CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 am

remedy29 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:45 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)
For the record, DLF very own rankings has Lamb over DJ Moore....

Metcalf is the top WR in dynasty. I can see an argument for Godwin over Lamb, but it's very close. Again, Lamb over DJ Moore is not outrageous, no need to hate Lamb or be annoyed by "this community" with logical statements. Sorry I made the statement before dynasty rankings are updated so as not to blow your mind.

DLF has Lamb ranked at 8.
Metcalf, obviously ranked a head of him.
Godwin ranked ahead, I say it's close.
The rest are 25 years or older. The younger stud in Lamb should have more value than they do. I see this more as an obvious statement, than anything close to a bold statement.
This was also 2 weeks ago now where i made this statement, things change. People were saying this in week 3 and i thought it was outrageous. Week 5, its not so outrageous, except the Metcalf part, which SOME people are still somehow saying. I was also joking about the hate part, but the dynasty community does certainly over and underreact to everything, its been fun to see that over the years as ive been in it more. BUT the people new to it like i was certainly dont benefit by many of the overreactions. New lurkers on this forum are gonna come on here and see people talking about Ceedee for Metcalf and make those trades that arent good. So i just like to point out the overreactions once in a while.

patrickchula
Rookie
Rookie

Postby patrickchula » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am As advertised and then some. I'm actually starting him in redraft where I went RB heavy to the max.
AMEN!.....but I was double dipping with Dak. Now I think I'm doomed.

CeeDee is a beast unfortunately....
Team 1 (SF):
QB:
Josh Allen, Lock, Minshew, Herbert
RB: M Sanders, Kenyan Drake, Gurley, Fournette, D Henderson, Gaskin, Boston Scott
WR: Davante, McLaurin, CeeDee, DJ Moore, M Brown, N Harry, Gandy-Golden, B Cooks, JJAWS, J Reynolds
TE: GRONK, H Henry, M Gesicki, N Fant
Picks: 1, 2,4, 5 (2021)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 2 (SF, TE Prem):
QB:
Russell Wilson, Tua, Cam
RB: Josh Jacobs, D Singletary, C Carson, R Penny, D Washington, B Love, A Gibson, Darrell Henderson
WR: Scary Terry McLaurin, C Kupp, A Thielen, M Gallup, D Slayton, Aiyuk, T Higgins, Shenault, M Hardman, B Cooks, R Higgins, J Reynolds, H Butler, S Sims, K Harmon
TE: GRONK, Hockenson, Kmet, Njoku, D Sample, K Warring
Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 (2021)

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 pm

He's currently WR 11 in PPR.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm

This is probably going to come off as hating or something so I want to preface this by saying I had Lamb as top 2 from this draft and I still rate him highly for the future.
From what I've watched of cowboys games it looked like defence's have straight up ignored him. Now Lamb can only take what's given to him and there were a few good routes and strong catches in the mix but it feels like it may be premature to anoint him a top 5 dynasty WR just yet, not saying he can't get there.
Thoughts?

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm

AussieMate wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm This is probably going to come off as hating or something so I want to preface this by saying I had Lamb as top 2 from this draft and I still rate him highly for the future.
From what I've watched of cowboys games it looked like defence's have straight up ignored him. Now Lamb can only take what's given to him and there were a few good routes and strong catches in the mix but it feels like it may be premature to anoint him a top 5 dynasty WR just yet, not saying he can't get there.
Thoughts?
He benefits from playing in the slot. I think “ignored him” is hyperbole. He’s talented at finding holes in zone coverage and he’s too good to be covered by the average slot corner.

There’s some JuJu downside here where his role changes and he’s not the same guy.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:13 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm
AussieMate wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm This is probably going to come off as hating or something so I want to preface this by saying I had Lamb as top 2 from this draft and I still rate him highly for the future.
Thoughts?
He benefits from playing in the slot. I think “ignored him” is hyperbole. He’s talented at finding holes in zone coverage and he’s too good to be covered by the average slot corner.

There’s some JuJu downside here where his role changes and he’s not the same guy.

