Tight end troubles

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Tight end troubles

Postby heydangle » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:23 am

So I’m in a 12 team 1 qb league and looking to win a championship; the only problem is my tight end position. Start one of each offensive position and 5 flex for a total of 9.

Here’s the main players on my team:
L Jackson, D Jones

Jonathan Taylor, Zeke, Ekeler, Chubb

Adams, Anderson, Evans, Tyreek, Hopkins, Ceedee

Ertz, Engram, Dissly

I also have my first and another teams first that is .500

Only position that’s struggling is tight end. I may be nitpicking but should I make a trade?

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tight end troubles

Postby M-Dub » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:20 am

I feel your frustration with Ertz. I’m not sure what’s wrong with him this year, but I sure as hell wasn’t expecting 1.6-point weeks from him. That said, even with his slow start, there are only a handful of TEs I’d feel more comfortable rolling out on a weekly basis, so if you’re gonna trade for a TE, you have to go big. I’d float Evans to the owners of Kelce, Kittle and Andrews. Do you have a 2nd? Adding a 1st to Evans seems like overkill, but a 2nd might be worth it to put you over the top.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 am

As mentioned above, if you cant land: Kittle, Waller, Andrews or Kelce, I would not bother trading for a TE.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:59 pm

See how much Hunter Henry will cost. I bought him in the offseason and I'm happy with the purchase. He's right in the sweet spot of production to price value for me. It's great to get out of the weekly tight end streamer lottery without having to pay up for one of the big 4.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:56 am

M-Dub wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:20 am I feel your frustration with Ertz. I’m not sure what’s wrong with him this year, but I sure as hell wasn’t expecting 1.6-point weeks from him. That said, even with his slow start, there are only a handful of TEs I’d feel more comfortable rolling out on a weekly basis, so if you’re gonna trade for a TE, you have to go big. I’d float Evans to the owners of Kelce, Kittle and Andrews. Do you have a 2nd? Adding a 1st to Evans seems like overkill, but a 2nd might be worth it to put you over the top.
Good idea. I do have a 2nd and fwiw a third

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:57 am

I do have Henry in a few leagues, he’s solid. Maybe more so if Keenans out a while. Thanks guys

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 am

Just looked at your roster. Personally, I would rather keep my investments tied up in RBs WRs and draft capital. Hunter Henry would be perfect if you got him cheapish. Price check Waller too. The other 3 are too expensive for my liking, but that's your call.
Last edited by MFundercover on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:11 am

If Waller's owner isn't a contending team you might be able to buy him for cheaper, I acquired him at the deadline last year for Howard plus a second. Maybe see if they're interested in Engram and a mid round pick?

I wouldn't invest heavily in upgrading the position, I'd keep running out Ertz. Engram looks good with the ball in his hands, I don't understand how he's not getting more targets.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07