2020 Rookie RB's

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2020 Rookie RB's

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Responding to DD:

Maybe I should have said it differently. I, like you, can see that Henderson is the preferred option by the coaching staff and appears to be in line to continue leading the backfield. I was mainly posting this to counter the narrative that the backfield was simply a crapshoot, when it really isn’t. He has also played well.

Akers has plenty of potential, and may be the “better” and or more talented back long term. That could change even in the near future. However, Henderson has played well and looked like a dynamic runner. That subverted most people’s, including my own, expectations. This came out of left field for I think almost everyone. I’m choosing to interpret the coach/situation blaming as an attempt to justify preseason predictions.

Last thing, Wasn’t the expectation that Henderson was to play the 3rd down role with Akers leading in preseason? I’d like him to catch more passes but I don’t have any concerns about his capability. This is life in a committee, with roles divided you’re not going to be involved in every situation.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:25 pm

I watched most of the game but I didn't think Henderson did overly much until the 3rd quarter, correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't as if Hendy was killing it in the first half forcing McVay to ride him.

Edit: I should say he was playing alright but he didn't light it up till much later in the game, so we could have seen at least 1 Akers drive

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:49 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:25 pm I watched most of the game but I didn't think Henderson did overly much until the 3rd quarter, correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't as if Hendy was killing it in the first half forcing McVay to ride him.

Edit: I should say he was playing alright but he didn't light it up till much later in the game, so we could have seen at least 1 Akers drive
He was 4/19, but the entire offense only had 60 yards in the first half and they were down by multiple scores. He was the lone bright spot on offense on a day where there was essentially no passing game threat against a pretty good overall defense.

Not going to judge whether it was smart to not give Akers a drive to himself, but unless he did something exceptionally special there really wouldn’t have been much opportunity in the first half to do anything. As noted Henderson came on and made chunk gains in the second half.

Game flow and a player having more production in spurts isn’t a reason to go away from your starter if you believe you have one. It happens all the time.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:10 am

Surprised nobody is talking about Swift's breakout game

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:12 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:10 am Surprised nobody is talking about Swift's breakout game
No one trusts the Lions to keep feeding him. They should.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:21 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:12 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:10 am Surprised nobody is talking about Swift's breakout game
This is unfortunately my first thought as a swift owner. Im not super excited because i feel like this is the beginning of big things, im more dreading the fact that Idiot patricia is going to trot AP out there for 50 percent of the snaps still. Hopefully im wrong and patricia does what the saints did to AP. But i cant trust that. With all of that said anyone who has been following swift should have expected a breakout game and if he is used he will be a RB1 due to his ability to catch, will possibly be the best rookie RB.
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:23 am

Darryton Evans of course hurt his hammy. Hopefully Moss gets some work tonight. Maybe even an Eno Benjamin sighting with all of Drake's struggles.....?

Looking forward to Swift highlights, didn't see them yesterday.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:21 am
This is unfortunately my first thought as a swift owner. Im not super excited because i feel like this is the beginning of big things, im more dreading the fact that Idiot patricia is going to trot AP out there for 50 percent of the snaps still. Hopefully im wrong and patricia does what the saints did to AP. But i cant trust that. With all of that said anyone who has been following swift should have expected a breakout game and if he is used he will be a RB1 due to his ability to catch.
Patricia is a bad head coach. I don't think there's anything wrong with using multiple RBs, but using Peterson as much as they are makes no sense when you just drafted an RB with a high 2nd round pick.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:26 am

At the same time he has been crazy efficient with the touches he has received. They are really going to the thunder and lightning of Ingram-Kamara, except with where AP is now its closer to Murray-Kamara Lite. I am very hopeful that Patricia has put the pieces together after Swift's dominant performance and gives him a larger roll, but the end of game usage suggests its a 50/50 at best with AP
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 am

This is unfortunately my first thought as a swift owner. Im not super excited because i feel like this is the beginning of big things, im more dreading the fact that Idiot patricia is going to trot AP out there for 50 percent of the snaps still. Hopefully im wrong and patricia does what the saints did to AP. But i cant trust that. With all of that said anyone who has been following swift should have expected a breakout game and if he is used he will be a RB1 due to his ability to catch.
Patricia is a bad head coach. I don't think there's anything wrong with using multiple RBs, but using Peterson as much as they are makes no sense when you just drafted an RB with a high 2nd round pick.
Agreed, for NFL purposes committees are the way to go but it should be at least a 60- 30-10 percent committee between these 3 backs with Swift getting the 60 percent. You have a solid underrated Qb in Stafford, A very good WR in golloday, you have jones and hockenson why arent you using your most dynamic fresh legged 2nd round pick RB? That offense could take an immense step forward with a RB like him. Makes no sense, but we will see.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:44 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 am

He can be the Ingram to Swift's Kamara. Still, Patricia is really bad.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:45 am

Swift is getting close to taking over in Detroit. He should be targeted for acquisition as he will be a RB1 in 2021.

While the RB class was never as strong as the WR class, they went higher in fantasy because RB's are hard to come by.

No one should be disappointed in the RB's just yet. The top 4 CEH, Swift, Taylor, & Dobbins have all flashed. These four may never be Uber Studs but none should disappoint over the next few years.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 am

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:45 am Swift is getting close to taking over in Detroit. He should be targeted for acquisition as he will be a RB1 in 2021.

While the RB class was never as strong as the WR class, they went higher in fantasy because RB's are hard to come by.

No one should be disappointed in the RB's just yet. The top 4 CEH, Swift, Taylor, & Dobbins have all flashed. These four may never be Uber Studs but none should disappoint over the next few years.
💯

I've tried acquiring both swift and dobbins and no1 is selling. I'd be happy with any of these 4 backs on my roster.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 am

Hasn't been a smooth ride for Swift so far, but happy that I took him over Akers where available.

Not sure what is going on with Akers, but I'm starting to get mildly concerned. Is it him, is it just coaching....ugh

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:50 am

Servo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 am Hasn't been a smooth ride for Swift so far, but happy that I took him over Akers where available.

Not sure what is going on with Akers, but I'm starting to get mildly concerned. Is it him, is it just coaching....ugh
If there's a silver lining, Henderson was in the same position a year ago and now he's the starter.

But, it's still not good news regardless to see him hardly involved.