DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:39 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:28 am This thread is rich. Man, I remember all the doubters on our DLF forums picking away at precieved weaknesses in his game. Route running and agility drills at the combine... Ugh. Anyway, I do own DK in a couple leagues and I view him as a great peice to build a team around. I've turned down a few offers I think of as low ball offers. Most recent was in our DLF HOF league. Two mid to late 1sts in a 16 team league from the 2021 draft for DK. No thanks. Not even worth a counter in my opinion. In a competitive league with knowledgable owners, It would be a breath of fresh air to see a mutually benifical well thought out offer. :crazy:
As the president of DK's Fan club even before the combine, I really remember those days.

I own him in most of my leagues and picked him in the top 5 everywhere to make sure I got him. Seems like really low prices these days. My highest pick was taking him 1.2 prior to the NFL draft in a league with members on this site. Draft night was tough. Thank you Seattle!

He has developed even faster than I thought he would.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:37 am

The reality is by the time we hit next offseason this thread title might be applicable to startup drafts.

It's really not that much of a stretch. All of the elite RBs are crossing the age 25 mark and several of them aren't actually putting up elite numbers this year. The really young RBs that could move into their slot at the top have played well enough to hold steady in value but not really well enough to leap into that startup top 3 range.

Then you have Metcalf who will probably finish this year with ~1400 yards and 10+ TDs as a 22 year old athletic freak tied to one of the best QBs in the league for the foreseeable future.

Even in a RB driven league I think this guy is going to be in the discussion for top overall dynasty asset next offseason unless he slows down considerably. In that sense he may still be a buy right now even at his seemingly outrageous value.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:56 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:37 am The reality is by the time we hit next offseason this thread title might be applicable to startup drafts.

It's really not that much of a stretch. All of the elite RBs are crossing the age 25 mark and several of them aren't actually putting up elite numbers this year. The really young RBs that could move into their slot at the top have played well enough to hold steady in value but not really well enough to leap into that startup top 3 range.

Then you have Metcalf who will probably finish this year with ~1400 yards and 10+ TDs as a 22 year old athletic freak tied to one of the best QBs in the league for the foreseeable future.

Even in a RB driven league I think this guy is going to be in the discussion for top overall dynasty asset next offseason unless he slows down considerably. In that sense he may still be a buy right now even at his seemingly outrageous value.
The only thing stopping him from breaking into that tier, imo, is his relatively low reception total. He could very well be the WR1 in dynasty right now (although I suspect he's going to see some competition for that spot with AJB once he plays and Cee Dee Lamb if he continues on this ridiculous rookie season path.)

Either way, I'd have a hard time selecting him over Saquon even with his injury issues the past two years.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:56 am

I picked him up for $110 FAAB (out of $200) during our draft (we only have 1 round of rookies). Didn't really like him that much but saw the potential. Glad I held as my WR core is the best in the league.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 pm

I tweeted yesterday that id need Hopkins + or Mt + to trade him. Now i understand absolutely no one would do this, and they shouldnt, but thats where i value him and if its overvalung him then its fine. Id even have a tough time trading him for a RB, id have to think twice about that. Honestly only guy id trade him straight up for is Kittle and thats only because having an advantage at TE is the biggest advantage of all IMO

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 pm

It will be interesting to see his career arc ... we'll eventually be having a debate over who is better Calvin John or DK ... DK has a huge benefit of playing with Russ while Calvin had absolute trash at QB until Stafford arrived and then Stafford had a bunch of injuries early in his career.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 pm It will be interesting to see his career arc ... we'll eventually be having a debate over who is better Calvin John or DK ... DK has a huge benefit of playing with Russ while Calvin had absolute trash at QB until Stafford arrived and then Stafford had a bunch of injuries early in his career.
I don't think DK belongs anywhere near Calvin at this point.

Calvin broke out with Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, and the husk of Culpepper in an era where passing yards weren't as easy to come by. DK's got the potential to enter that conversation if he continues to develop, though. If he is close to Megatron, then I'd expect better numbers given how amazing Russ is playing.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 pm I tweeted yesterday that id need Hopkins + or Mt + to trade him. Now i understand absolutely no one would do this, and they shouldnt, but thats where i value him and if its overvalung him then its fine. Id even have a tough time trading him for a RB, id have to think twice about that. Honestly only guy id trade him straight up for is Kittle and thats only because having an advantage at TE is the biggest advantage of all IMO
I don't think it's crazy.

Even as a contender I offered Hopkins for him BEFORE this most recent game on national TV as a contender (to another contender) and he basically told me not interested. We're talking about less than 2ppg difference in scoring right now versus 6 years in age difference, not to mention the notion that DK may still be getting better while Hopkins is likely already at his peak.

MT is coming back to New Orleans which looks like a bit of a mess right now. I would take DK over him fairly easily.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:12 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 pm It will be interesting to see his career arc ... we'll eventually be having a debate over who is better Calvin John or DK ... DK has a huge benefit of playing with Russ while Calvin had absolute trash at QB until Stafford arrived and then Stafford had a bunch of injuries early in his career.
This feels maybe a bit premature.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:46 pm

I will admit I had serious concerns about DK. But it had nothing to do with his 3 cone time, and everything to do with his radical injury history. I was never in any position to draft him unfortunately. I either had a top 2 pick where I took Sanders, or a late 1st and he was already gone.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 pm

hoos89 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:12 pm
This feels maybe a bit premature.
Guess it depends on how long one believes "eventually" is..... :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:00 pm

Couldn't get DK for Jrob, 2 firsts and a second.

Not exactly a lights out anyone with a brain will accept, but I think that was a solid offer for DK. Especially considering Jrob, David Johnson and a first got me godwin
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:01 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:46 pm I will admit I had serious concerns about DK. But it had nothing to do with his 3 cone time, and everything to do with his radical injury history. I was never in any position to draft him unfortunately. I either had a top 2 pick where I took Sanders, or a late 1st and he was already gone.
The injuries, especially the neck, was my big issue as well. Glad for him that my concerns were unfounded. But I hate that I was scared off by it
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Yeah but he doesn’t sink his hips.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:37 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:52 pm
joeday wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:20 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:56 pm I traded Ridley for Dk. Is this trade basically a wash?
I think at this point I would rather have DK because of the TD upside, but its close enough I wouldnt feel bad either way about it.
DK’s also younger.
I mean sure but when both are 25 or younger it doesn’t matter as much unless you are projecting out like 6-8 years which seems a little much lol.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0