Buy lows?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JAG_challam
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Buy lows?

Postby JAG_challam » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:02 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:06 pm Every backup RB.
Specifically, I like Chase Edmonds quite a bit. He was in line to be their guy until injury, and they were forced to trade for Drake (who I don't particularly believe in). They liked him a lot at that time, and still do. If Drake continues stinking up the field we could see a complete changing of the guard come next year when Drake's contract is up (if not sooner).

And if you want a real lottery ticket I like Justin Jackson as an outside shot at overtaking Josh Kelley while Ekeler is out.

Not sure how "buy low cheap" either are going for right now though.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:08 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 am I'd much rather take a chance on Penny than some random second. He hasn't risen to the occasion yet, but last year when he was given ample opportunity, he looked great. Hopefully this knee injury wont set him back too far. Im glad the hawks are taking their time before throwing him back onto the field
Is Penny the new Cristine Michael?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:33 am

Penny depends for me, SF league Im likely keeping the second as next year has a good QB class that'll push value down

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:01 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:08 am
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 am I'd much rather take a chance on Penny than some random second. He hasn't risen to the occasion yet, but last year when he was given ample opportunity, he looked great. Hopefully this knee injury wont set him back too far. Im glad the hawks are taking their time before throwing him back onto the field
Might be, Im willing to cut bait if he cant get anything going in the second half of the season
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:26 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:14 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm
remedy29 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:04 pm

How low is low for Penny? The guy has done nothing in his career. I can't see paying more than a third for him. If I own, which I don't, I'd rather keep him for that low of a return and go down in flames with the likely high draft cost it cost to draft him originally.
I offered a 2nd for Penny and the owner declined... :wtf:
Drafted Penny 1.04, so I'd rather hold than get a random second. The situation blows and is impossible to read but I still like his talent more. Next year? Maybe I move on, I don't know yet.
Next year his value would likely plummet to zero if he doesn't establish himself in some fashion.

He was a fade for me coming out. I'd get out for a second if I could. He is top 5 in both injury probability and fragility.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:26 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:14 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm

I offered a 2nd for Penny and the owner declined... :wtf:
Drafted Penny 1.04, so I'd rather hold than get a random second. The situation blows and is impossible to read but I still like his talent more. Next year? Maybe I move on, I don't know yet.
Next year his value would likely plummet to zero if he doesn't establish himself in some fashion.

He was a fade for me coming out. I'd get out for a second if I could. He is top 5 in both injury probability and fragility.
Is that a player profiler metric? I don't buy into injury predictably metrics. Seems like snake oil salesman stuff to me. Fragility rating. I can sit here a tell you James Conner will probably get hurt. Not buying that one, personally. Too many variables and random chance in football.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:00 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:08 am
No. Penny was a massive producer in college, and produced in his limited action in the NFL. He's almost the opposite of Michael, really. Michael was a super athlete, that didn't have the college production despite that (major red flag), and Penny has been very productive with his limited opportunity to date. He was breaking out before his injury. If hadn't torn his ACL, there's a good chance he'd be on a really good trajectory. The question is, whether he can get back. He was killing it for 2 games, and really figuring out the NFL game at that point.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:13 am

The Cardinals have watched Edmonds every day for 2 years, still they traded a pick for Drake and tranition tagged him. They have been telling us Edmonds is not the guy, he will always be a change of pace back.

Also, take a look at Drakes carries from week 4 and tell me you still want Edmonds handeling these. It looked like Saquon week 1 vs Pittsburgh. Drake was getting murdered the entire game. Unless Edmonds can truck 3 guys at once the Cardinals need to improve the play calling and run blocking before the backfield does anything.

https://youtu.be/k-cX1EedQJw

EdMoNdS iS bEtTeR dRaKe StInKs :wall:

Watch the games before you post.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:17 am

MFundercover wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:13 am The Cardinals have watched Edmonds every day for 2 years, still they traded a pick for Drake and tranition tagged him. They have been telling us Edmonds is not the guy, he will always be a change of pace back.

Also, take a look at Drakes carries from week 4 and tell me you still want Edmonds handeling these. It looked like Saquon week 1 vs Pittsburgh. Drake was getting murdered the entire game. Unless Edmonds can truck 3 guys at once the Cardinals need to improve the play calling and run blocking before the backfield does anything.
I know part of this is that you are trying to convince yourself you didn't make the wrong move, and stated it was your first mistake ever, trading for him, BUT Drake, may actually be a buy low, if somebody is getting sketchy on him, and will sell cheap. Kliff mentioned the need to get him into space, and that he's a dynamic player. Maybe he realizes throwing WR screens and short passes to Hopkins all game is getting figured out, and that he needs to shake things up a bit. They have been pathetically predictable, and Kyler isn't such a great player that he can overcome bad coaching. He has no idea how to audible, he's just a lackey at this point, and Kilff needs to become a better play caller. Getting Drake involved in the passing game, and not just running him into the back of his guards would be a good start.

