Donald Parham- Too Big to Fail

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Donald Parham- Too Big to Fail

Postby jman3134 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:45 pm

I am going to plant a flag on this guy. It is still early and it will probably take a year or so to adjust, but this guy is a future TD machine for Herbert. 6'8 with decent mobility and shiftiness. Crazy catch radius. No sample size yet, but 1 play 1 catch 1 td to start his NFL career.
Last edited by jman3134 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Donald Parham- Too Big to Miss

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:12 pm

IDK, he's played one snap. I just picked him up in my best ball, TE premium. Dropped Richard Rodgers, so no big deal. Seems really lanky. Probably will never see much field time. TD dependent player, for Fantasy, most likely. Type of player who only gets targeted or sees the field inside the 20.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Donald Parham- Too Big to Fail

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:11 pm

Is TD machine enough to make a TE relevant?

Hunter Henry is no chopped liver.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:11 pm Is TD machine enough to make a TE relevant?

Hunter Henry is no chopped liver.
But he gets banged up a lot. So there could be opportunity.
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:35 pm

It would have to be a deep TE premium league to be worth rostering IMO.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:35 pm It would have to be a deep TE premium league to be worth rostering IMO.
Yeah I picked up Parham in two TE leagues, and because of injury in best ball league, he actually made my starting lineup. Talk about a surprise.

I like the guy but I'm skeptical. He's worth a stash in deeper leagues, but I'm not reaching for him in 12 teamers or anything.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Dorian Green Beckham was too big to fail too :wall:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm Dorian Green Beckham was too big to fail too :wall:
DGB was a 1st rounder in some startups (going by memory) where-as Parham is a waiver wire pickup.

I get what you're saying though, the "too big to fail" part, but the OP is just giving a catchy title to something he values in a TE. Let's not beat on the guy for it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:22 pm

TEs have succeeded with crazier paths to the NFL than Parham, but I definitely wouldn't link his chances of success to his height.

I think he's worth a stash though, but if the Chargers re-sign Hunter Henry than all of that's gone.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:48 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:21 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm Dorian Green Beckham was too big to fail too :wall:
DGB was a 1st rounder in some startups (going by memory) where-as Parham is a waiver wire pickup.

I get what you're saying though, the "too big to fail" part, but the OP is just giving a catchy title to something he values in a TE. Let's not beat on the guy for it.
Oh not bashing OP at all. DJB was just the guy that came to mind haha. Was he really a 1st round startup though??? I remember 1st round rookie pick but he didn't do a single thing...

Regardless, Parham is a decent pickup I guess. Only really relevant after his one TD catch. He's already been cut by multiple teams. I doubt he's a thing, but in deeper leagues, sure why not? If he doesn't show up for a few weeks, on to the next one

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:49 pm

I scanned his tape at Stetson and it was alright - I like his fluidity for his size. I wonder how he will develop as a blocker, as this will keep him off the field in non TD scenarios. I actually think Henry would be a good TE to learn from. Might poach a bunch of his tds as well.

The title was tongue-in-cheek, but his size is the most important factor for why he has a potential future as a redzone target. Height and Parham are inseparable.
K:

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Another week, another reception, another TD. Two receptions for TDs now. Look for his usage to be upped moving forward.
K:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:27 pm

jman3134 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm Another week, another reception, another TD. Two receptions for TDs now. Look for his usage to be upped moving forward.
LOL. Sure. I roster him, but no mention of the goose egg, last week? Seems like a guy who is a situational dependent best ball guy. Good luck starting him. Hoping for that 1 target, that might be a TD. Pretty rosy outlook. Can he block? no. Can he run most routes? No. Can he run down the field and catch the occasional jump ball? Sure. There was a guy who was much better than he was, Green,that flamed out for the Chargers. I wouldn't expect a starting TE from this guy, ever.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:27 pm
jman3134 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm Another week, another reception, another TD. Two receptions for TDs now. Look for his usage to be upped moving forward.
LOL. Sure. I roster him, but no mention of the goose egg, last week? Seems like a guy who is a situational dependent best ball guy. Good luck starting him. Hoping for that 1 target, that might be a TD. Pretty rosy outlook. Can he block? no. Can he run most routes? No. Can he run down the field and catch the occasional jump ball? Sure. There was a guy who was much better than he was, Green,that flamed out for the Chargers. I wouldn't expect a starting TE from this guy, ever.
Right... He's had 8 snaps all year before this week so I mean his usage could be upped 200% and I still don't think it matters. 1 snap week 4 and he caught the TD. Highest FPPS I've seen.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:50 pm

If HH misses time, which isn't unimaginable, DP could be something of value w Herbert.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass