Buy Low/Sell High

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Buy Low/Sell High

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:47 am

dark_knite03 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:36 am What's the thoughts on Diggs. Currently wr8 in my league. Is it time to sell or can he sustain current production and become a true wr1?
I didn't think he'd do this well in Buffalo. I think the team is doing well enough, and will continue to, that he'll stay productive.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:51 am

dark_knite03 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:36 am What's the thoughts on Diggs. Currently wr8 in my league. Is it time to sell or can he sustain current production and become a true wr1?
Diggs typically plays really well when healthy. His problem is it seems like every year just as his value climbs up to maximum he picks up some nagging soft tissue injury that he battles through and plays at like 60% with far decreased production the rest of the year.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:51 am
Diggs typically plays really well when healthy. His problem is it seems like every year just as his value climbs up to maximum he picks up some nagging soft tissue injury that he battles through and plays at like 60% with far decreased production the rest of the year.
I just traded for him last night for a contending team on the edge of death. Gave up Juju to get Diggs and Kareem Hunt to keep me in it.

Vcize's post notwithstanding - Football being a contact sport, yes - but injuries aren't predictive. Diggs took a large value hit over the offseason changing teams, but really, we are seeing now that in fact his talent insulates his value, and it is Kirk Cousins / the Vikings that have suffered more from the move. With Josh Allen looking far more comfortable as a passer, and an awesome offensive system being run by future HC candidate Brian Daboll - Diggs seems like a buy right now for any contending team.

He is about to turn 27 in November - so he is squarely in his prime. His seperation metrics on the deep ball are still top of the league - and he's currently leading the NFL in deep contested catches with 7. Basically - he's a big play downfield waiting to happen. That's really great in fantasy. Add to that that Allen is looking for him on the goal line plenty - like, you've got to love what you're seeing.

Personally, I think he's a pretty excellent buy right now - he has at least another 3 seasons of his prime, and his elite route running means that he should age fairly gracefully. If this is the new Josh Allen, then I'm cool with him and Diggs being linked for this run. He's a baller.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Diggs is not Percy Harvin

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:52 pm

This robinson hype is getting a bit nuts. Im seeing people on reddit saying that there is no way they'd take swift for robinson, like a lot of people.

It's werk 5 and yes he's looked awesome but there is a very long lists of undrafted guys having success for a 3, 5, 10 or even entire an entire season then selling cars 12 months later.

You can't dismiss him either he is passing the eye test he looks explosive and makes the most out of every carry but draft pedigree matter. It really does. And not just because "oh he'll get more oppurtunities" I doubt the numbers back that myth up. Most coaches are happy to play the hot hand. The reason it matters is because despite the odd bust or round 6 guy who ends up having a long productive career it is NOT the norm, we just focus on them

These NFL scouts know what they're doing for the most part. They spend +10 hours a day watching film and know more about football than 99% of us combined.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:52 pm This robinson hype is getting a bit nuts. Im seeing people on reddit saying that there is no way they'd take swift for robinson, like a lot of people.
The problem with this is that you are taking seriously something that you read on reddit.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:58 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:52 pm This robinson hype is getting a bit nuts. Im seeing people on reddit saying that there is no way they'd take swift for robinson, like a lot of people.

It's werk 5 and yes he's looked awesome but there is a very long lists of undrafted guys having success for a 3, 5, 10 or even entire an entire season then selling cars 12 months later.

You can't dismiss him either he is passing the eye test he looks explosive and makes the most out of every carry but draft pedigree matter. It really does. And not just because "oh he'll get more oppurtunities" I doubt the numbers back that myth up. Most coaches are happy to play the hot hand. The reason it matters is because despite the odd bust or round 6 guy who ends up having a long productive career it is NOT the norm, we just focus on them

These NFL scouts know what they're doing for the most part. They spend +10 hours a day watching film and know more about football than 99% of us combined.
There is not a list of undrafted guys who pushed the starter off the team and started week 1 of their rookie season. So he is in uncharted territory there. The guys you were comparing him to did not have that sort of start to their career.