Fournetto
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Fournetto » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:28 am

MFundercover wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:13 am The Cardinals have watched Edmonds every day for 2 years, still they traded a pick for Drake and tranition tagged him. They have been telling us Edmonds is not the guy, he will always be a change of pace back.

EdMoNdS iS bEtTeR dRaKe StInKs :wall:

Watch the games before you post.
So much of this 🔥💯
8 Team 1 PPR

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, DEF, K
QB: D. Brees, J. Goff
RB: A. Ekeler, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, G. Edwards, L. Perine, T. Pollard, B. Hill, J. Jackson, T. Cohen (IR), Z. Moss (T).
WR: M. Thomas, J. Jones, C. Godwin, M. Evans, T. McLaurin, AJ. Green, T. Boyd, C. Sutton (IR), M. Williams, A. Miller, D. Slayton, T. Patrick, D. People's-Jones, N. Harry, J. Ross, G. Davis (T)
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Smith, E. Engram, D. Goedert
DST: TB
K: Y. Koo
2021: 1st, 1st, 1st
2022: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:17 am

I know part of this is that you are trying to convince yourself you didn't make the wrong move, and stated it was your first mistake ever, trading for him, BUT Drake, may actually be a buy low, if somebody is getting sketchy on him, and will sell cheap. Kliff mentioned the need to get him into space, and that he's a dynamic player. Maybe he realizes throwing WR screens and short passes to Hopkins all game is getting figured out, and that he needs to shake things up a bit. They have been pathetically predictable, and Kyler isn't such a great player that he can overcome bad coaching. He has no idea how to audible, he's just a lackey at this point, and Kilff needs to become a better play caller. Getting Drake involved in the passing game, and not just running him into the back of his guards would be a good start.
I absolutely regret trading for him, but I'll double down on Drakes talent. I still think he is an above average, not elite running back, and Edmonds is just a good change of pace guy. I was wrong about the Cardinals offense taking a step forward, and I was wrong about Drakes involvement in the passing game.

I cant imagine anybody who thinks the solution is giving Chase Edmonds more work and not making other changes is the solution. Pretty sure these people just look at the box score and dont watch the games. If the Cardinals actually sort things out, Drake will still be the guy to benefit.

I wish it was as simple as the "experts" think it is. I'll take rb2/rb1 numbers from Edmonds with Drake as the cuff. Makes no difference to me.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:14 am

MFundercover wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:47 am

I absolutely regret trading for him, but I'll double down on Drakes talent. I still think he is an above average, not elite running back, and Edmonds is just a good change of pace guy. I was wrong about the Cardinals offense taking a step forward, and I was wrong about Drakes involvement in the passing game.

I cant imagine anybody who thinks the solution is giving Chase Edmonds more work and not making other changes is the solution. Pretty sure these people just look at the box score and dont watch the games. If the Cardinals actually sort things out, Drake will still be the guy to benefit.

I wish it was as simple as the "experts" think it is. I'll take rb2/rb1 numbers from Edmonds with Drake as the cuff. Makes no difference to me.
"Kenyan, he’s a dynamic back. We know that. We have to get him opportunities in space." (After the Panthers loss)

I'd hope that means getting him A target, FF sakes. Seriously, after last weeks debacle, I'd hope he rethinks why they paid him almost 11 million dollars.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:01 am

Plank wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:26 pm I'd be pretty livid as a Bell owner these days ... I wouldn't expect anything until he leaves NY ...
I bought him for Nkeal Harry straight up in ppr. The hope is he gets traded
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:23 am

Denzel Mims comes to mind. With the Jets playing like turds and him being hurt all season, kinda feels like he’s been forgotten about. But plenty of opportunities there for a WR to step up, and given the chance he may become a contributor down the back half of the season. Not a bad flier while his value is depressed.

Hockenson feels like a player right on the verge of a big breakout. Honestly I keep expecting It every week, and he shows flashes, but the big blowup hasn’t occurred yet. May be a good time to buy in though before it does, I think he will be a stud in this league for a long time. And that it will start soon.

And kind of a strange one, because his value is already kinda high. But for you rebuilders out there, Joe Burrow. I know it won’t be cheap. But it’s only gonna get better from here, buy in while you still can.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:29 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3QSziyV0E