The Le'Veon Bell Tolls ... To the Ravens

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: LeVeon Bell

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm Freeman seems to have held out to get a lead role and big money. If I remember right, any contract Bell gets eats into the money the Jets have to pay him. In short, Bell is getting his money, whether it's all from NY or a portion from them and another team.

If we're hypothesizing matches, I'll throw out Houston and Miami.
Miami paid Howard to sit, and traded for Breida to sit. They seem to like Gaskin, I doubt it. Don't think the Texans make a move like this in between GM's. If what you say about the contracts is true, all the more incentive for him to sit the year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm Freeman seems to have held out to get a lead role and big money. If I remember right, any contract Bell gets eats into the money the Jets have to pay him. In short, Bell is getting his money, whether it's all from NY or a portion from them and another team.

Depends on the language of the contract, and if offset stipulations were included or not. Seeing as the GM that signed him got fired for giving out awful contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't included.

Offset language is the cause of any rookie holdouts these days, some organizations insist on it and the agents fight against it.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Miami paid Howard to sit, and traded for Breida to sit. They seem to like Gaskin, I doubt it. Don't think the Texans make a move like this in between GM's.
Agreed. It would just be a weird move for a team that has multiple veterans riding the bench.

I wonder what his offset language is like. He might just sit out.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:12 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Miami paid Howard to sit, and traded for Breida to sit. They seem to like Gaskin, I doubt it. Don't think the Texans make a move like this in between GM's.
Agreed. It would just be a weird move for a team that has multiple veterans riding the bench.

That was my thought. I am not convinced he plays again in 2020.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:12 pm

Speculation is he wants to play, despite indications that the offset language in his contract meaning that any salary he earns will then come out of his Jets money.

It does mean that he can sign for the minimum, which makes me think contender.

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:05 pm

KC. It's obvious that CEH isn't ready for a full load. He would be a good fit into Andy Rieds system.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:28 pm

dark_knite03 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:05 pm KC. It's obvious that CEH isn't ready for a full load. He would be a good fit into Andy Rieds system.
there would be so much butthurt in fantasy if that happened.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:37 pm

dark_knite03 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:05 pm KC. It's obvious that CEH isn't ready for a full load. He would be a good fit into Andy Rieds system.
I'd say Indy would be a good fit. Or Baltimore. Maybe the Rams. Bills could use him, too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:12 pm

Speculation is he wants to play, despite indications that the offset language in his contract meaning that any salary he earns will then come out of his Jets money.

It does mean that he can sign for the minimum, which makes me think contender.
Bears? We'll see. I'm not convinced he's signed immediately, if at all. All speculation at this point, but I am not convinced there are many contenders where he'd start. Bears seems like the only one where he'd be an upgrade on their starter. Unless he's added as a depth player somewhere. I think the Bears make the most sense. Even if Monty still gets some early down work, Bell is a big upgrade in the passing down role.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 pm

I don't think the Bears are all that realistic. Monty is not the problem there. If he goes there he'll end up with the same problems he has in new york with a bad oline. I don't think that's a smart move for someone who's trying to revive their career and prove they still have it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 am

jjleurquin wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 pm I don't think the Bears are all that realistic. Monty is not the problem there. If he goes there he'll end up with the same problems he has in new york with a bad oline. I don't think that's a smart move for someone who's trying to revive their career and prove they still have it.
It's not really about Monty. I mean, he's the definition of average, but they have an extreme lack of depth at the position, and are a playoff contending team. Bell is an upgrade on third downs at the least. It makes sense for the Bears. Ryan Nail should never be on the field (to make false starts). Bell most likely won't have a ton of options, and if a 4-1 team like the Bears makes an offer, it may be his best shot. It may be his only shot. There won't be many teams interested, IMO. It might take an injury, who knows.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:55 am

From a schedule standpoint:

NE
MIA
Both play NYJ twice for the most revenge stake.

Actual landings:

CHI
NE
KC
Maybe DEN with Melvin's new joyride?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Denver might be a good spot to rehab his value.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:50 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm Denver might be a good spot to rehab his value.
It really depends on the off set language and what's in it for him. Broncos are 1-4, and not sure Bell is someone they'd be interested in. I still think the Bears would make sense, but I'm also not convinced there will be a whole lot of interest, unless there are some more injuries, which are probable, but he may be out there a few weeks. It wouldn't surprise me.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:48 pm

My money is on chiefs or dolphins.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...