That’s basically how I see it and I watch every single play of every game. He’s also made some nice catches too, one last week that was huge after Dalton had to come in. I also agree about the JuJu comp, he hasn’t had to play outside really, so we don’t know how that would work out. He definitely needs to fill out, but he’s only 21, so I’m not worried much about that. As much as I like him, I still wouldn’t have him as a top 5 dynasty WR though, that’s a little crazy to me, he’s not there yet, I think he can potentially get there but not yet.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:01 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm
Thoughts?

Yeah it was meant as hyperbolic haha, it was just amazing watching him with no players within 15 yards of him on multiple plays and the commentators being blown away by his talent on said play. Reminded me of running backs running in a straight line through giant holes on highlight reels, to me that really showed nothing of his talent.
Like I said I still really like the kid and it's only week 6 of his career so he could get there.

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:18 am

I’m no film study expert, but the way he plays reminds me of Hopkins. Nothing flashy, but always seems to be open regardless of who’s covering him / what the scheme is. They both also have good hands.

Jeudy reminds me more of OBJ. A bit inconsistent, sets people up well on routes, and very smooth on the field.

Again - I don’t spend nearly the time you all do watching every play, but I don’t see any reason why both of them can’t be fantasy WR1’s.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:46 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:18 am I’m no film study expert, but the way he plays reminds me of Hopkins. Nothing flashy, but always seems to be open regardless of who’s covering him / what the scheme is. They both also have good hands.

Jeudy reminds me more of OBJ. A bit inconsistent, sets people up well on routes, and very smooth on the field.

Again - I don’t spend nearly the time you all do watching every play, but I don’t see any reason why both of them can’t be fantasy WR1’s.
Hopkins was a fairly regular comparison for Lamb's upside in college and pre-draft. I can see it some, but he has a little while to go before he's as meticulous as Hopkins is in the route tree.

jhhdynasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jhhdynasty » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:37 am

Any updated thoughts on CeeDee now that we have seen him without Dak? Where do others rank him at the moment in the 24 and under WR crowd (assuming DK #1) of Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson?

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:10 pm

jhughes9327 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:37 am Any updated thoughts on CeeDee now that we have seen him without Dak? Where do others rank him at the moment in the 24 and under WR crowd (assuming DK #1) of Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson?
Losing Dak is a huge hit to his value for the remainder of 2020. It doesn't affect my rankings for him for 2021 and beyond. He showed enough to prove he's on a star trajectory regardless of what else happens this season.

I'd have him in the mix behind Brown and Metcalf. Jefferson is more likely to produce big numbers the remainder of the season though, so my guess is he will fall behind him in rankings heading into next year. And honestly Jefferson looks better to me anyway. Lamb is awesome but he benefits from the Dallas hype just a tad.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:21 pm

Lamb is a future Stud! Jefferson probably will be as well. Way too early to plant your flag but if we must I would take Lamb and it wouldn’t be close.

Really like them both so nothing against Jefferson.

Just evaluate Lamb quite a bit higher. The Hopkins comp is spot on IMO.

We will know in a few years as one of them will probably separate.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jhhdynasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jhhdynasty » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:37 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:10 pm
jhughes9327 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:37 am Any updated thoughts on CeeDee now that we have seen him without Dak? Where do others rank him at the moment in the 24 and under WR crowd (assuming DK #1) of Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson?
Losing Dak is a huge hit to his value for the remainder of 2020. It doesn't affect my rankings for him for 2021 and beyond. He showed enough to prove he's on a star trajectory regardless of what else happens this season.

I'd have him in the mix behind Brown and Metcalf. Jefferson is more likely to produce big numbers the remainder of the season though, so my guess is he will fall behind him in rankings heading into next year. And honestly Jefferson looks better to me anyway. Lamb is awesome but he benefits from the Dallas hype just a tad.
Strong contender has Lamb and I'm in a rebuild with Godwin and DJM as my strongest pieces. Trying to decide if giving up Moore plus a little something extra is worth it to try and get Lamb from him.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:56 pm

jhhdynasty wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:37 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Strong contender has Lamb and I'm in a rebuild with Godwin and DJM as my strongest pieces. Trying to decide if giving up Moore plus a little something extra is worth it to try and get Lamb from him.
I probably would, Lamb has a higher ceiling IMO. Although I wouldnt like adding much to the deal. I might still do it but I wouldn't like it lol.
Last edited by skinfanjon on Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:00 pm

jhhdynasty wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:37 pm
I would absolutely not give up DJM+ for Lamb.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1