t do either deal
35%

Total votes: 17

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

2 Hopkins offers

Postby Slackalacker » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Team 1 in sig

Another week, another few offers for Hopkins. I was verbally offered the following

Give: Hopkins
Get: Sanders + Higgins

I’m intrigued, but I know sanders got a bit banged up and I’m not sure how that will play out. I’m also considering offering the following

Give: Hopkins
Get: Lamb + mid 2nd + mims

Is that too light? The owner his high on lamb so I don’t think I’d get much more.

I’m having a hard time judging what’s fair value, I love Hopkins but I feel I could move him and still be a favorite to win the league while gaining a few years of youth,
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2 Hopkins offers

Postby Straycatz2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:56 pm

First offer looks pretty good. You could use another RB and Higgins looks great so far.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:49 am

The first offer is pretty close if you are looking to move Hopkins. Higgins looks really solid and will grow with Burrow.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:57 am

With Miles' injury i'm not interested in #1
I'd be happy to do #2 unless you are a strong contender this year.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:38 am

I'd wait here. DHop is still a stud and your team is contending, so if your moving him you need a pretty big return. I'd wait and see what the injury is with Sanders.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:40 am

the first offer is tempting, but i would still hold hopkins.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:52 am

abloom wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:57 am With Miles' injury i'm not interested in #1
I am, after this week I’ll be #1 in record and points scored all with MT on my bench. I figure I can capitalize on hopkins now and stay competitive assuming I get a piece back that carries decent production.
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am

Slackalacker wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:52 am
abloom wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:57 am With Miles' injury i'm not interested in #1
I am, after this week I’ll be #1 in record and points scored all with MT on my bench. I figure I can capitalize on hopkins now and stay competitive assuming I get a piece back that carries decent production.
While I commend you on the strategy of capitalizing on high value and still staying competitive, I think its important to keep in mind that you can keep kicking the can down the road and never win a championship. I think Hopkins will still have plenty of value after the season, and presumably any trade you make now, would be to a competing team, strengthening them while weakening you. As a legit contender for the championship I'd rather hold hopkins and sell him after the season, even if the return is not as great.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am
While I commend you on the strategy of capitalizing on high value and still staying competitive, I think its important to keep in mind that you can keep kicking the can down the road and never win a championship. I think Hopkins will still have plenty of value after the season, and presumably any trade you make now, would be to a competing team, strengthening them while weakening you. As a legit contender for the championship I'd rather hold hopkins and sell him after the season, even if the return is not as great.
I appreciate the advice and I agree with what you said. I think I may take the risk though, I feel confident with the depth I have, and since we have 4 flexes this buys me another solid flex option to hedge myself against injuries and bye weeks.

He just upped his offer to Sanders, Higgins, and a mid 2021 2nd for Hopkins straight up which is hard for me to pass up.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Slackalacker wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 pm

I appreciate the advice and I agree with what you said. I think I may take the risk though, I feel confident with the depth I have, and since we have 4 flexes this buys me another solid flex option to hedge myself against injuries and bye weeks.

He just upped his offer to Sanders, Higgins, and a mid 2021 2nd for Hopkins straight up which is hard for me to pass up.
Well if he's just going to make better and better options I guess its hard to say no lol

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:55 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:16 pm
Slackalacker wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 pm

Well if he's just going to make better and better options I guess its hard to say no lol
Yeah he’s been at this for weeks because he has kyler and really wants Hopkins to stack him. Offseason it was Hopkins + 3rd for sanders, a few weeks ago it was Hopkins for sanders straight up, finally I got him to include Higgins and a 2nd.

I tried to get him to do Hopkins + late 1st for sanders + lamb + 2nd but he just won’t part with lamb, so this is likely as good as it gets lol.