2020 Rookie RB's

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: 2020 Rookie RB's

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:54 pm

CMC had 1 TD thru his first 5 career games, Kamara had 2... CEH is fine.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:35 pm

James Robinson is a good 2020 rookie running back. No talks about him in this thread yet, so here we go. I believe his skill set is comparable to CEH, whom I really like. Both stocky, well built spark plugs with a well rounded game. CEH went 1.1 in my league, Robinson was a post draft FA pickup... both putting up similar numbers for completely opposite price tags. The moral of the story is this game we play is a crap shoot, and an overlooked skill to have as an owner is patience! All the backs listed through this discussion are very talented, but some situations have lead to better immediate production, so just be patient and give these guys time to emerge. It was stated earlier that having no real preseason has slowed the development for many rookies, so we are gonna just have to be patient and let the guys marinate for a little longer.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm

McVay really feeding Akers the additional touches today so far.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:51 pm

I think the rookie RBs will be fine.

I'd be very interested to see this rookie draft take place today. When would CEH go? Robinson? All the RBs vs WRs, really.

It's a great draft for rookies, that's for sure.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:52 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm McVay really feeding Akers the additional touches today so far.
Lmao. As an Akers fan, all I feel is pain

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:52 pm
Shankopotamus wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm McVay really feeding Akers the additional touches today so far.
Lmao. As an Akers fan, all I feel is pain
As a Niners fan, I'm just fine with it. :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:13 pm

I was going to say the same thing in the week 6 thread, how have they not even given him 1 touch!!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:18 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:13 pm
I was going to say the same thing in the week 6 thread, how have they not even given him 1 touch!!
Just look at the Steelers with claypool if you want to see a masterclass on how to bring your rookie along slowly, build his confidence and turn him into a productive starter. Or you could do what the rams are doing which is completely wasting a 2nd round pick.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:44 pm

I don't think he has a snap yet even, but I did get up to pee and feed the dogs.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:54 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:44 pm
I don't think he has a snap yet even, but I did get up to pee and feed the dogs.
From what I see it says he had 1 target for no catches, I assume it was just a throw away play in Akers vicinity but I didn't see it either.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:57 pm

I know this runs counter to the unpredictable to the narrative that the Rams backfield is unpredictable, but Henderson has been the guy since mid week 2. He got injured mid week 4 and they had a lead so they decided not to risk aggravating it and played Brown. Game plan and opponents will vary the snap distribution but Henderson has Been and is the clear committee leader.

It appears reason the fantasy community wants to ignore this is that the unpredictable narrative is a convenient excuse for Akers lack of production/involvement. I know this might ruffle some feathers and illicit the “but he’s a rookie and needs time to develop” comments but Henderson is just better than Akers right now. No one here afforded Henderson the same grace last year but for some reason Akers is just being dealt a bad hand. It really could just be that Henderson has practiced and played better. The fantasy community has such a hard time admitting failure when reality in season differs from our preseason expectations.

To avoid the rage replies, here’s the obligatory part of the post where I acknowledge that Akers is a rookie, things can change quickly, and that I am in no way suggesting Akers is a bust. My point is Henderson helps the Rams win more than Akers currently. This is a playoff team, they don’t care about your fantasy aspirations or even developing a rookie for the sake of it. They want to win.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:39 pm

Maybe, but maybe not. Akers had one game where he looked a bit outclassed in week 1, and even then he was constantly making people miss. Since week 1 he’s averaged 6.2 ypc. You say Hendy is simply better but in truth we have no idea. We have to trust McVay that Hendy is better, the same guy who lied that Akers would get more work this week. Hendy has had bad games too, he’s had 3 weeks where he’s averaged less than 3ypc, one of those weeks being the same week when Akers struggled.

Hendy looked solid tonight for sure but there were also many open running lanes too. Unfortunately we were not given the opportunity to compare the two in the same situation

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:56 pm

If you want to argue that an NFL team or head coach for a playoff bound team would purposely not play his best RB that’s going to be a tough sell for me.

As stated we know Henderson was injured week 4 making it easy to discount his performance and usage that game. Also I find the YPC argument pretty weak as we know it’s much easier to produce higher YPC on limited volume. Also watching the games Henderson has looked great.

The last point I’d make is that what McVay says means a whole lot less than what he does. You assert we should distrust his judgement because he didn’t play Akers more after saying he would. What that tells me is that he believes Henderson is better and didn’t want to take him off the field. Coaches do this all the time. It’s not really novel for them to say a hyped younger player will be more involved only to see them get marginal opportunity
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:08 pm

I disagree with your premise that it’s a proven fact that henderson is “just better” than Akers. We’ve seen both rbs play good and not as good. The coaching staff obviously has more trust in Henderson, that much is clear. But that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s better. It could just mean that Akers wasn’t able to build up that trust because he was injured, and not that Henderson is the superior player.

Henderson also recorded zero receptions tonight, and typically only delivers 1-2 receptions a game. He’s a complete non factor in that area. According to Goff, Akers has the best hands of any rb he’s played with.

I just take issue with you saying one is clearly playing better than the other right now, when there’s essentially no proof of that. Clearly the coaching staff trusts one more than the other, but that could be a product of any number of things.

The ypc argument is not to argue that Akers is playing as good as Henderson, it’s more to disprove or poke holes in your argument that Henderson is clearly playing better than Akers.

If Akers was on the field tonight and stunk then I’d agree with you. But the last time we saw him play “bad” was in week 1.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:22 pm

(f)Akers owners ITT:

Seriously, it was an awful night for the Rams offense and Darrell Henderson was the only thing that was working. Why would they take him off the field? These are the perils of buying a timeshare back with a high 1st. :boohoo: