2020 Rookie RB's

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

2020 Rookie RB's

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:27 am

I think most of us wanted to see more so far, but the reality is there are so few Zeke's, or Barkley's. CEH and JT are getting touches, but they aren't wowing people. Just shows the NFL is a leap, and most young players take time and need to figure out the NFL, as a different animal. Swift has flashed in the receiving game, and JT and CEH have shown some good moments, Akers has had some problems, and then flashed some potential, as has Gibson. Dobbins has flashed, but is an afterthought for his team right now. Through 5 weeks, I think most expected more, but I am not yet ready to call anyone a disappointment. I think expectations got a little too high, especially with no off season programs.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: 2020 Rookie RB's

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:30 am

I said this earlier in the off-season and I'll put it out there again.
These backs aren't bad at all, just the expectation placed on them in trades and startup adp left next to no margin for error. Helaire went top of the first startup, JT end of the 1st, dobbins and swift back of the 2nd, and Akers mid 3rd. There was just literally no room for them to perform like this off pre draft expectations without it sizeably seeming like a disappointment

dynastyfan43
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dynastyfan43 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:27 am I think most of us wanted to see more so far, but the reality is there are so few Zeke's, or Barkley's. CEH and JT are getting touches, but they aren't wowing people. Just shows the NFL is a leap, and most young players take time and need to figure out the NFL, as a different animal. Swift has flashed in the receiving game, and JT and CEH have shown some good moments, Akers has had some problems, and then flashed some potential, as has Gibson. Dobbins has flashed, but is an afterthought for his team right now. Through 5 weeks, I think most expected more, but I am not yet ready to call anyone a disappointment. I think expectations got a little too high, especially with no off season programs.
I think the combination of no preseason or real offseason and the high expectations of owners is the cause of the disappointment. In a normal year, this week would've been week 1 for these rookies. Watch for them to continue to grow throughout the year, like Jacobs and Sanders last year. Also put out feeler offers to owners who may be disappointed and overreacting, you may be able to get solid buy-lows if people are ready to throw in the towel on the idea of their guy being elite.
Equipmonk Managers
Team, PPR, Roster: 21+5 IR (4 COVID only) + 4 Taxi (2 year)
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, K, DST

QB: Josh Allen
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Austin Ekeler, Kenyan Drake, Chase Edmonds, Mike Davis, JD McKissic, Carlos Hyde, Tarik Cohen, JaMychal Hasty
WR: Deandre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Keke Coutee, Anthony Miller, Quez Watkins, Marquez Callaway
TE: Hunter Henry, Irv Smith Jr, Dawson Knox
K:
DST: Chi Bears

Taxi: Bryan Edwards, Quintez Cephus, Anthony Gandy-Golden

Picks Held:
2021: 2nd (mid), 2nd (early)
2022: None
2023: 3rd

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:56 am

Draft hype, or lack thereof, usually dictates what I do regarding picks. Last year people were so down on the class, it made trading in to get an early pick very easy. This year with all the hype, I sold the 1.5 for a haul.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Someone posted this and it creates some perspective - https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... just_fine/
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:47 pm

I have loved the 2020 class overall but do agree that the RBs were overhyped and now since they were overhyped people are already losing patience. I still think they will be very very good but as you said there are only so many Barkleys or Zekes. Akers was sold in my league for a low first, AP, and a 3rd. Myself and most of my league mates were stunned by this. The price i paid for the 1.04 in May was pretty high and for our 1.05 pick to go for that little was mindnumbing. Exhibiting patience in these dynasty leagues has seemingly become harder and harder since we want instant results. People need to remember that CMC was not CMC his rookie year and many people only saw him as a pass catcher who couldnt run between the tackles. I still see many in this class as being potentially better than last years number 1 back, Josh Jacobs. Only time will tell.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:56 pm

We're 5 weeks in.

No Pre-Season in which most rookies show what they can do. No Rookie Camp. No real OTA's. Thrown into the gauntlet against men that have been at the top level before. It's a lame excuse, but give it a few weeks and you're going to see another level soon.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:59 pm

I sold all of my 2020 pick for players of value because the value was too good. Then I got rookie fever and sold Ridley so I could draft Akers. Yay
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:13 pm

I still like this RB class, but I'm not surprised. I think a decent amount of people here said that there was no Barkley/Zeke-type of prospect, but you could get a lot of pretty good RBs in the tier below it.

Better days are ahead though.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:13 pm I still like this RB class, but I'm not surprised. I think a decent amount of people here said that there was no Barkley/Zeke-type of prospect, but you could get a lot of pretty good RBs in the tier below it.

Yup, if owners are willing to fade them to where historically backs like them would go in value I'm buying but I'm not paying prices as if theyve already hit

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:19 pm

Just looking at landing spots anyone with a brain would have known it would be an uphill battle to even get playing time. Dobbins behind Ingram, swift behind kerryon, Dillon behind Jones, JT behind Mack, CEH behind/even with williams (closest thing to a sure fire starter out the gates)

Combine that with an abbreviated run up to the start of the season it's no wonder they aren't world beaters to start.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:16 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:13 pm I still like this RB class, but I'm not surprised. I think a decent amount of people here said that there was no Barkley/Zeke-type of prospect, but you could get a lot of pretty good RBs in the tier below it.

Yup, if owners are willing to fade them to where historically backs like them would go in value I'm buying but I'm not paying prices as if theyve already hit
Agreed. And this was my issue with CEH's value. He was propped up to elite/generational RB-talent prices before he played a snap, and it was clear as day that he isn't that.

So, if you traded for him before he played, you were already buying as if he's been crushing the league for years.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:25 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Agreed. And this was my issue with CEH's value. He was propped up to elite/generational RB-talent prices before he played a snap, and it was clear as day that he isn't that.

So, if you traded for him before he played, you were already buying as if he's been crushing the league for years.
For sure. He's a back end RB1 right now, (had a TD called back yesterday) and isn't even getting in the end zone. He's not an elite talent. He's a good player is a great situation. He looks to have a safe floor, but the ceiling isn't CMC or Barkley level. I think he can be a mid/back end RB1 for his rookie contract, but paying top 5 prices prior to the season was a bit much. So was the price on JT, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:25 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 pm

For sure. He's a back end RB1 right now, (had a TD called back yesterday) and isn't even getting in the end zone. He's not an elite talent. He's a good player is a great situation. He looks to have a safe floor, but the ceiling isn't CMC or Barkley level. I think he can be a mid/back end RB1 for his rookie contract, but paying top 5 prices prior to the season was a bit much. So was the price on JT, IMO.
And for my money, I think JK Dobbins is better than both...when he eventually gets the chance. And he's still affordable

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:32 pm

It's funny that we are down on this RB class, despite the fact that 5 RB (Taylor, CEH, Gibson, Robinson, Kelley) are all starting for their respective teams. It won't be long and we will likely see dobbins, swift, and Akers take over major roles. Thats potentially 8 starters in their rookie years.

I think their value was overhyped, as these guys shouldn't have been drafted as top 5 startup picks...probably not even top 15 startup picks. But this class is showing it was not only good at the top, but fairly deep as well.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th