He has been the best rookie back to this point in the season. It's more him having icreased his price than Swift having decreased his. This seems like the appropriate price point to me, right around Swift and Akers. Is it risky? absolutely. It's just as risky to gamble on Swift or Akers at this point though.

As for the scouts I couldn't tell you why they weren't on him. A big part of it is it's hard to gauge a players dominance if it's at the FCS level compared to the FBS, combined with his not too impressive 40 time. In fact a lot of the guys we see have enormous success as UDFAs are from non FCS schools. Think Adam Thielen Austin Ekeler etc. It's just a lot harder to evaluate them when they are playing inferior competition.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:16 pm

Robinson and Gibson could be sell highs. Gibson, I finally saw the Football team use him the way i wanted, though. Splitting him out wide, throwing the ball to him in space. He still looks like a very average runner, to me. He breaks off a big run once in a while, but he really doesn't look like a nuanced runner on an average run play, which should be expected. Just not sure he ever will. I think he's best suited the way he's being used right now, about 12 carries a game, and getting targets, split out, and targeted in space. I think he's going to be a good solid RB2, even high end RB2. If they target him enough, he could get into RB1 territory, with the receiving upside, but I don't see a guy who should be commanding 18 plus carries a game. I see the talent, though. Need a first plus for sure to move him.

Robinson, I just don't see any special talent, and the situation isn't one I trust.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:18 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:58 pm

There is not a list of undrafted guys who pushed the starter off the team and started week 1 of their rookie season. So he is in uncharted territory there. The guys you were comparing him to did not have that sort of start to their career.

He has been the best rookie back to this point in the season. It's more him having icreased his price than Swift having decreased his. This seems like the appropriate price point to me, right around Swift and Akers. Is it risky? absolutely. It's just as risky to gamble on Swift or Akers at this point though.

As for the scouts I couldn't tell you why they weren't on him. A big part of it is it's hard to gauge a players dominance if it's at the FCS level compared to the FBS, combined with his not too impressive 40 time. In fact a lot of the guys we see have enormous success as UDFAs are from non FCS schools. Think Adam Thielen Austin Ekeler etc. It's just a lot harder to evaluate them when they are playing inferior competition.
Don't agree on Swift. He's getting targets and receptions, just behind an all time great who's still got something left, and the staff trust a bit more on early downs. Swift has the much better profile, and is less risky long term. He comes from a program that churns out successful NFL RB's, and has a 3 down skill set. If he were on the Jags, Robinson wouldn't be a thing right now, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:18 pm

Don't agree on Swift. He's getting targets and receptions, just behind an all time great who's still got something left, and the staff trust a bit more on early downs. Swift has the much better profile, and is less risky long term. He comes from a program that churns out successful NFL RB's, and has a 3 down skill set. If he were on the Jags, Robinson wouldn't be a thing right now, IMO.
I feel that. I wouldn't give up Swift for him either but I would give up Akers. Considering Akers and Swift haven't really moved their value since the draft this puts JRob in the same boat here as both of them for me at least. Through 4 games in his rookie season he is the RB6 in PPR though. I just don't think it's crazy if someone were to give up Swift for JRob. With Swift you're hoping for a coaching change or some scenario where he becomes the 3 down back in detroit.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:46 am

jjleurquin wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:58 pm

Pushed the starter off the team? I don't remember it happening like that, can someone confirm Robinson was the reason they got rid of LF?

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 am

AussieMate wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:46 am
Pushed the starter off the team? I don't remember it happening like that, can someone confirm Robinson was the reason they got rid of LF?
Well they were shopping LF befoe that, but they did say that he and Ozigbo were the reason they were comfortable letting LF walk.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:51 am

jjleurquin wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 am
Well they were shopping LF befoe that, but they did say that he and Ozigbo were the reason they were comfortable letting LF walk.
Source?

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:40 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:51 am
Source?
I'm not re-researching for you. If you were following in the preseason that's what they said and you can look it up yourself if you don't believe me.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 am

jjleurquin wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:40 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:51 am

Source?
I'm not re-researching for you. If you were following in the preseason that's what they said and you can look it up yourself if you don't believe me.
I didn't find anything. That's why I asked, but ok...